Top 5 set shots in AFL at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

boomer_29

Debutant
May 23, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Who would be the top 5 players at the moment who you would pick to kick from 35-40m out straight in front.

Mine would be

1. Aaron Edwards
2. Jack Riewoldt
3. Mark Lecras
4. Patrick Dangerfield
5. Justin Westoff (Even though he missed that goal against GC he is still a dead-eye)

I know there has probably been a thread like this before, but I want people's opinions based on the first half of this season.

Hard to pick 5 but IMO Jack Riewoldt and LeCras are standouts as far as technique and kicking style go, they are the same every time from every distance and angle and prove you don't have to put the ball into the second level of the grandstand behind the goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dangerfield are you kidding me

J Riewoldt
S Pendlebury
A Walker
J Kennedy
A Edwards

Every time i see these guys kick for goal i dont often see them miss

Thats in no particular order

I would go

1. Aaron Edwards (hardly ever misses)
2. Mark Lecras
3. Andrew Walker (fantastic all year)
4. Jack Riewoldt
5. Brendan Goddard (personal preference is the best kick in the league IMO)

Andrew Swallow is pretty accurate to as someone people might not think of.

5 people I wouldn't want to kick for my life would be

1. Lindsay Thomas
2. Nick Riewoldt
3. Lachie Hansen
4. Buddy Franklin (kicks goals but very inaccurate)
5. Stephen Milne (not a great set shot)

To the Carlton supporters mentioning Andrew Walker's 11-0, you can throw in the match winner against the Saints as well.

For us at the moment, definitely Walker. For the other clubs - LeCras & Aaron Edwards.

Thread needs no mention of Robbie Warnock.

Who would be the top 5 players at the moment who you would pick to kick from 35-40m out straight in front.

Mine would be

1. Aaron Edwards
2. Jack Riewoldt
3. Mark Lecras
4. Patrick Dangerfield
5. Justin Westoff (Even though he missed that goal against GC he is still a dead-eye)

But, he missed that goal against GC. That's the test, I would have thought. He could kick goals with his next fifty set shots and I'd be reluctant to hand him the ball five points down with the game on the line.

G. Ablett.

If it's on the boundary 15 metres out in the left pocket then S. Johnson.

Carlton fans are saying Walker, but how many of those 11 goals were in the goal square?

Not sure exactly but at least 3 or 4 were from tight angles or far out. All year he's been getting most shots from everywhere, including some at very important times.

Purely on stats, Riewoldt 38.10, Walker 30.10, Edwards 22.2, Keplar Bradely 21.9 Jake King 19.3 are the best picks out of people who make it onto the leaderboard for most goals kicked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 5 set shots in AFL at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back