Tom Mitchell 50 possessions

Remove this Banner Ad

You are either taking the piss or have no idea about the game. Buckley was one of the best kicks in football

Pretty much. Say what you will about Bucks, but he nailed 50-60 metre passes to his team mates advantage too many times for it to be luck.

He's a miserable campaigner of a coach, but he could kick the stitching off the sherrin.

2hrzyok.jpg
I definitely dont recall swannys 67 posession game.

His most is 49 against Hawthorn in 2012. Never cracked the 50, but again he was close with a 48 against Port Adelaide in 2009.

Tom Mitchell is no good because pies players and pies fans say so?

In that case bucks will be sacked because every third pies fan was calling for it before rediscovering their 'support' appslling support

He's still going to achieve six consecutive years of getting worse each year

In the press conference Buckley just said 50 Mitchell possies aren't much chop....

I found that comment interesting considering Tom had 14 in the 1st quarter and the Hawks were up by 5 goals at quarter time. Tom played well but had little support unfortunately. Reckon Pendles was the most influential player on the ground.

Is as non-threatening a midfielder as you'll get. Has such a minimal impact in games.

That will change with support around him. If Burton can move to the middle and Jaeger comes good next year the Hawks will make more of Toms ability to win the contested ball.

Tom Mitchell is 100% brilliant. What a lot don't realise is that he isn't a creator of play by trade, he is an extractor. His ability to win the hard ball is second to none, we cannot compare him to sam because they are different players. I think that Tom last night tried to play both roles, extracting and creating and that can't happen as it takes way too much out of the player fatigue wise. Without Tom Mitchell I stagger to think how much worse we would be. He has no support in the middle due to Shiels and Langford being no better than C grade footballers and that's being honest while when it comes to our outside players, Smith is not good enough to break a tag while Hartung is unfortunately surplus to requirements. Tommy can only do so much.

That will change with support around him. If Burton can move to the middle and Jaeger comes good next year the Hawks will make more of Toms ability to win the contested ball.

Lots of 'ifs' mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Mitchell is not as good as Pendlebury

Gee I never would have worked that one out

One less injury we would have won last night

But what does that mean in a bottom of the table blockbuster

Is this the same Treloar that leads the team in clearances and inside 50s, is a close 2nd in metres gained, and a close 3rd in contested possessions?

yes, the one who would be better off handballing to someone who can hit a target.

Then there's the obsession with the rest of the footy world to talk down Hawks players

Won a three peat with plodders who were only made to look good with champions around them apparently

That would be good. Seems to own Longmire. Love playing the swans. Cats as well. Giants as well.
Thanks for your supporters providing us with some reality tv classics last night.
From the booing of your team & coaches at the start of the game, to an aura of invincibilty by the club at the end, which is exactly that very arrogance that comes back to smack your club in the face every second week.
Sign him up Eddie! His response to a commentators tweet only hours before the game shows his true dedication to his craft & then his arrogant jealousy that Tom Mitchell was able to gather the ball at will & his comments post match that they didn't hurt you, are the very reason why we all hope he gets another two years. His lack of regard & respect for his opponents will be his dowfall..........but let's just postpone that for another few years.
Seven years of coaching for Bucks now with each & every year finishing worse than the previous year.

No I love Buckley. That same arrogance that had him dodge 3 premierships is still at play!

I found that comment interesting considering Tom had 14 in the 1st quarter and the Hawks were up by 5 goals at quarter time. Tom played well but had little support unfortunately. Reckon Pendles was the most influential player on the ground.

Then he had 36 in the next three quarters (ave. 12/q) and the Hawks lost by three goals. I think Bucks might be on to something.

He more said that they way he accumulates it is very hard to stop. So were better worrying about the blokes he gets it to who do major damage with there disposal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Mitchell 50 possessions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back