Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles have 2 years to hit the draft hard before it becomes compromised due to Tasmania entering the comp

They want this deal done as much as Hawthorn does.

Forget 2x first rounders. It will be pick 13 plus a late 2nd / early 3rd or player etc. A 3rd club may get involved to get the deal done.

We will give you 3x first rounders next year when we come hunting for Harley

If you are going to dream.

Dream big.

This would make sense if the topic wasn’t a 29 year old defender with back issues.

I rate Tom as a defender but two firsts for him is a bit greedy. I mean, if you don’t want to get shafted and receive two firsts why would we want to get shafted and give two firsts up?
nobody in here is saying the trade is 2 firsts though. 13+ a pick that falls in the mid to late teen with a very early 2nd going back is not the same as 2 firsts.

Its a bit dishonest to call it just 2 firsts

You don't understand why a club at the bottom of the ladder would want top dollar at the trade table for a top shelf 29 year old fullback with 3 years remaining on their contract?

After a club has chased said player whilst under contract and offered them 4 to 5 years on $800k plus.

Just Because we want something, doesn’t mean it is the true value of an asset.

I’d like the eagles to give us two first round picks for DGB, does that mean you should?

Hawks are still developing as well and we haven’t been gifted draft picks or even our original first round selected we should have had before a compromised draft.

nobody in here is saying the trade is 2 firsts though. 13+ a pick that falls in the mid to late teen with a very early 2nd going back is not the same as 2 firsts.

Its a bit dishonest to call it just 2 firsts
"Nobody is saying the trade is 2 firsts".. but give us pick 13 + another pick that falls in the mid teens.. that's 2 first rounders if i'm not mistaken?

"Nobody is saying the trade is 2 firsts".. but give us pick 13 + another pick that falls in the mid teens.. that's 2 first rounders if i'm not mistaken?
Its not just 2 first rounders though is it? The trade is for substantially less value than 2 first rounders.
A late first for an early 2nd isnt that big of a leap

It will be our first then a swap of picks, everyone knows this including the WCE supporters in here who think Barass is some kind of C.Langford.
If you think Barrass isn't in the top 6 key defenders in the game you haven't seen him play and this is coming from a freo supporter. What makes him exceptional for his position is his ability to both intercept and lock down his man. Your club is the one that thinks his worth a 4 to 5 year deal so its not just WC supporters who think he's a very good player. It will be the Hawks 1st rounder and at least your second rounder with a later pick coming back probably their 4th rounder would be my guess. Barrass is an outstanding player who very rarely has bags kicked on him despite playing on a team who's midfield has been obliterated in recent times.

Its not just 2 first rounders though is it? The trade is for substantially less value than 2 first rounders.
So how about by your logic we just bundle up a bunch of 2nd rounders that equate to similar value to 2 first rounders... that should be fair?

So apparently Trelor was traded to Collingwood for two 1st and that was the trade that got him to Collingwood from GWS apparently according to the Hawks supporter you responded to. Even though two 1st wasn't the actual trade.

So how about by your logic we just bundle up a bunch of 2nd rounders that equate to similar value to 2 first rounders... that should be fair?
How are you going to get those 2nd rounders without splitting a first rounder?
Why would you bother going through the trouble of splitting when you could just give us the 1st rounder?

So you're willing to cut off your nose to spite your face, not get any picks, keep a 29 year old and take development time away from Edwards just to not accept pick 13 and change? Just so you can say we didn't get bent over? When in reality you didn't..

If I was a rebuilding club I know what I would do...but I guess we have to agree to disagree..

Sounds like that V8 clown at GCS meddling with the O'Meara trade patting himself on the back after he wasted a week negotiating a worse deal than what the Hawks initially offered.

If Barrass stays and this Edwards kid misses out on more development can we just grab him instead when he is out of contract ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very true.

Hawks fans what do you value Sicily at in a trade out of curiosity?
Different players. Sicily is arguably in the top 1-3 intercepting defenders in the league when you combine his ability to read and intercept, contested mark, leadership, decision making, flexibility in roles and precision kicking.

Barrass is coming to free Sicily, not be Sicily.

Different players. Sicily is arguably in the top 1-3 intercepting defenders in the league when you combine his ability to read and intercept, contested mark, leadership, decision making, flexibility in roles and precision kicking.

WCE will look at the value to Hawthorn of Sicily as a forward, and assign that value as the price to get Barrass. So what is it?

Sounds like that V8 clown at GCS meddling with the O'Meara trade patting himself on the back after he wasted a week negotiating a worse deal than what the Hawks initially offered.

If Barrass stays and this Edwards kid misses out on more development can we just grab him instead when he is out of contract ?
He just signed a new contract but you're welcome to make a trade proposal

I know theyre different players. They are both leaders and are of similar quality, with Barrass playing the more expensive/in-demand role and being nearly a year younger.

What would you expect Sicily to fetch in a trade?

You realise West Coast currently have two of the best intercept defenders in the comp at the moment, right?

Just Because we want something, doesn’t mean it is the true value of an asset.

I’d like the eagles to give us two first round picks for DGB, does that mean you should?

Hawks are still developing as well and we haven’t been gifted draft picks or even our original first round selected we should have had before a compromised draft.

Is DGB rated as one of the best full backs in the comp and under contract on $750 to $800k for another 3 years?

Demand and supply drive value. Basic economic principle.

And Barrass would be in the top 5 intercept defenders.

As for Sicily and leadership..........

Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

Time will judge.

What offer do you think has more value?
Pick 13 & Pick 30 or Pick 13, F1 (hawks) for F2 (eagles)
The second one a bit more valuable.
If you guys had a pick in the early to mid 20s instead of 30 then id have them roughly equal.
I expect you guys to finish at least a similar ladder position again next year, harder draw but better list shouldnt see you go backwards imo.

Is DGB rated as one of the best full backs in the comp and under contract on $750 to $800k for another 3 years?

Demand and supply drive value. Basic economic principle.

I have zero say in the outcome, personally I am walking away from two first for Barrass.

It’s not in our mid - long term best interest for our rebuild.

I’d offer eagles Our first 2024 and our future second an / or potentially a player not best 25.

If the eagles pass offer frosty a two year extension, develop McCabe and go to the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back