Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Romain Bardet (DSM/FRA)

• Eddie Dunbar (JAY/IRE)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly how does Gerrans get a commentary gig? He butchers so many ****ing names.

Evenepoel
Juul-Jensen (This one bugs me the most, he ****ing rode with him)
Jorgensen
Keenan with 3 time rainbow jersey Peter Saygarn back in the day
Lucy Zelic would be losing it watching this

Keenan with 3 time rainbow jersey Peter Saygarn back in the day
Lucy Zelic would be losing it watching this
Keenan was good once upon a time. Now he's just barracking for Aussies and his favourite riders.

Didn't pick Turgis. Credit to him, rode it smartly. Love seeing the PRT's doing well.

I know I'm late to the party but Rogla simply isn't at the same level any more. I was holding out hope because he's one of my favourites and I thought this year's would finally be his time but he's not there. The other three are simply better, but he still looks a class above Rodriguez and Ayuso but they'll close that by next year. I'll probably change my opinion on this every day until the last week but I think Jonas is the favourite from here.

Simin Yates dropping 11 minutes an indication that Jayco will just be looking at stage wins? Maybe the polka dots?

Didn't pick Turgis. Credit to him, rode it smartly. Love seeing the PRT's doing well.

I know I'm late to the party but Rogla simply isn't at the same level any more. I was holding out hope because he's one of my favourites and I thought this year's would finally be his time but he's not there. The other three are simply better, but he still looks a class above Rodriguez and Ayuso but they'll close that by next year. I'll probably change my opinion on this every day until the last week but I think Jonas is the favourite from here.

Simin Yates dropping 11 minutes an indication that Jayco will just be looking at stage wins? Maybe the polka dots?
Jayco definitely hunting stage wins - through Groenewegen in the sprints, and with other riders free to fly in breakaway stages.

Jayco definitely hunting stage wins - through Groenewegen in the sprints, and with other riders free to fly in breakaway stages.
Yeah, I reckon Bling would have won if he was in the front group (without Girmay obviously). I'm curious to see if Yates and Harper try for stage 11 or deliberately drop more time so they're both 20+ minutes behind.

One thing I'm loving about this Tour is all the underdog and feelgood stories. We've had so many stages won by the smaller team, leaving the likes of Alpecin empty handed.

Stage 1 - Bardet wins for DSM, taking the yellow jersey for the first time in his career, in the last TdF of his career.
Stage 2 - Vaquelin wins for Arkea, the team's first ever TdF stage win.
Stage 3 - Girmay wins for Intermarche, becoming the first black African rider to win a stage in the TdF.
Stage 5 - Cavendish wins, taking the record for most TdF stage wins (OK - not an underdog story, but definitely a feelgood story)
Stage 8 - Girmay, again
Stage 9 - Turgis wins for TotalEnergies, a team nobody thought capable of winning a stage in the TdF

If someone told me that DSM, Arkea, TotalEnergies and Intermarche would win 5 stages in the race, I'd be getting the men in white coats to take them away (haha!). The fact that they've done it before the first rest day makes it even more remarkable.

Yes, the Pog is dominating - but there are so many other stories, which are making this race so entertaining.

Remco is exceeding my expectations so far. Roglic normally does nothing until the third week but Vlasov losing so much time already isn't good for him. It's a race of 3 and a big gap to the rest. Pretty good GC stage without any mountains.

Remco is exceeding my expectations so far. Roglic normally does nothing until the third week but Vlasov losing so much time already isn't good for him. It's a race of 3 and a big gap to the rest. Pretty good GC stage without any mountains.
Pog & Jonas have dropped Remco every time they've gone up a decent hill. Fortunately for Remco, they've also had to go down them, and he's caught back up on the descents.

Expect Remco to ship significant time on stages 14 (to Pla d'Adet), 15 (Plateau de Beille), 19 (Isola 2000) and 20 (Col de la Couillole), all of which have finishes on top of Cat 1 or HC climbs.

Like the concept of off bitumen stuff, like a bit of Paris-Roubaix, but when you have to get off your bike and push it thru sand, you know its BS and has to be scrapped.

Its a Road Cycling event, not a Mountain Bike or Cyclo-cross event. Plus all the bloody dust wouldn't have been great for riders lungs.

Wout van Aert was probably happy with it last night, but I doubt anyone else was.

Stage 10 Orléans > Saint-Amand-Montrond

Heading through the Sologne forest, it’ll be difficult to predict the outcome of this stage, as the weather may play a significant role. After leaving Issoudun, the riders will find themselves on roads exposed to the crosswinds that scattered the peloton a decade ago. With three changes of direction in the last 30 kilometres, there’s a real chance of echelons forming.

2410map.jpg

2410profile.jpg

Has crosswind potential, although it won't be like 2013 which was consistently southeast from Tours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The deceased Drege had been signed by Jayco for 2025. A disgraceful effort by S.Yates who did not try in stage nine. It was evident when he was the last to enter the first gravel sector.

A disgraceful effort by S.Yates who did not try in stage nine. It was evident when he was the last to enter the first gravel sector.
Yates was 17th, at 6:01 behind Pog, going into Stage 9. His GC race was already cooked. Now he is far enough behind that he'll be allowed to go in the breakaways, hunting for stage wins and/or KotM points.

Yates is often found at the rear of the peleton. I doubt they expected the entry to the 2nd gravel section to be quite as dramatic as it was, not that it mattered overly to him.

Yates was 17th, at 6:01 behind Pog, going into Stage 9. His GC race was already cooked. Now he is far enough behind that he'll be allowed to go in the breakaways, hunting for stage wins and/or KotM points.

Yates is often found at the rear of the peleton. I doubt they expected the entry to the 2nd gravel section to be quite as dramatic as it was, not that it mattered overly to him.
Plus, if he picks a couple of good breaks he could get back into the top 10 conversation.

Plus, if he picks a couple of good breaks he could get back into the top 10 conversation.
He's currently at 15:57. Jorgenson is currently 10th, at 4:03 (one second behind Gee).

Jayco have clearly given up on him making the top-10, and I don't have a problem with that. Now they're free to go after other objectives - sprint wins with Groenewegen & breakaway stage wins in the mountain stages. They've already got 1x stage win, so the Tour will not be seen as a failure regardless of what happens in the next 2 weeks.

He's currently at 15:57. Jorgenson is currently 10th, at 4:03 (one second behind Gee).

Jayco have clearly given up on him making the top-10, and I don't have a problem with that. Now they're free to go after other objectives - sprint wins with Groenewegen & breakaway stage wins in the mountain stages. They've already got 1x stage win, so the Tour will not be seen as a failure regardless of what happens in the next 2 weeks.
You often see breaks win by 8+ minutes to the GC favourites. Jorgensen is a support rider, he could conceivably drop 5+ minutes in certain mountain stages as well. So it's conceivable that two well placed breaks gets him top 10 again.

You often see breaks win by 8+ minutes to the GC favourites. Jorgensen is a support rider, he could conceivably drop 5+ minutes in certain mountain stages as well. So it's conceivable that two well placed breaks gets him top 10 again.
It's conceivable... it's also highly unlikely. Even if Jorgensen loses time, there are another 16 riders between Yates and the top-10.

Don't be surprised to see him lose more time over the next few stages, so he is far enough behind that he doesn't accidentally regain time in a successful breakaway. I would not be at all surprised to see him start targeting the polka dot jersey once the race hits the Pyrenees.

Jorgensen ain't leaving Vingegaard for the rest of the race. Without his team on the gravel stage it would have been race over. I loved the stage, any doubts that Pog couldn't give Roubaix a serious crack should be over.

The roundabout inside 1k to go tonight will probably mean a crash, other than that its a very easy stage for the big lead out teams like Astana.

I hope Remco has a crack on stage 11. If Visma aren't gonna chase him, from 50k to go he could make it or Pogi could get across to him.

Weather start:
Orleans cloudy, 28, 10km/h headwind
Romorantin-Lanthenay cloudy, 27, 11km/h mostly headwind turning crosswind then tailwind as they head south
Vierzon, partly cloudy 28, 14km/h crosswind
Châteauneuf-sur-Cher, slightly cloudy 29, 16km/h tailwind turning to full crosswind when they turn right and head south

Should be good!

Is this the most boring stage in the races history?

Honestly. Why a sprint stage after a rest day? At least make it hilly.

Back