Mega Thread Trade and Draft Gossip, Innuendo, Scuttle, Butt and Bullshit PART 2 (KEEP IT HERE PLEASE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Big Moose, Matt Warnock has requested a trade from Melbourne.:thumbsu:
What is he going to cost us brother? :eek:

With Mitchell, Clarkson not knocking it on the head could mean, that its up to Mitchell - what ever way he wants to go we will support him - but I want him as a player.

I think the board and recruiting department have learned from the Campbell Brown situation a couple of years ago. Lets not rock the boat - we have good harmony and comradary around here - we have Mitchell as a required player but if he wants to go we will not stand in his way as long as we get adequate compensation.

Although I really rate Mitchell really highly, you guys would be crazy to not go for for this deal, sure for the next couple of years you wont be as good as you would be with Sam. But for the 10 years after that, you'll be a much better team. One thing missing from the talk of this deal is that you can also get GWS to agree not to take any Hawk players this year or next as part of their allotted 8 players.

As I see it, you let Sam go, get a top quality prospect (ie luke hodge type prospect) plus another 1st rounder and you kill off all uncertainty about uncontracted players and GWS OR you hang on to him, have him de-motivated because you guys wont let him set himself up life financially and then lose him for nothing next year anyway as his contract runs out.

The only fly in the ointment is that alledgedly Jeager is very keen not to leave WA.

I agree to some extent. IF we wanted to trade Mitchell then O'Meara plus a first round pick is a good deal.

However, with our window wide open, why would we trade away a key player?

If Mitchell did want to go to GWS and this trade went ahead, then I would want the Hawks to talk to West Coast and offer to on-trade the O'Meara pick. Allegedly Andrew Gaff and Kobe Stevens would like to return to Victoria. If we could trade for them then all three young players (O,Meara, Stevens, Gaff) get to play in their home states. Plus Stevens and Gaff might have an impact next year when we are chasing a flag.

That could be a win-win-win. Giants get a great leader and player. Eagles get a future superstar. Hawks get two young mids to replace Mitchell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where would Armfield fit in our best 22?
He wouldn't, was reading this suggestion on the trades board and TBH I really don't understand why people are suggesting these crap trade ideas?? And from hawk supporters:thumbsdown:

You don't just go trading away KP prospects with talent for proven duds, please feel free to tell me I'm wrong and explain to me whos spot armfield would take in the hawks lineup??:eek: Birch?? or maybe puopolo lol

Ahh, I guess its that time of the year when we just sift through other lists rubbish and hypothesise how much a half eaten apple would be worth in the market.

I'd give you a fifth round pick for the apple. Fourth if it hadn't started to go brown.

Why on earth are people wanting to get rid of a player like Lisle who has so much upside it isn't funny... He'd be a walk up start for us week in week out if it wasn't for Buddy, Hale and Roughead.

You don't just shop players like him around for rubbish from other teams or 3rd/4th round picks. WHY? The chance of finding a player of his quality with speculative picks is a massive risk.

We have no need for a player like Armfield, he has less chance of getting a game in our midfield than Lisle has in our team. So where's the logic?

An early 2nd round draft pick or a player we NEED... Would rather keep him and im 99% sure the club has the same intentions!

Lisle is a KPP, they don't grown on trees unlike players like Armfield... Im so glad that our list management isn't run by the majority of people who post in this thread, jesus!

/the end!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back