Top 5 set shots in AFL at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't have stats for set shots alone, but FWIW...

Best ratio of G:B, 2011 (min. 20 scores):

Code:
Player               Conv  G  B
-------------------------------
Edwards, Aaron       91.7 22  2
King, Jake           86.4 19  3
Dangerfield, Patrick 85.0 17  3
Riewoldt, Jack       79.2 38 10
Ryder, Patrick       76.2 16  5
Walker, Andrew       75.0 30 10
Giansiracusa, Daniel 75.0 18  6
Roughead, Jarryd     72.3 16  6
Vickery, Tyrone      72.0 18  7
[B]Monfries, Angus      71.4 15  6[/B]

[/code]

Bit suprised at Monfries accuracy this year, thought he had kicked a few more points than usual.

Good to see the reponse for my thread, Remember we are talking about set shots 35-40m out straight in front, and players who are kicking well this season i'm not worried about what people have done in the past e.g. Bradshaw and Williams.

I think Kennedy hasn't been as accurate as he was last year, saw him kick it into the man on the mark twice against Adelaide on the weekend, thats why I didn't have him in my top 5.

To be fair to kennedy, he would be in the top dozen imo.

Those 2 kicks into his man were the first he's done all season iirc. Was quite out of the ordinary.

As for lecras I'm sure a lot of his behinds have come from snaps in play.

Good to see the reponse for my thread, Remember we are talking about set shots 35-40m out straight in front, and players who are kicking well this season i'm not worried about what people have done in the past e.g. Bradshaw and Williams.

I think Kennedy hasn't been as accurate as he was last year, saw him kick it into the man on the mark twice against Adelaide on the weekend, thats why I didn't have him in my top 5.
True he had an average weekend in front of goals, but go back to the previous game to see him slot one from the boundary 55m out.

Beastly kick and usually dead accurate. Has the odd snap though, with some awesome results and the odd miss.

Like LeCras probably why his avg is down a little on previous years.

Kennedy and LeCras definately the two best at the eagles.

JK has the worst run up for goal of anyone. think he was tracking at 29.3 for set shots at one stage last year. wouldn't be top 5, but probably top 20.

LeCras though would definately be top 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jonathan Brown is too, perfect technique. Tends to excel from the 45+ range though IMO.

Brown is a very good kick, especially under pressure. But his technique is rubbish, not sure where you got the idea he has a perfect one? He waltzes in swinging the ball side to side like a grandfather clock. Works though.

I'll alter the question slightly. Who is the best set shot in tough conditions?

Jimmy Bartel

Has Kurt Tippet been mentioned yet? doesn't seem to miss very often

Walker definitely the one I'd want kicking after the siren for the blues

Has Kurt Tippet been mentioned yet? doesn't seem to miss very often

Walker definitely the one I'd want kicking after the siren for the blues
Last year he was shocking, probably worse than Cloke in the key forward stakes. This year though you're right he is much improved. Not league leading but very solid now although he did kick about 3.5 vs the roos 2 weeks back.

I dont think many people out side Richmond no how good Vickery is. No intro needed for Jack Riewoldt and Dustin Martin from +50 Kicked 3/4 set shots from out side 50 and kicked them all so far this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 5 set shots in AFL at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back