Mega Thread Trade and Draft Gossip, Innuendo, Scuttle, Butt and Bullshit PART 2 (KEEP IT HERE PLEASE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what Boumann can offer we done already have, he may be tall but he still plays like another 3rd tall.

He is.

Would be worth training with you guys, and potentially putting him on as a rookie (if possible).

Would fill a real need for you; who cares if you only get two years out of him - you only need one year to win a flag.

This is where us as outsiders do not know the development curve of the players in the system at the club. Where a senior team in year X is considered to have a weakness in defense. But the coaches expect that player Y will be at a different level the following season, thus taking that role, and as such isnt a weakness any more.

For example at the Hawks, we loss 2 small fwds at the end of 2010. We thought there would be a requirement to recruit a small fwd. Instead a Rookie listed player cam out (Breust) and kicked 30 goals in 16 games with 6 of those games he was sub. As such its not a strength yet, but its not a weakness either.

Now next year, if Shoemaker has a full preseason (which he didnt in 2011), plus his continuity with games (missed 6 weeks with a hot spot), we may see him step up another level. Plus comebacks from injury to Stratton and Gilham, and possible further development of Lisle, only a top line KPD would be looked at as anything else we already have adequate (not saying a great, but solid KPD). Would Coad be ahead of any of them?

Only the list manager and recruiting staff would have any idea. So on the above hypothesis, would Coad be better than any of them or would he be just for emergency if we have another year of horrific injuries to KPD.

I don't know what Boumann can offer we done already have, he may be tall but he still plays like another 3rd tall.

Hawkins beat Boumann when they last met.

Boumann is still worth the punt. I see no reason why he cant develop into a rangy defender like Jamison or Feltcher. We may be the wrong club for Boumann as he needs one with a weights gym.

Heard from a reliable sauce bottle (let's just him Kev Chup) that Heath "Reg" Grundy is considering a move back to Victoria after this season. Hawks are obviously interested in a young CHB but keeping it low-key until after the finals.

We'd need to probably send McGlynn and Kennedy a few more buddies to play with.

Heard from a reliable sauce bottle (let's just him Kev Chup) that Heath "Reg" Grundy is considering a move back to Victoria after this season. Hawks are obviously interested in a young CHB but keeping it low-key until after the finals.

Comes from Norwood. Think your sauce is past it's used by date. :D

I have always though why we havent had a crack at him. Seems to fit the bill, and will not cost an arm and a leg.

Would slot in nicely at FB/ CHB.

I have always though why we havent had a crack at him. Seems to fit the bill, and will not cost an arm and a leg.

Would slot in nicely at FB/ CHB.

Grundy might explain the Hodge to gws rumour on their Board. The old threesome, I mean three way transfer with Sydney getting some draft picks or young kids to continue the rebuild

Grundy might explain the Hodge to gws rumour on their Board. The old threesome, I mean three way transfer with Sydney getting some draft picks or young kids to continue the rebuild
So sydney gets picks, GWS gets Hodge and we get Grundy:eek: sounds like the hawks are getting a grouse bargain there, must be true:eek:

If there's any player in the comp thats 100% committed to there club it's Hodgey, he started his career at hawthorn and will finish it there, plain and simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Grundy injured at the moment or just unable to make Sydney's team for Friday night?
If as I suspect it is the latter I wonder why we would bother.

So sydney gets picks, GWS gets Hodge and we get Grundy:eek: sounds like the hawks are getting a grouse bargain there, must be true:eek:

If there's any player in the comp thats 100% committed to there club it's Hodgey, he started his career at hawthorn and will finish it there, plain and simple..

Sign us up.....

Reg was injured earlier this season hit a bit of form then got Glandular Fever. Up til this season was relatively free of injury. Regardless deal would have to be extra sweet for us with current backline structure.

North Melbourne small forward Matt Campbell could become part of a surprise trade to Hawthorn next month.

Campbell is weighing up an offer from the Hawks, who were particularly impressed by his five-goal haul against them in round 20, his most productive of eight games this year.

The 24-year-old speedster did not play in the first 15 rounds of the season after being restricted by injuries, particularly a knee problem, earlier in the year. The out-of-contract Campbell has played 67 games with the Kangaroos in five years for 70 goals.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-blue-until-2014/story-e6frg7mf-1226143019365

^^ Would never have seen this one coming. Rioli permanent midfield next year? Are we losing someone to GWS? Not sure why we would have made him an offer. Maybe Poo will be situated permanently in the back line next year?

Checks byline... Greg Denham

Aah. From that article, expect Matt Campbell to line up in the ruck for Carlton next year, Nicoski to leave, and Shaun Hampson in a forward pocket for the Hawks.
Good journalist is good.

We need to stop taking players that have played well against us. No wonder poor teams are motivated when they play us, it's like a group audition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back