Rumour Tony Armstrong to Collingwood - likely in PSD

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely Hine will have some basketball playing 8ft 2 inch Masai warrior that he's been feeding raw meat and goat's blood whilst having him stashed on Manus Island to pull out of the hat at pick 90?

Surely Hine will have some basketball playing 8ft 2 inch Masai warrior that he's been feeding raw meat and goat's blood whilst having him stashed on Manus Island to pull out of the hat at pick 90?

I feel like that guy would come us a Category B rookie as a 3 Year Unregistered player.

Armstrong is A-Grade... at being a spud.

Actually, no, that's way too harsh on spuds. Seriously do no want. He's honestly no good. I'd rather have a crack at an untried kid or state league player. If Sydney or Adelaide can't get the best out of you then it's not going to happen.

And can run a 16 beep and covers 20m in under 2.9s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but can he win his own ball and what's his marking like? I think this guy deserves a name................. I think I'll call him Sebastien.
Strong set of hands, although will never win mark of the year because there are no players tall enough for him to get hang time on. He clears Sandi's head with a three step run up.

James Magner delisted....a better option compared to Armstrong?

I agree Magner is probably a better player but not sure we need anymore in and under grunt mids.

Armstrong at least provides something we lack at the moment. Outside run and pace and skill out of the back half.

James Magner delisted....a better option compared to Armstrong?
could be recruited for Leon Davis role apparently everyone seems he plays like Leon played in finals how about giving him a go before flogging him it's the Collingwood way yes we actually give players a go at this club

I'm amazed so many posters have such a definitive position on Armstrong. From the few games I've seen I think he is a pretty solid player trying to crack it into a classy back 6.

Has Armstrong even been delisted yet?

I liked Armstrong when he was at Adelaide, not sure what went wrong at Sydney for him but he didn't have a lot of oppurtunities given the Swans assets across half back.

If we do pick him I am guessing Rendell knows a lot more about him & his potential than we do so prepared to see what comes of it. Might be a squeeze to fit him on the list.

A couple of other delisted players as have been mentioned are Wilkinson, Ledger & Magner. All very useful in their own right, but once again its going to be tough to find list space. However the question has to be are these guys better than late round picks, I would say generally yes.

I'm happy to give Armstrong a go, especially if we can pick him up under delisted free agentcy on a one year contract. Looking longer term with the general opinion that next year's draft is a strong one and we might be looking at taking say 4 players there, as well as possible rookie upgrades, we will need to find room on the list. Expect to see Lynch and Huddo retire, perhaps Maxy (but unlikely), we'll need to free up list space somehow. We already have huge depth and don't need more depth players, but taking a player like Armstrong as a punt as a particular role player that we can release next year if it doesn't work out makes sense in that light.

On the subject of next year, might see a bit of trading along the lines of "fringe player + pick" for "better pick" type activity (eg. Marty Clarke + pick 30 for pick 22,say) in an attempt to improve our position in a strong draft at the expense of an over abundance of depth players whilst clearing room on the list.

Has Armstrong even been delisted yet?

I liked Armstrong when he was at Adelaide, not sure what went wrong at Sydney for him but he didn't have a lot of oppurtunities given the Swans assets across half back.

If we do pick him I am guessing Rendell knows a lot more about him & his potential than we do so prepared to see what comes of it. Might be a squeeze to fit him on the list.

A couple of other delisted players as have been mentioned are Wilkinson, Ledger & Magner. All very useful in their own right, but once again its going to be tough to find list space. However the question has to be are these guys better than late round picks, I would say generally yes.
Not yet. 1st list lodgement deadline tomorrow, so we should know soon.
Maybe Sydney will keep him.

There's a WA kid named Sokol that Knightmare rates as the 24th best (minidraft included) player in the draft.. he has him falling to the rookie draft in his Phantom

Ben Sokol (WA – Fwd/Mid)
Height: 183cm, Weight: 87kg, DOB: 28/10/1995
Recruited from: South Fremantle
Style: Dane Swan (early career)
Range: 30-rookie
Profile: Sokol is a strong marking forward who can really put his stamp on games. Sokol’s point of difference is his ability 1v1 up forward for a midfielder. He has Dane Swan type strength 1v1 where no guy can go with him as his strength is just so strong but then also has those strong hands to really take those grabs. Sokol’s endurance is also excellent for someone with such a strong body making him a hard player to go with and just seems to be one of those players who just knows how to find the footy easier than the next guy. He seems to improve with every game and is a player as a midfield rotation type who can play up forward could be better than most think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back