Rumour Tony Armstrong to Collingwood - likely in PSD

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE SYDNEY Swans have cleared the path for Tony Armstrong to join Collingwood as a delisted free agent, cutting the midfielder ahead of Thursday's list lodgement deadline.

The Magpies are committed to signing Armstrong once the window for delisted free agency opens on Friday.

The 24-year-old was expected to join Collingwood as part of the trade that sent Jesse White to the Westpac Centre, but he was eventually withheld from that deal.

That last big was a bit Weird. He was going to be part of the White Trade but Sayed he wanted to stay a Swan but Got De-Listed so we get him for Nothing and on Minimum Wage

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-31/swan-armstrong-set-to-join-magpies

Free swing. I'm not opposed to using one spot on a recycled player Hine rates. If he can run and carry then thats a bonus because we have lost a bit there with our departures Shaw and Thomas ....plus Russell who was SUPPOSED to be that type as well. Its probably bad news for Yagmoor that the club deems it neccessary to bolster the defence with a similar player to himself though.

I dont know much about Armstrong though so am prepared to back Hine in. If we can pick up a gem a la Leigh Brown then thats a massive bonus. If not hes costing us nothing in what allegedly is a shallow draft and gives us an easy delisting for next years strong draft.
Yes, & we can sign him on a 1 year deal. If he doesn't work out, we clear the decks for a stronger draft next year. If we instead draft an 18 year old this year, we have to commit a 2 year contract.
Keeping our powder dry for next year? Strategic planning by the list managers?

Can we say third time lucky?

Well we will see if he will make it or not.

As I said it's only cost us a Spot on List and he be on Minimum Wage. Not a Huge Risk

Think we're in for a treat.
895678-7450dcc0-4127-11e3-9370-fad865867213.jpg

Must say I am struggling to see what Hine/Rendall see here. Still they are A1 judges so I have hopes for Evans for now.

Well he could become a Corrie and be a Dud but Sounds like he has the Right Attitude so we might get the best of him and Come a Descent Player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has speed and can use the ball, marking is fairly decent too.

No doubt there is something to work with, and if we can give him some confidence and maybe a slightly different role I see a future for him a role-playing type attacking defender.

Decent chance he will spend the whole year playing in the VFL but we don't really lose anything in that situation as he provides depth and will improve our VFL back line a lot

At least we'll have someone that represented Australia in the International Rules.
Heard he had a ripper of a game too.

I dont mind the idea of putting him on a one year deal to see if hes up to it. Same as with Jordan Russell.....No damage was done this year and we found out he wasnt up to it so we sent him packing. It could be worse...we could still have simon buckley on the list!!

I say that would happen. Give him a 1-Year Deal on Minimum Wage to see how he goes

At least we'll have someone that represented Australia in the International Rules.
Heard he had a ripper of a game too.

Was a bit worried we would have no Australian nationals in the side.

Do you know if he'll miss any games during the season on international duty?

I dont mind the idea of putting him on a one year deal to see if hes up to it. Same as with Jordan Russell.....No damage was done this year and we found out he wasnt up to it so we sent him packing. It could be worse...we could still have simon buckley on the list!!

I saw multiple occasions of damage in multiple games.
Recruiting for our VFL team seems very strange.
Would have much rathered getting a 2nd rounder in the draft and taken the risk on Garlett.

Has speed and can use the ball, marking is fairly decent too.

No doubt there is something to work with, and if we can give him some confidence and maybe a slightly different role I see a future for him a role-playing type attacking defender.

Decent chance he will spend the whole year playing in the VFL but we don't really lose anything in that situation as he provides depth and will improve our VFL back line a lot

I see him as a HBF or on the Wing. Said to have a Good Kick on him and Good Speed.

But at 80kg is a bit on the Light Side and mean he would not have much of a Inside Game and not a Great Tackler Average 1 a game

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp-sydney-swans--tony-armstrong

Is everyone just comparing him to Corrie because he is indigenous? Seriously it's pathetic.. :thumbsdown:

If there is a comparison it's Jordan Russell and Simon Buckley seeing as he's been recruited for the same position and for the same reason (disposal) :rolleyes:

Is everyone just comparing him to Corrie because he is indigenous? Seriously it's pathetic.. :thumbsdown:

If there is a comparison it's Jordan Russell and Simon Buckley seeing as he's been recruited for the same position and for the same reason (disposal) :rolleyes:

The fact that he's a spud that we're adding to our list is probably more the point.
You're the one making it about his skin colour..... Pathetic!! :thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back