Mega Thread Trade and Draft Gossip, Innuendo, Scuttle, Butt and Bullshit PART 2 (KEEP IT HERE PLEASE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam didn't rule it out. By saying he or his manager haven't been approached is not ruling it out. He did say he was contracted, which is stating the obvious.

One thing about Sam, I reckon if he were to go, he would ensure we got a very good deal out of it. That's the quality of the man. Personally, I don't see it happening. I think Sam still has 3 very good years of footy left.

The only way he will go is if they offer him massive ammounts of money and the captaincy.We probably can't match either.
Personally I think he would be mad not to accept an opportunity to set himself up financially for life. (What happens if he doesn't accept a GWS offer stays at Hawthorn and does an ACL next year???).
The trade off for us is that in one form or another we will recieve very good compensation and room in the salary cap at a time when free agency is coming.
Helps keep Buddy an Cyril & others happy and regenerates the list.

The only way he will go is if they offer him massive ammounts of money and the captaincy.

I dont think hes that vain for captaincy to be a lure.....

it'll be for the money and his loyalty to his family being greater than his loyalty to the club which would be perfectly understandable.....

We love ya sammy:thumbsu:

it wont be the end of the world whatever happens.

Chris Knights is being rumoured on the drafts and trade board as wanting out of SA. If the rumour is true then he probably already has a club lined up, if the rumour isn't true then there's probably no chance of him leaving the crows.

He could be the kind of player that would add another dimension to our forward line.

Chris Knights is being rumoured on the drafts and trade board as wanting out of SA. If the rumour is true then he probably already has a club lined up, if the rumour isn't true then there's probably no chance of him leaving the crows.

He could be the kind of player that would add another dimension to our forward line.

Where would you have KNIGHTS play LP? HFF is my guess.

Would he be in front of WX or BREUST? Possibly, but not to the extent that I would trade too much to get hold of him.

Apparently Josh Hill has been told his services will no longer be required at the Dogs next year.
Didnt we offer a 2nd and 3rd rounder for this gimp last year:eek:

He had his chance last year, is now contracted...he is injury prone and he only runs one way, I also question his ability to go for the hard ball.....I don't like him at all.

He had his chance last year, is now contracted...he is injury prone and he only runs one way, I also question his ability to go for the hard ball.....I don't like him at all.

Alright so that rules him out.

But it's more the type of player I'm talking about:
tallish, can take a mark, and will kick 4 or 5 goals if the opposition don't pay him enough attention.

In our crew of forwards that aren't Buddy/Roughy/Hale, we have Rioli, Breust, Ozzie and Whitecross.

I think we'd be much more dangerous with a midsize marking target.

tallish, can take a mark, and will kick 4 or 5 goals if the opposition don't pay him enough attention.

In our crew of forwards that aren't Buddy/Roughy/Hale, we have Rioli, Breust, Ozzie and Whitecross.

I would be going for this type of player with our first pick this year.

Imagine how dangerous we would be with a Bret Heady, Tony Hall-type in our side. Must be a genuine marking player - not sure Knights is that type.

Menegola is one who potentially fits the mould. He has excellent hands and is a beautiful kick. He looks crafty too.

I also wanted him last year......I agree, its exactly the type we need, I put him in my supercoach side and watched him very closely........was very disappointed in his out put. He does work hard its just the one way......

I would be going for this type of player with our first pick this year.

Imagine how dangerous we would be with a Bret Heady, Tony Hall-type in our side. Must be a genuine marking player - not sure Knights is that type.

Menegola is one who potentially fits the mould. He has excellent hands and is a beautiful kick. He looks crafty too.

hahaha Brett Heady - that takes me back.

Apparently Josh Hill has been told his services will no longer be required at the Dogs next year.
Didnt we offer a 2nd and 3rd rounder for this gimp last year:eek:

The pelican did confess shortly after trade week ended that we offered up our first pick. Imagine not having Isaac!!!!

The pelican did confess shortly after trade week ended that we offered up our first pick. Imagine not having Isaac!!!!

The Bulldogs asked for our first round pick. We said No.

Our last offer was the 2nd and 3rd round pick. If we offered up pick 19, sadly Hill would have been a Hawk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Bulldogs asked for our first round pick. We said No.

Our last offer was the 2nd and 3rd round pick. If we offered up pick 19, sadly Hill would have been a Hawk.

I wouldn't be totally opposed to using a third round pick or trading a third round pick to get Josh Hill. He was often the scapegoat at the kennel and would benefit from a change of environment.

Others have stated we need a third tall lead up forward in the mould of Willow, I think Josh Hill could be that player. I know we have Menagola but he played mostly in the Development squad all year.

We have proven to be persistant in going after players we want in the past ie. Cheney. In a compromised draft surely we could give up a third round pick, I mean really we have in the past with Rhan Hooper.

Agree, Josh Hill has talent. I'm sure he could show that if he was to come to Hawthorn, If he doesn't cost a great deal then I hope we get him although I wonder if Fremantle might be interested.

Regarding Sam Mitchell - With 3 kids under 2 - he would be very unlikely to go. Money here is not an option. With that many young kids that age and one having a medical history the support net work through there families and friends is all important. He would not have that in Sydney. As such cant see him going.

Josh Hill - He has really burnt his trade value and want with insipid efforts this year. He has the talent and may need to be delisted to be given the kick up the pants that he needs to really knuckle down. He could be another "Hooper" in that the amount of time needed ongoing devoted to keep him operating at peek profeciancy is a cost that is not willing to be borne by the club - high maintenance player. If trading even with a draft with little depth he has probably even gone back to a 4th/5th rounder or just on the Rookie list type of player.

I cannot see Hawks being very active during trade week - our list is looking very healthy and well-balanced. Most concerns at the beginning of the year centred around:
* the ruck - Bailey, Renouf & Lowden - not world beaters but very solid with Hale & Roughy as second ruck
* KPD - nearly every club is crying out for these but with Stratts, Gibbo, Shoey, Gilham & Lisle I think we have the back-line covered
* small forward - step up Breust and even Puopolo

I think trade week will be about who wants to leave the Hawks not who the Hawks want.

I cannot see Hawks being very active during trade week - our list is looking very healthy and well-balanced. Most concerns at the beginning of the year centred around:
* the ruck - Bailey, Renouf & Lowden - not world beaters but very solid with Hale & Roughy as second ruck
* KPD - nearly every club is crying out for these but with Stratts, Gibbo, Shoey, Gilham & Lisle I think we have the back-line covered
* small forward - step up Breust and even Puopolo

I think trade week will be about who wants to leave the Hawks not who the Hawks want.

Good summary there spikers - what we really need is for Shiels, Breust, Savage and Smith to fast track players from young up-and-comers, to solid, here-and-nowers.

I feel that we'd be so well placed if these three were 2 years down the track in their development.

Hi guys,

don't mean to intrude but just saw this on facebook and thought I would pass it on:

GWS are in heavy private talks with a big name from hawthorn, we thinks it's Sam mitchel but its promised to be a very big shock.
This explains why Kevin Sheedy was in attendance of a Hawthorn match a few weeks ago

AFL Off Season Information. Trades, Delistings, Retirements

Once again, just passing on what I saw.

Nothing confirmed in stone by the Doggies but Wall-E from the Drafts and Trading board reckons he has heard it directly from Hill's old man.

Wall-E is a good lad. I can say that there is much going on with players behind the scenes than in normal years. The good ol' franchise clubs are causing this.

Hi guys,

don't mean to intrude but just saw this on facebook and thought I would pass it on:

AFL Off Season Information. Trades, Delistings, Retirements

Once again, just passing on what I saw.

No intrusion. You're most welcome.

The rumour just refuses to go away, doesn't it?

What I will say, it's very easy to create a 'buzz' through social media though. I would never give one credibility unless I knew the source. Because anyone can publish, and depending how crafty one is, anyone can appear informed and vaguely credible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back