Top 15 players 07 - 09 Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

A knee reco for a 20 YR old ruckman means Kruezer doesnt make the top 20 IMHO. Too many question marks. Is he good enough to make it as a power forward, I have my doubts

Kreuzer has shown a hell of a lot since his first game, more so than any ruckman ever has at his age.

Many players come back from ACLs and find their touch again. It isn't like the old days where an ACL means a player will lose a lot of their maneuverability.

Kreuzer is wasted in the forward line. The thing which makes him stand out is his contested ball winning ability and tackling. When the ball hits the deck he turns into an inside midfielder. Removing him from the contest means he can't use these strengths.

Kreuzer should be back by mid year, but i don't expect him to reach full effectiveness again until 2012. He needs time.

But i have no doubt he will end up as the best player of the 2007 draft.

Kreuzer should be back by mid year, but i don't expect him to reach full effectiveness again until 2012. He needs time.

But i have no doubt he will end up as the best player of the 2007 draft.

I agree, will be close between Dangerfield and Kreuzer.
Both are going to be stars.

If I was picking guys I would want in my side this is the order I would want them in:

1. Rioli - he is already a star and is developing along the same lines as GAJ. The standout guy for me.
2. Barlow - looks awkward but is a ball magnet inside and out and takes great options.
3. Trengove - seriously underrated. Quality performer in all aspects of the game. Rate him more highly than Scully.
4. Rich - was RS winner for a reason. He is a weapon who teams can build around. No development potential is crap. When he gets his engine up to requirements he will be one of the best in the competition. Tagged heavily as a second year player.
5. Martin - great inside player with a reasonable outside game and excellent skills. If he weren't such a knob I would have him higher.
6. Sidebottom - not very athletic but class and should only get better.
7. Hannebury - he won the RS for a reason people. The kid can play.
8. Walker - the best KP option out there. Craig has ridden him hard and hopefully it pays off for them. Great hands and leads to the right spots.
9. Beams - is really a midfielder but doing well at HF for the premiers.
10. Rockliff - seriously underrated ball magnet. Runner up in the RS last year and averages more disposals than anyone other than Barlow. Seriously smart player who does everything. Comparisons are starting to come in the media to Swan.
11. Hill - hurt factor but does not get enough of it and never has. I doubt he will ever average more than 20.
12. Hurley - can play both ends. Potential to be a very good player but is a knob.
13. Taylor - mature ager but has done everything asked of him. Not a lot of flash.
14. Scully - will win plenty of it but his disposal is still below par for me.
15. Cotchin - injury prone and production has not matched the hype.

Seriously consider Fyfe in there. The kid will be good this year.

Edit - I just realised that Grimes is in this group as well. He probably should be in there somewhere as well probably up around the top 10. Leadership, composure, can get plenty of it, pretty good user of the ball. The only problem he has is that his body keeps letting him down.

You start by saying if you were picking guys you would want in your side, then go on to mention Rockliff and Rich who are already in your side!!! Fail..
You call MArtin and Hurley Knobs, based on what? the fact that they play with the confidence of Jon Brown? I am sure if either were at Brisbane you would have them at number 1, Rockliff is ok but you have many gun players behind him, seriously, get serious, Rockliff is not in the top 15 players from these drafts,If you reckon Hurley and MArtin are knobs, tell us about Martin Pike... :cool:

You start by saying if you were picking guys you would want in your side, then go on to mention Rockliff and Rich who are already in your side!!! Fail..
You call MArtin and Hurley Knobs, based on what? the fact that they play with the confidence of Jon Brown? I am sure if either were at Brisbane you would have them at number 1, Rockliff is ok but you have many gun players behind him, seriously, get serious, Rockliff is not in the top 15 players from these drafts,If you reckon Hurley and MArtin are knobs, tell us about Martin Pike... :cool:

Geez :rolleyes:

You do realise that I did not personally pick the Lions side? If I was picking for Brisbane I would want those guys in my team.

Onfield attitude is fine its them off field that I have a problem with. They are knobs based on personal knowledge. Have you met these guys? I am thinking not or you would understand what I am talking about. I am a big fan of Sydney's no D***heads rule and these two would fail that rule. The Lions would be in a lot better shape currently if they had implemented this rule a few years ago. Pike certainly was a knob at North but was straightend out pretty well when he went to Brisbane. Ackermanis was always a knob and as with Hurley and Martin I would mark him down if I was puting a team together and chosing between him and someone of like talent. Talent is great but team is everything.

We can agree to disagree on Rockliff but make sure you actually watch the Lions play a game or two this year. You might change your mind. Rockliff has lead the possession count for the Lions in every preseason match so far. He averaged more possessions per game so far in his career than any player in that list other than Barlow. He was not tagged but neither were most of the mids on that list. The kid can play and if he played for a Melb team he would be a star in your eyes.

I am sure the taxi driver agrees with me rather than you.

Admittedly my interaction with both was a few years ago and maybe they will mature into team players. At the time I thought each of them were complete knobs.

Well, having know Michael personally for years , was in my brother's year level at school and also played football with my brother, I can assure you he ISN'T a knob.

Still says hi whenever I see him and is always up for a chat.

Gee this taxi driver story has gotten old. Seriously, he was a teenager who make a blue. I, and all other human beings, make bad blues during teenage years. It's human. Yes, it was terrible for the taxi man, if in fact he had no role to play - we have no idea, but I'm sure he's moved on, it's time for every other tool to move on also. He's faced the music, copped a bad rep from many people out there. He's now trying to move on and forget about it. You live and you learn, Hurley learnt. Not saying you should sypathise him or anything like that, but just give the guy a f****** break.

More importantly, the guy is a freakin' gun and the more he plays good football, the more people will forget about that single incident.

Update:

These scores are based on:
#1 receive 15 votes, # 2 receive 14, # 3 receive 13, through to # 15 receiving 1 vote.

All top 15s have been added up and the total so far goes:

1. S. Hill: 165
2. C. Rioli: 152
3. M. Kreuzer: 125
4. D. Martin 113
5. M. Hurley: 95
6. S. Sidebottom 91
7. T. Scully 90
8. H. Taylor: 77
9. T. Cotchin: 69
10. M. Barlow: 68
11. J.Trengove (dees): 64
12. N. Natanui: 60
13. D. Hannebery: 49
14. D. Rich: 48
15. P. Dangerfield: 40

16. J. Watts 34
17. A. Morabito: 26
18. J. Grimes 23
19. D. Beams: 17
20. N. Fyfe: 13
20. J. Ziebell: 13
C. Ward: 11
P. Davis: 9
L. Jurrah: 9
H. Hartlett: 9
T. Pears: 8
T. Walker: 8
T. Rockliff: 6
L. Shuey: 4
J. Melksham: 3

Geez :rolleyes:

You do realise that I did not personally pick the Lions side? If I was picking for Brisbane I would want those guys in my team.

Onfield attitude is fine its them off field that I have a problem with. They are knobs based on personal knowledge. Have you met these guys? I am thinking not or you would understand what I am talking about. I am a big fan of Sydney's no D***heads rule and these two would fail that rule. The Lions would be in a lot better shape currently if they had implemented this rule a few years ago. Pike certainly was a knob at North but was straightend out pretty well when he went to Brisbane. Ackermanis was always a knob and as with Hurley and Martin I would mark him down if I was puting a team together and chosing between him and someone of like talent. Talent is great but team is everything.

We can agree to disagree on Rockliff but make sure you actually watch the Lions play a game or two this year. You might change your mind. Rockliff has lead the possession count for the Lions in every preseason match so far. He averaged more possessions per game so far in his career than any player in that list other than Barlow. He was not tagged but neither were most of the mids on that list. The kid can play and if he played for a Melb team he would be a star in your eyes.

although i completely disagree, but why is martin a d***head. your reasons?

although i completely disagree, but why is martin a d***head. your reasons?

Yes please elaborate on your personal experiences with Martin and Hurley, I would love to hear what happened to make you assume they are knobs...
Perhaps it was a case of they didn't like the way you came across and you felt it fair to label them, remeber it takes one to know one..
:confused::confused::confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes please elaborate on your personal experiences with Martin and Hurley, I would love to hear what happened to make you assume they are knobs...
Perhaps it was a case of they didn't like the way you came across and you felt it fair to label them, remeber it takes one to know one..
:confused::confused::confused:

maybe hurley assaulting a taxi driver made him believe that? just sayin'

Well we all know you must not watch Essendon.
Try watching him play, then make a statement.

or maybe he just doesn't rate him that highly? would be a simpler explanation

i don't agree with him, hurley is a great prospect and has already played some fantastic games imo

but each to their own

facts

- Grima best kicking eff% in the comp
- 3rd highest SC avg last year for players drafted from 07-09
- North didn't win a single game without him this year (0-5)

Grima did not have the best kicking efficiency in the competition at all. As a matter of fact darren glass had a higher kicking efficiency than him. 86.something to 84.something. I can also tell you that darren glass would be very close to being one of the ten worst kicks in the league. Don't rely on kicking efficiency as a stat.

maybe hurley assaulting a taxi driver made him believe that? just sayin'

No, if you read his post,this nimrod claims to have had personal experiences with Hurley and Martin that made him come to the conclusion, but he is yet to back it up with any facts as yet, I think we all know who the tool is...

No, if you read his post,this nimrod claims to have had personal experiences with Hurley and Martin that made him come to the conclusion, but he is yet to back it up with any facts as yet, I think we all know who the tool is...

fair point, i didn't read his post very thoroughly... it was mainly bitching and a bit tl;dr

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 15 players 07 - 09 Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back