Mega Thread Trade and Draft Gossip, Innuendo, Scuttle, Butt and Bullshit PART 2 (KEEP IT HERE PLEASE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the go with Mitch Brown from the eagles? Is he any good? Is he available? What's he worth? Maybe a direct swap for Young?

Would love gunston, just what we need up forward. Would Adelaide take shoey for him? Then again after Friday night's performance it might be hard to get a bag of chips for shoey.

Would Adelaide take shoey for him? Then again after Friday night's performance it might be hard to get a bag of chips for shoey.

Disgrace mate :thumbsdown:
He made significantly more of a contribution than Cyril did on Friday but no suggestion of trading him.
If you understood footy you would know our mids did not do their job on Friday which put all the pressure on our defense.

Would love gunston, just what we need up forward. Would Adelaide take shoey for him? Then again after Friday night's performance it might be hard to get a bag of chips for shoey.
Youre kidding mate seriously its unbelievable the way you so called supporters have opened up on him i will be glad to shove all this shiiite down your throats in a few years

Can people stop playing the man and start playing the ball?

We aren't bloody Richmond, turning on each other. Just because you don't agree with someone else's opinion, that doesn't give you the right to get personal. If you disagree, state your opposing argument.

Ride the bumps with a grin and stick together for crying out loud!

Can people stop playing the man and start playing the ball?

We aren't bloody Richmond, turning on each other. Just because you don't agree with someone else's opinion, that doesn't give you the right to get personal. If you disagree, state your opposing argument.

Ride the bumps with a grin and stick together for crying out loud!

This coming from a person who called shoey shite in a thread...

That's the point I'm making- apply your logic here to how you speak about players. Don't expect me to engage your argument if you can't make it without getting personal- and that INCLUDES the PLAYERS- who we should be sticking by and riding the bumps with MORE SO than the Internet key board warriors who think calling players names and comparing them to a bag of chips after ONE loss is appropriate.

Pot, kettle, black mate.

You are one of the worst culprits, and if you WERENT a hawk I wouldn't bother telling you. It's because you're a hawk that I'm telling you, and Captain Hodgey- you néed to think about how you express an opinion- because at the moment they aren't opinions- people, let alone players, deserve better than to be called shite over and over again. Not to mention the clever nickname you came up with.

Savage going to GWS????

Can't see any other reason why he would not be playing. Sam Mitchell on Gameday was asked if he would get a game "Sydney are a unique side, we have to look at the match ups and see blah blah blah" (I.E - No, he will not be playing for an unnamed reason.)

If it is not GWS, then I think it is another discipline related issue.

Savage going to GWS????

Can't see any other reason why he would not be playing. Sam Mitchell on Gameday was asked if he would get a game "Sydney are a unique side, we have to look at the match ups and see blah blah blah" (I.E - No, he will not be playing for an unnamed reason.)

it's that ugly 4 letter word beginning with F.

Form.

That's the point I'm making- apply your logic here to how you speak about players. Don't expect me to engage your argument if you can't make it without getting personal- and that INCLUDES the PLAYERS- who we should be sticking by and riding the bumps with MORE SO than the Internet key board warriors who think calling players names and comparing them to a bag of chips after ONE loss is appropriate.

Pot, kettle, black mate.

You are one of the worst culprits, and if you WERENT a hawk I wouldn't bother telling you. It's because you're a hawk that I'm telling you, and Captain Hodgey- you néed to think about how you express an opinion- because at the moment they aren't opinions- people, let alone players, deserve better than to be called shite over and over again. Not to mention the clever nickname you came up with.
Got ta say , this post say's it all......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's that ugly 4 letter word beginning with F.

Form.

Yes, hence why the choice between him and Bateman went down to one thing, experience. Both were out of touch, but Bateman has a great record against the Cats.

Savage was fantastic before his shoulder issue. Also, maybe the long season has just caught up with him??

Savage going to GWS????

I think you might have put 2 and 2 together and got 47....

Yes, hence why the choice between him and Bateman went down to one thing, experience. Both were out of touch, but Bateman has a great record against the Cats.

Savage was fantastic before his shoulder issue. Also, maybe the long season has just caught up with him??

I think we also have to take into consideration his bodyframe as well. Up against the hard bodied cats on Friday night would of made him a very easy target, especially in a game that was tough going right from the first bounce. He was shaky in his first game back and it just wouldn't have been worth the risk IMO - this year he is just not ready for finals footy.

Just read on Facebook (unofficial source, so could be crap) that Mitch Clark has "officially requested a trade from the club"

I presume we would be interested in him?

Not sure we could afford him though... plus I vaguely recall something about him wanting to go back to WA?

That's the point I'm making- apply your logic here to how you speak about players. Don't expect me to engage your argument if you can't make it without getting personal

Pot, kettle, black mate.

Schoenmakers was embarrassing on Friday night, but he had some mates. As I previous said, he was not beaten physically or for pace. He was beaten by either not knowing where to stand, not killing the ball or turning it over. Now, either he simply is not a defender and was made to look stupid purely due to the volume of inside 50's, Geelong knew he was a weak link and played through him, or he was simply overwhelmed by September. Also as I said before, it reminded me of Dowler. The harder he tried, the worse he was. Once his confidence was shot he threw in the towel. Understandable, but still not a great look. Like Dowler, I believe he can play. But like Dowler, if he doesn't believe it, you can't coach someone to have mongrel.

I think he deserves (as I said earlier) 12 months as forward with Rough swung to the defence to see if he can make it as a forward. If not, then he needs to be moved on. If he was recruited as a forward, play him there. If we wait too long (ala Dowler and Thorp) and then realise he isn't going to make it, so will any potentially suitors. If we aren't going to play him forward, trade him whilst he has currency. It's not personal, it's business. I don't believe he is a defender, but gee I'd love to be wrong.

Just read on Facebook (unofficial source, so could be crap) that Mitch Clark has "officially requested a trade from the club"

Not sure we could afford him though... plus I vaguely recall something about him wanting to go back to WA?

Yeah he said he is only interested in being traded to a WA club.

Also announced on 6pr today
He has stated that he wishes to return to wa and I believe the lions wants LOTS & LOTS for him

I don't rate Shoenmakers as a defender at all. His positioning is all at sea and he just looks so lost down there. When he has the ball he lacks composure under pressure.

Having said that he might make it as a forward, and he is originally from SA. Gunston wants to come back to Vic and he is exactly what we need up forward as the third tall.

Shoenmakers + a second round pick for Gunston, I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.

Would love him. He is a talent being played out of position. As I said on the draft board, throw in your 2nd rounder and I would seal it.

Excuse the intrusion

I don't rate Shoenmakers as a defender at all. His positioning is all at sea and he just looks so lost down there. When he has the ball he lacks composure under pressure.

Having said that he might make it as a forward, and he is originally from SA. Gunston wants to come back to Vic and he is exactly what we need up forward as the third tall.

Shoenmakers + a second round pick for Gunston, I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.

Snap:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back