# Ashley Sampi
# Danny Roach
# Murray Vance
# Luke Brennan
# Luke Molan
# Damian Cupido
# Tim Walsh
# Mark Bolton

Gee he coulda been something special. I still look back to that 2003 ANZAC game, his one day of glory

he will prove you wrong this year.

haha....if he was half decent he'd kick 60 a year in that woeful forward line, with such persistant ball inside 50....

he is not only the most over rated small forward in the comp, but the most overrated forward....its all hype been created from the relentless support of WA's media for the Eagles....never justified

haha....if he was half decent he'd kick 60 a year in that woeful forward line, with such persistant ball inside 50....

he is not only the most over rated small forward in the comp, but the most overrated forward....its all hype been created from the relentless support of WA's media for the Eagles....never justified

ill just keep quiet for the time being. but when in form he is devastating. he is the difference between us this year and us last year.

Not anywhere near as overrated as Andrew "I Love Myself" Lovett

Mark Bolton
Kris Massie
Laurence Angwin
Tim Walsh
Sam Power
Kepler Bradley
Xavier Clarke
Raphael Clarke
David Trotter
Daniel Motlop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ill just keep quiet for the time being. but when in form he is devastating. he is the difference between us this year and us last year.

I agree that Sampi will come good. Much more talented than all the other players mentioned in the OP.

Not sure if it will be this year though - at least not early in the year.

I'd put Tim Walsh in there aswell. But he's not done yet. He's had a knee re-con. He might not make that list in 2 years time. We just don't know yet.

We didn't miss much that year anyway - possibly the weakest draft in history (even Goddard at number one is one of the weakest number one draft picks of the past 10-15yrs). Also picked up Cam Faulkner, Will Minson and Brad Murphy...the only players of any real note later on were Staker, Kade Simpson, Jared Rivers and Byron Schammer...

From 1997 -> 2003
Here are the real shockers

#7 Danny Roach
#9 Caydn Beetham

#6 Murray Vance
#10 Brandon Hill

#6 Dylan Smith
#7 Lawrence Angwin

#9 Luke Molan

#4 Tim Walsh
#8 Luke Brennan

#7 Kane Tenace
#9 David Trotter

Well apart from the irrational dribble lets analyse your comments.

Aaron Davey is generally regarded as a pretty good forward with excellent defensive skills. His stats from his 3 seasons to date show that he averaged 12 disposals, 1.5 goals per game and 2.8 tackles per game.

Sampi in his 3 years before last years meltdown averaged 9.5 disposals, 1.4 goals per game and 2.7 tackles per game.

Aaron Davey is 1 year older than Ashley Sampi.

I would have thought given that Sampi has just turned 23 and has shown between ages 19 and 22 some pretty decent form that the jury remains out on him. Sampi of 2003 and 2004 when he kicked more than 30 goals ine ach season, significantly improves the Eagles in one of their weakest spots i.e. creative small forward.

We will see.

Gee he coulda been something special. I still look back to that 2003 ANZAC game, his one day of glory

Agreed as a no talent back pocket all me life that dreamed of playing in the elite level _ those guys that have all the talent in the world but no discipline to capitalise on it really s-h-i-t me

From 1997 -> 2003
Here are the real shockers

#7 Danny Roach
#9 Caydn Beetham

#6 Murray Vance
#10 Brandon Hill

#6 Dylan Smith
#7 Lawrence Angwin

#9 Luke Molan

#4 Tim Walsh
#8 Luke Brennan

#7 Kane Tenace
#9 David Trotter

I'd be tempted to add Ryley Dunn (#10) to that list... but we are still hopeful that it's all his injury woes that have stopped him from becoming a star, and not because he's just no good...

I'd be tempted to add Ryley Dunn (#10) to that list... but we are still hopeful that it's all his injury woes that have stopped him from becoming a star, and not because he's just no good...
I nearly did but as you said injuries are his only excuse at the moment.

Could say the same thing about Walsh too but from what I've seen of him he doesn't look much good.

Sorry bulldog supporters.

Who have been the worst top 10 picks since '97 - '03

Some (in no particular order) are:

# Luke Livingston
# Aaron Fiora
# Ashley Sampi
# Danny Roach
# Murray Vance
# Luke Brennan
# Luke Molan
# Damian Cupido
# Tim Walsh