top 10 easier to pick now..

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a go at what I think the first roun may look like.

1. Carlton - Gibbs
2. Essendon - Leuenberger
3. Kangas –Gumbleton
4. Brisbane – Hansen
5. Port - Thorp
6. Hawthorn - Sellar
7. Geelong - Jetta
8. Richmond - Proud
9. Bulldogs - Mourish
10. St Kilda – Collard
11. Melbourne – Selwood
12. Collingwood – Riewoldt
13. Sydney – Hislop
14. Fremantle – Benjamin
15. Adelaide – Petterd
16. West Coast – O’Brien

macca69 said:
Had a go at what I think the first roun may look like.

1. Carlton - Gibbs
2. Essendon - Leuenberger
3. Kangas –Gumbleton
4. Brisbane – Hansen
5. Port - Thorp
6. Hawthorn - Sellar
7. Geelong - Jetta
8. Richmond - Proud
9. Bulldogs - Mourish
10. St Kilda – Collard
11. Melbourne – Selwood
12. Collingwood – Riewoldt
13. Sydney – Hislop
14. Fremantle – Benjamin
15. Adelaide – Petterd
16. West Coast – O’Brien

doubt essendon would take leuenberger considering they took another ruckman in last years draft (ryder) with a top 10 pick. Also Hille is still reasonably young.
Could leuenberger play as a key forward/back though?

sinepari said:
Macca is well aware of that, however is going off very strong rumours.

ohh fair enough....any idea where these rumours are coming from? essendon? leuenberger's club in w.a?

tiger4life said:
doubt essendon would take leuenberger considering they took another ruckman in last years draft (ryder) with a top 10 pick. Also Hille is still reasonably young.
Could leuenberger play as a key forward/back though?

There are a couple of possible scenarios.

*Maybe Sheedy is going to develop Laycock and/or Hille and/or Ryder into a genuine KPP (all better options to hold down a KP than Leuenberger)

*Maybe Carledge will be delisted and Laycock traded

*Maybe he just doesn't rate his current ruck stock

I (like everyone else) have no idea what Sheeds is thinking, but there are a lot of rumours around that Leuenberger is off to Essendon.

Richo83 said:
Jeez this thread has been decimated.

Any chance of players such as Ried going top 10? I'ts just that people are suggesting Mourish, but Ried looks like a safer option.

Reid may well go top 10, but I wouldn't use a top 20 pick on him tbh.

Rumours are really strong that Leuenberger will go 1 or 2. Carlton are also seriously considering him for there first pick as well- hes certainly got lots of key supporters at both Carlton & Essendon. Richmond may pull a surprise at 8. Clinton Benjamin right in contention.

I seriously doubt that Essendon would go Leuenberger considering that we already have quite a few young developing ruckman to complement hille such as Laycock, Ryder, Cartledge (assuming hes not delisted) and another one on the rookie list (whose name i can't think of right now) . At a time when we are really crying out for a CHB and Hansen is sitting right there very likely to get to us.

I also believe that based on some of the stuff Fev has been saying that carlton might prefer to pick up say Gibbs at #1 and draft Gardiner in the psd if possible.

blitzer said:
I also believe that based on some of the stuff Fev has been saying that carlton might prefer to pick up say Gibbs at #1 and draft Gardiner in the psd if possible.

I thought that too initially, but if you think about it. Carlton would be putting a hell of a lot of faith and risk by just drafting Gardiner. The deal could turn sour, he could go on a bender and end his career. Highly possible considering his history. That would leave Carlton very light in the ruck department.
I would hope if I was a blues supporter to be drafting Gardiner AND the best young ruckman in the country. Bryce Gibbs would be great for them, sure, but will it really help them in the long run? No point having a midfield like the Eagles when there is no Cox to feed them.
Looking back at Cartons most recent tilts at success they had Madden and most recent Allan, Carlton thrive with a top class ruckman and with what little they have now, they can't risk it all on a drunk that may or may not turn his career around. With the turmoil the Blues have been in recently, Gardiner isn't exactly going to be the poster child of reform.

hay guyz... who is st.kilda most likely going to get?? will leuenberger still be around at pick 10?? coz we need a ruckman, and is there anychance jack riewoldt will still be available? even though we don't really need him i just think it'd be great to have him playing with nick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would everyone be pretty confident that this would be the top 10. (order not exact)

1. B. Gibbs
2. S. Gumbleton
3. L. Hansen
4. M. Thorp
5. J. Sellar
6. J. Selwood
7. M. Leuenberger
8. A. Proud
9. J. Riewoldt
10. L. Jetta

obviously come draft day anything can happen...but reading other people's thoughts and looking at other phantom drafts and predictions this seems to be primarily the top 10.

is it just me, or does anyone else think Sellar would not even be on Port's radar at pick 5? gotta take the best on offer, take SA boys later in the draft.

PAFCsince1870 said:
is it just me, or does anyone else think Sellar would not even be on Port's radar at pick 5? gotta take the best on offer, take SA boys later in the draft.

spot on. i reckon we will probably get Thorp. Sellar with our 2nd pick maybe if hes still avalaible

sinepari said:
There is no way Sellar will last till your second pick.

you reckon interstate clubs would really be that interested?

I tend to agree with you, but I don't think it's impossible.

Well we now know the top ten picks (before trading) will be...

1. Carlton
2. Essendon
3. North Melbourne
4. Brisbane
5. Port Adelaide
6. Hawthorn
7. Geelong
8. Richmond
9. St Kilda
10. Collingwood

macca69 said:
I for one would be shattered if West Coast passed on him. Couldn't see him not going top 10

had a rubbish championships, and is flapping around doing nothing in the reserves over here in the SANFL. really not sure what the fuss is all about, his rating is built on things he achieved at 15/16yo and speculation.

He was ill during the champs.

He was impressive prior to the carnival.

Gumbleton hasn't been overly impressive for Peel, but surely that doesn't mean he won't be an early selection.

Gumbleton isn't playing reserves.

I could forgive him if he was failing to have an impact in the firsts, but he hasn't really even pushed for promotion for quite some time.

Remove this Banner Ad

top 10 easier to pick now..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back