List Mgmt. Trade: Allen Christensen traded to Brisbane in exchange for National Draft selection no. 21

Remove this Banner Ad

It is just for the fans (Us) to know what is going on because today i have been pissed off from all the rumors surrounding our club and I and most of you guys want answers

Yeah? Well, he's turning his back on the fans, and he knows it. He knows that, while some might be understanding, he's mostly exposing himself to a lot of vitriol coming his way from the fans he's abandoning. He's not going to give them a platform to level abuse at him. No player would do something like that. He'll probably say something publicly, but not until a deal is done and he's at his new club.

Article in the Age this afternoon saying:

"Former Cat Cameron Mooney told radio station SEN that Geelong was "trying everything, I'm pretty sure, to keep him". But Mooney said it was looking "likely" that Christensen would leave the club.
"He is a huge loss," Mooney said.

The former Cats forward said Geelong had known about Christensen's wish to leave the club for a couple of days.

The club was disappointed not only to lose such a good player, but also because with the news coming so late, they had missed out on early trade period moves."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-wants-out-20141008-10rvxc.html#ixzz3FWupsHjD

I don't think it's a matter of kissing and making up... more a way of the club helping him overcome personal issues (extended time away from football? new living arrangements? counselling?).

seems like alot of aboriginals have trouble adjusting to afl, surely geelong would have a financial counselor at the club that could have helped him

I don't think the injury problems have helped. He is sat at home with a sore back, feeling dirty on the world.

I think we can turn this one around, just have to get him in the club and talk him off the ledge. Maybe we can rookie his brother.
His brother is crap though isn't he?

Yeah? Well, he's turning his back on the fans, and he knows it. He knows that, while some might be understanding, he's mostly exposing himself to a lot of vitriol coming his way from the fans he's abandoning. He's not going to give them a platform to level abuse at him. No player would do something like that. He'll probably say something publicly, but not until a deal is done and he's at his new club.

He may as well shut down his twitter account then. I'm sure that a few will be smashing him on that already.

I think fans would have a need to say hang on and he should be accountable for this. If he is contracted, he has dropped the club in this
big time. They would have had no consideration for his position at the club, nor, contingency for losing someone of his calibre; especially
in consideration of the age group he is in.

At his age, he is the most coveted in the team I'd say. He has amazing in close ability, yet can breakaway from the pack and also, can win free
kicks at will it seems. In my opinion he is in our top 5 players, mainly due to his age and ability to take over from the old crew in the next year
or so.

Leaving the club with limited opportunities to work on a trade, in such a limited timeframe is frankly a dog act. I'm sure he has his reasons,
however, to not let the club know until the trade period had already started, without any contingency in place, is ordinary; I expected more from
someone of his ability.

At least with Ablett, we sort of knew deep down he was leaving.

I just want to be clear to opposition supporters that while we do welcome visitors it is your responsibility to read up on board rules before you post, and do not come on with trolling comments or suggestions that are blatantly ridiculous (e.g. 3rd rounders and your fringe players) as you will be carded if you do so.

I don't think the injury problems have helped. He is sat at home with a sore back, feeling dirty on the world.

I think we can turn this one around, just have to get him in the club and talk him off the ledge. Maybe we can rookie his brother.

I think the club will try to talk him around and ultimately that's the best avenue because short of getting an elite player in return which we won't, we will be a far weaker side by trading him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I accept that he did find some form towards the end of last year (nothing outstanding in the finals, but not on his own there). But, if we assume that Varcoe goes along with Christensen, without even considering whether we get a player or two in return, which players are next in line to take those vacant spots in the senior side in 2015? Bews, Thurlow, Lang, Kersten and Hartman? All have toe. Jansen, Kolodjashnij and Hamling are no slouches in that department either.

True, some fast young players in there, thankfully. But not much in way of experience. No one capable of commanding a regular midfield role yet, I wouldn't have thought. If both go I think it leaves a big hole in our run and carry. Anyway, if the club didn't know Christensen was leaving, I don't think its beyond the realms of possibility that they now double take on trading Varcoe. But it is silly season, so who knows.

Well, it seems that Clark would cost a second round pick and Varcoe would fetch a second round pick. Seems like the neatest way to sort it out.

I thought our p33 would get it done, as they have no leverage really.

I think the club will try to talk him around and ultimately that's the best avenue because short of getting an elite player in return which we won't, we will be a far weaker side by trading him.

I couldn't possibly see how he could change his mind after everything that has happened today. Its a bloody big loss for us. Lets hope Balmey and Wells can do there thing and work wonders. Here's hoping!!!

If I tell you that I didn't feel like this when GAJ was going, will you be surprised?
I guess we had almost the whole year to get used to the GAJ news. This news is a bolt from the blue- totally different.

Yeah completely understand where you're coming from, reckon it was pretty evident halfway through the year that "he whose name shall not be mentioned" was on his bike whereas the news on Bundy comes as a totally unexpected kick in the comics.

Things can only get better from here ................. can't they? :(

What where we meant to get for those players you mentioned?
You stated that we let the other teams get them for nothing because we are push overs when it comes to trades did you not?
Players and draft picks. We let King go for pick 91 or something when he was clearly worth more - he was standout ruckman in the 2007 GF - and we could have asked more. We didn't even try to drive a hard bargain. You'd never catch Collingwood or Hawthorn doing that. My point is more broad - that Balme has shown little to suggest that hes competent at list management. People here don't dare question his decisions. Don't forget he came in 2007 and had little to do with compiling the list that brought 3 flags.

Last edited:
Article in the Age this afternoon saying:

"Former Cat Cameron Mooney told radio station SEN that Geelong was "trying everything, I'm pretty sure, to keep him". But Mooney said it was looking "likely" that Christensen would leave the club.
"He is a huge loss," Mooney said.

The former Cats forward said Geelong had known about Christensen's wish to leave the club for a couple of days.

The club was disappointed not only to lose such a good player, but also because with the news coming so late, they had missed out on early trade period moves."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-wants-out-20141008-10rvxc.html#ixzz3FWupsHjD
makes me wanna go GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Players and draft picks. We let King go for pick 91 or something when he was clearly worth more - he was standout ruckman in the 2011 GF - and we could have asked more. We didn't even try to drive a hard bargain. You'd never catch Collingwood or Hawthorn doing that. My point is more broad - that Balme has shown little to suggest that hes competent at list management. People here don't dare question his decisions. Don't forget he came in 2007 and had little to do with compiling the list that brought 3 flags.

King played in 2011?!?

I just know that we'll come out of this the losers, as is always the case. Probably get a couple of late third rounders for Varcoe and Lonergan, and a late second rounder or some dud for Christensen. Scott will then tell us what a great place this puts us in.
It's actually hardly been the case at all in recent years. Maybe you should be a bible salesman, they don't let the truth get in the way of a good story:rolleyes:

He may as well shut down his twitter account then. I'm sure that a few will be smashing him on that already.

I think fans would have a need to say hang on and he should be accountable for this. If he is contracted, he has dropped the club in this
big time. They would have had no consideration for his position at the club, nor, contingency for losing someone of his calibre; especially
in consideration of the age group he is in.

At his age, he is the most coveted in the team I'd say. He has amazing in close ability, yet can breakaway from the pack and also, can win free
kicks at will it seems
. In my opinion he is in our top 5 players, mainly due to his age and ability to take over from the old crew in the next year
or so.

Leaving the club with limited opportunities to work on a trade, in such a limited timeframe is frankly a dog act. I'm sure he has his reasons,
however, to not let the club know until the trade period had already started, without any contingency in place, is ordinary; I expected more from
someone of his ability.

At least with Ablett, we sort of knew deep down he was leaving.

If he goes to Brisbane, we can then whinge about how he wins all those 'high' free kicks for dropping his knees. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade: Allen Christensen traded to Brisbane in exchange for National Draft selection no. 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Back