Tom Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

I sure do hope we get this kid, I was wondering if he will be Sydney's first ever father/son selection? i.e. the first kid whose dad played for Sydney rather than South?

Knowing Sheeds the used car salesman I keep thinking he'll find some way to lure Mitchell to GWS. Weren't Carey and Longmire supposed to play for us too? I just hope the Swans are on to this and don't let him slip through our fingers!

(Yes, I'm still a born pessimist when it comes to the Swans!!)

Knowing Sheeds the used car salesman I keep thinking he'll find some way to lure Mitchell to GWS. Weren't Carey and Longmire supposed to play for us too? I just hope the Swans are on to this and don't let him slip through our fingers!

(Yes, I'm still a born pessimist when it comes to the Swans!!)

Speaking of which, those little f***ers at GWS are trying their best to get their grubby paws on our boy!

Get a load of this people:
Battle for Barry Mitchell's Boy

Their tying to lure barry over for a coaching job. Pretty shitty attempt if you ask me. I'm sure the swannies have spent a little bit of time getting Tom as happy with us as they can. They brought him over last year I think for a tour of the facilities and a little training session or something.

Annoyed their making a move on him, but HE IS a 'top-three' draft prospect. :D;)

Win for us if (when) we get him! Really excited about our group of youngsters and the prospects that are becoming available. :thumbsu:

Speaking of which, those little f***ers at GWS are trying their best to get their grubby paws on our boy!

Get a load of this people:
Battle for Barry Mitchell's Boy

Their tying to lure barry over for a coaching job. Pretty shitty attempt if you ask me. I'm sure the swannies have spent a little bit of time getting Tom as happy with us as they can. They brought him over last year I think for a tour of the facilities and a little training session or something.

Annoyed their making a move on him, but HE IS a 'top-three' draft prospect. :D;)

Win for us if (when) we get him! Really excited about our group of youngsters and the prospects that are becoming available. :thumbsu:

Western Sydney don't even have any colours yet for their guernsey and i already hate them.

If Kevin Sheedy is reading this (he won't be as he probably can't use a computer) KEEP YOUR GRUBBY MITS OFF TOM MITCHELL.

I suspect we should be more worried about the Kelly boys!

I have absolutely no idea whether they are any good or have any interest in AFL careers, but if they do, they fall right inside GWS' exclusive zone for their Academy. It would be just plain wrong to have the sons of such a Swans legend playing across town.:mad:

I have absolutely no idea whether they are any good or have any interest in AFL careers, but if they do, they fall right inside GWS' exclusive zone for their Academy. It would be just plain wrong to have the sons of such a Swans legend playing across town.:mad:

Damn, I haven't even thought about that.... How's the plumbing at the SCG? Do you reckon we could offer Paul a regular part-time job there to supplement his work with GWS? And a nice, cushy house well (within our zone, of course)?

Seriously though, I hope Paul has a quiet word to his kids and encourage them to opt for the F/S rule rather than the Academy. I'm sure Paul could pull some strings to get them regular sit-ins and runs training with the Swans. His job at GWS appears to be more out of convenience than anything, so hopefully his heart still lies with the Swans, and his kids too!

In the past the F/S rule has always overrode zoning as their was zoning set up and Ron Barassi wanted to play for Melbourne when he didn't live in Melbourne's zone. The F/S rule took preference to the zone so hopefully this is still the case.

In the past the F/S rule has always overrode zoning as their was zoning set up and Ron Barassi wanted to play for Melbourne when he didn't live in Melbourne's zone. The F/S rule took preference to the zone so hopefully this is still the case.

But back then, zones were the norm. Today's zoning serves a very different function, they are the exception, not the rule, and the NSW Scholarship system overrode the F/S, so I don't see why the Academies wouldn't as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i would guess that if a kid signs up to a academy then that would override the F/S jut like with the NSW scholarship. Essentially giving the player the choice of immediately signing up to an academy or being a potential f/s. Maybe they should let potential father sons enter the academy seeing as the academy players go under the same bidding system it would make sense to me.

i would guess that if a kid signs up to a academy then that would override the F/S jut like with the NSW scholarship. Essentially giving the player the choice of immediately signing up to an academy or being a potential f/s. Maybe they should let potential father sons enter the academy seeing as the academy players go under the same bidding system it would make sense to me.

That would be a good compromise I reckon. It is still in line with the goals of the Academies, but allows the crossing of what are fairly arbitrary zoning boundaries. It would allow the Kelly kids to take part in an Academy without sacrificing their F/S rights.

Is there any chance we can do a Fine Cotton type affair and switch Ken Barlow for Master Mitchell. Just put a daft blonde wig on the lad and let him go.:thumbsu:

Tom Mitchell stayed at Roosy's house a few times while up in Sydney for a training camp of some sort. I'm sure we'll pick him up but anything is possible.

From reports, it seems this kid is going to be a star!

Yep good news if true. BTW has he played any of the U18 games this year? I haven't seen his name mentioned and I remember reading an article that he had been injured earlier in the year.

As soon as he starts getting league games for Claremont I will keep an eye on him and give updates here. He might start to get a few next season if he's as good as is being said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back