Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah and said how much he loves the club, so people's fan theories about how the relationship is 'severed' have turned out to be full of shit, as completely expected.
He's issue is with upper hierarchy moreso than his teammates. Of course he is going to joke around with his mates what do they have to do with him requesting a trade?. Obviously all of them know what he wants to do and have accepted it but it doesn't change their feelings towards him right at this present time nor his feelings for them. Leaving on good terms is how it should be. Battle did the same with the Saints boys

He's issue is with upper hierarchy moreso than his teammates. Of course he is going to joke around with his mates what do they have to do with him requesting a trade?. Obviously all of them know what he wants to do and have accepted it but it doesn't change their feelings towards him right at this present time nor his feelings for them. Leaving on good terms is how it should be. Battle did the same with the Saints boys
The upper hierarchy that he supposedly had an issue with aren't there anymore.

He was also the one who went against his manager's advice.

In fairness, I would imagine Barrass would be more upset with the current upper hierarchy than the previous upper hierarchy.

So your not in a position to pay him what he is worth?

What's he worth?

The contract he agreed to sign plus a small uplift?

Or the amount above that offered by a rival club trying to lure a contracted player East?

Are you suggesting clubs should just bend over and touch their toes when every contracted player asks for a pay rise because another club offers them a bit more to relocate cross country?

That is not how salary caps are managed.

You are either in denial or just dont get it or just refuse to accept it for argument's sake

Its this hierarchy that he has an issue with as they will not honor what he was promised from the previous
but lets make this easier if the previous hierarchy was still in charge Barrass would have got what he was promised and he would be an eagle for life.

You are either in denial or just dont get it or just refuse to accept it for argument's sake

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

What's he worth?

Or the amount above that offered by a rival club trying to lure a contracted player East?

Are you suggesting clubs should just bend over and touch their toes when every contracted player asks for a pay rise because another club offers them a bit more to relocate cross country?

Contracts get renegotiated literally all the time. If WCE genuinely wanted him to stay they would consider boosting his pay. If they are happy for him to go and to hit the draft and get quality youth then they obviously wouldnt.

Its this hierarchy that he has an issue with as they will not honor what he was promised from the previous
but lets make this easier if the previous hierarchy was still in charge Barrass would have got what he was promised and he would be an eagle for life.

I think a lot of misinformation is coming through about this handshake agreement (as dumb as that actually is to do from a player manager point of view). The club did offer Barrass improved money, the amount was never stipulated in any previous agreement, it simply wasn't as much as the Barrass camp wanted. Perhaps they wanted an extra 200k a year and Eagles offered 100k.

The argument being pushed that the Eagles have somehow reneged on a deal is frankly stupid and only being pushed by idiots to somehow try and win some internet points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a lot of misinformation is coming through about this handshake agreement (as dumb as that actually is to do from a player manager point of view). The club did offer Barrass improved money, the amount was never stipulated in any previous agreement, it simply wasn't as much as the Barrass camp wanted. Perhaps they wanted an extra 200k a year and Eagles offered 100k.

The argument being pushed that the Eagles have somehow reneged on a deal is frankly stupid and only being pushed by idiots to somehow try and win some internet points.
Sorry but how would you know this ?

Barrass went against his managers advice because the offer was what he wanted but was told it would be adjusted later
he trusted the club he was vice captain and 10 year player which i think alot of players would have done.

only thing is the bosses changed and the new boss needs draft picks
It is what it is. Barras didnt want to leave but im sure in time the truth will come out
for us supporters we want to defend our club no matter what they do

just call it as it is its not going to affect his trade value on this forum
the eagles stuck it to him.

Barrass went against his managers advice because the offer was what he wanted but was told it would be adjusted later
he trusted the club he was vice captain and 10 year player which i think alot of players would have done.

It is what it is. Barras didnt want to leave but im sure in time the truth will come out

Try that in another other field and see what the response is :)

"Hey new boss, my old boss said they'd double my income, plz honour it"

"Here's a $5k payrise"

"**** youuuuuuuuuU!!!!!!"

What's he worth?

No, not all contracted players, just the important ones that you want to keep and keep happy. Would be really easy to pay what was promised to him IF the Eagles valued him as much as the supporters on here do!

"Here's a $5k payrise"

Its exactly the same in any feild! if you are as valued employee to a new boss as an old one they will want to keep you and give you what is needed (within reason)to stay. if you are not as valued by the new boss as the last one he will give you all his blessing and let you go with no fuss!

No, not all contracted players, just the important ones that you want to keep and keep happy. Would be really easy to pay what was promised to him IF the Eagles valued him as much as the supporters on here do!

What was promised?

An increase.

He was offered an increase.

Hawks offered more.

So again. Should clubs just bend over and increase a players contract with three years to run just because an interstate club offered more to move?

The answer is no fing way. If clubs did that they would end up over paying and blowing the cap in the future. Then end up pushing players out because you can't manage your cap. Or unable to bring players in because of bad cap management.

That's the reality in this part of AFL.

I have a bit more insight into it then you do bud.

"Here's a $5k payrise"

Barrass also tried to leave end of last season, yet it's the Eagles forcing him out.

Its exactly the same in any feild! if you are as valued employee to a new boss as an old one they will want to keep you and give you what is needed (within reason)to stay. if you are not as valued by the new boss as the last one he will give you all his blessing and let you go with no fuss!
Not really.

One thing people fail to understand is that everyone is replaceable. There might be some short term pain but ultimately, you won't be missed all that much by your organisation.

Also, most companies don't employ people on set like contracts in the AFL. If they do, they get pretty shitty when employees try to break them.

Contract work is a 2-way street, something handwringers like you in this thread are choosing to ignore

This isn't some moralistic crusade. This is a cash grab. No issue with that. Find someone who'll pay more, you take it. But the endless scrabble for the higher ground in here by some posters is laughable.

Not really.

One thing people fail to understand is that everyone is replaceable. There might be some short term pain but ultimately, you won't be missed all that much by your organisation.

Also, most companies don't employ people on set like contracts in the AFL. If they do, they get pretty shitty when employees try to break them.

Contract work is a 2-way street, something handwringers like you in this thread are choosing to ignore
Not sure if your agreeing with me or trying to argue with me!

Sorry how do YOU know all this?

You don't. You are speculating at what occurred.

The Eagles refused to be blackmailed into paying overs for a contracted player. He signed a contract and was offered an uplift. The Hawks offered more to entice him to relocate.

That isn't sticking to anyone. It's standing firm and not be manipulated by rivals offering more to contracted players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back