Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought a WC poster might have mentioned Daniels on HBG saying he had a quick chat with someone close to it and all signs are this is going to go the distance. WC adamant they want two firsts, Hawks adamant no.

Paraphrasing a bit but that was the gist of it. I still cant see Hawks possibly doing that but hats off to Clarke if he pulls it off

So you’re saying that everyone who said 2 x firsts was right and that Eagles have zero obligation to take less?
People here on BigFooty might finally learn the difference between CONTRACTED and OUT OF CONTRACT players.

The first one the original club has the leverage and can set the price, the second one the player involved has the power.

So you’re saying that everyone who said 2 x firsts was right and that Eagles have zero obligation to take less?
People here on BigFooty might finally learn the difference between CONTRACTED and OUT OF CONTRACT players.

The first one the original club has the leverage and can set the price, the second one the player involved has the power.
No, the trade hasnt been done yet. WC can demand what they want, Hawks can pick a price they dont like. No one is right in September.

No, the trade hasnt been done yet. WC can demand what they want, Hawks can pick a price they dont like. No one is right in September.

Didn’t say trade was done, if you listened to Hawks fans and some “neutrals” in this thread, you would think Eagles were just gonna roll over and accept Pick 13 at maximum. In form Contracted players always cost more.

This one may come to a stalemate come October

Didn’t say trade was done, if you listened to Hawks fans and some “neutrals” in this thread, you would think Eagles were just gonna roll over and accept Pick 13 at maximum. In form Contracted players always cost more.

I mean I was adamant saying they wont do two firsts, and still think that will be the case but I think 13 and a 2nd will be the deal. It is a massive leap to the extra first, regardless of what comes back because nothing is guaranteed and feels like a price / risk Hawks will dig their heels over. I read most Hawks as thinking pick 13 wont be enough by itself, just varying levels of sweetners.

End of the day 13 and a 2nd is overs for a 29 year old IMO and everyone gets what they want

Last edited:

Most sensible supporters of both teams realise a fair deal will get done, pick 13 and a 2nd should seal the deal.
If it comes to a stalemate then it’s no big deal, he stays at the WCE and the Hawks will move on.
You make it sound like Hawk supporters are the only ones being unrealistic when in fact it’s a 2 way street.
If you listen to some WCE supporters they think Barrass is the 2nd coming of Chris Langford.

Last edited:
Apparently a few clubs (Sydney, St Kilda) are now interested in Frost. Maybe when we get 2 1st round picks for our wanted and contracted key defender we will throw 1 of them WC's way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone please share the direct quote from an Eagles official that states that the deal needs to be 2 x 1st rounders?

I think it's the Perth press that has been frothing at the mouth and referencing two first rounders and this is being run with by their dull witted supporters in this thread.

I wouldn't be offering anymore than a secound round pick for a 29 year old with a degenerative back.

Any legitimate source on the 2 x 1st rounders or just media speculation?
Ive only seen media speculation but what I would say is that WC' won't want to be seen as pushovers to players demands and will attempt to drive a hard bargain for Barrass. Many in WA media see the club as given in to player demands too easily and that the inmates (players) are running the assylum. It wouldn' actually surprise me if the Eagles knocked back a reasonable offer as a way of drawing a line in the sand for players wantng to leave he club in the future. In my opinion there is more at play then a simple trade in this case. I'd be very surprised if their initial demand wasnt two first rounders with nothing going back and then late in trade period something like Hawthorns 1st and 2nd in 2024 is the trade made.

Can someone please share the direct quote from an Eagles official that states that the deal needs to be 2 x 1st rounders?
I dont think theres been anything from the Hawks either stating that their limit is 1 first rounder to be fair.

Clubs dont go telling the public directly what they expect, they do it through the media, which is where the 2x 1st rounders comes from

Yeah mailbag, general gist was "strap yourselves in"

Savior Strap GIF by Green Day

Hulu Strap In GIF by Davey And Jonesie's Locker

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back