List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have players who can crumb. We have no players that consistently provide a target and we struggle to stop opponents intercepting the ball
We only have one true crumber, Sidey, and Buckley hardly ever plays him forward.
I would have him there permanently.
Great front and square and has a footy brain with skills to match.

What rumors are you talking about. I hope you are correct. But why would WC entertain losing him unless his groin is worse than reported??
Yep starts favourite for the Eagles B&F each year now. He’s that good.
Zero chance of this happening I think.
Why would he leave WA when he asked be traded home to Perth from Brisbane?
And would anyone want to leave WA to live in the Republic of Victoria?

If we don't chase a guy 12 months removed from brain surgery that couldn't force his way into a top 4 team last year, the club is stuffed?

Do you know what Richmond are asking in trade? What Higgins will demand re. $$? Whether he's already had suitors?

Or just jump straight to Collingwood being stuffed?

F*** me.
F*** me exactly.

That was 12 months ago as you have stated.
You don't lose your ability.
I don't know what Richmond wants for him but I'm saying get involved.
He is exactly what the club needs as a small forward and would come from a club with great buy-in. Way better option than a non-performing JT.

F*** me exactly.

We only have one true crumber, Sidey, and Buckley hardly ever plays him forward.
I would have him there permanently.
Great front and square and has a footy brain with skills to match.
And he’s a deadset desperado that gives 100% every minute of a game. Throws himself at everything.

F*** me exactly.

He is exactly what the club needs as a small forward and would come from a club with great buy-in. Way better option than a non-performing JT.

F*** me exactly.

He's going to St.Kilda

F*** me exactly.

F*** me exactly.

You don't lose your ability... after serious brain surgery? No risks there at all?

I'm not opposed to having a look if he comes at the right price, but really mate, do you have to be a drama queen about it? Do you get anything out of catastrophising if the club doesn't rate a player the same way you do?

And what do you mean by 'get involved'? Make a phone call? Enquire on expected wages & trade cost?

Do you realise what a club's list management and recruitment team does? That they literally sound out and research every single player available (and most that are not) every year?

Or is it only real to you if Sam Edmund reports it?

Sent from[/QUOTE]
Overall that forward line looks to have the same problems as last season’s did and the bench looks pretty average. The bench is also unbalanced with 3 mids, 1 defender no forwards.

I struggle to see how that side brings us back.

I agree and the only solution is to put Moore forward where he will star. Pick up a decent defender to replace him..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F*** me exactly.

F*** me exactly.
I'm interested in reading your peer reviewed study about how brain surgery doesn't impact abilities.

Long-time avid reader, seldom poster. Just my thoughts on the draft – be kind to me. My ideal Draft/Trades would be.

[TD valign="bottom"]
TRADE PLAYERS/PICKS
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
TO
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
PICK/PLAYER
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
SIER + THOMAS and/or WHE
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
FREO
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
PICK 28
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
To any club with pick in the
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"] OR CROWS [/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
20 OR 29
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
Twenties - for Reef
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"] OR ROOS [/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
McInnes and/or J Callow
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"] OR SWANS [/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"] OR HAWKS [/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
PHILLIPS + PICK 37
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
DEMONS
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
BRAYSHAW
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
2021 YRS 1ST + PICK 68
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
DOGS
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
2020 PICK 12
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
TRELOAR + PICK 14
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
SUNS
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
5 + 24 + 33 + PLAYER
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
COX
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
SWANS
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
ALIIR OR OTHER
[/TD]
Trades are seldom this easy, so +/- picks and/or players.

Sier
Rather have DeGoey/Adams/Maynard or Crisp in centre. Thomas/WHE Trade one, if possible, keep the other for depth. Phillips No longer best 22. Treloar Prefer to keep but….. Cox If true that Swans are interested. Myhocek If he goes/keep Cox, I hope Myhocek stays.

We gain - Brayshaw, Suns Player, Aliir (or other) PLUS

[TD valign="bottom"]
PICK 5
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
W. PHILLIPS
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"] HIGHLY RATED MID, READY TO PLAY [/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
PICK 12
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
NIK. COX
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"] 199CM 82KG TALL UTILITY, NEEDS TIME [/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
MID 20'S
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
R. McINNES
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"] COLL. N.G.A. 193CM 84KG, READY TO PLAY [/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
PICK 24
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
J. CALLOW
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"] 194CM 95KG, READY TO PLAY [/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
PICK 33
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
DRAFT OR TRADE
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"] [/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
PICK 34
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
DRAFT OR TRADE
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
PICK 84
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
DRAFT OR TRADE
[/TD]
*Use late picks for KPD (Tom McDonald??), Small Forward and another KP project player (K. Baldwyn/O. Lord). * If the experts think Callow is ready to play next year, just get him, don’t worry about expert draft range. Even if we use pick 12.

Moore played forward as a skinny 20 year old and yes he was inconsistent. Please point out all those gun 20 year oid KPFs who take the competition by storm. The logic in your thinking is flawed. You compare the performances of an inexperienced skinny 20 year old KP player with an experienced muscle-bound 23 year old adonis: and surprise surprise the adonis is better - who would have thought that? Then you conclude cause the skinny 20 year old played forward ad the 23 year old played defence, that he is a natural defender who cant play forward....
Daniher kicked around 60 goals after learning his craft in defense.. Moore is heaps more talented. Better than Lynch as well.

Long-time avid reader, seldom poster. Just my thoughts on the draft – be kind to me. My ideal Draft/Trades would be.

[TD valign="bottom"]
TRADE PLAYERS/PICKS
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
TO
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
PICK/PLAYER
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
SIER + THOMAS and/or WHE
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
FREO
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
PICK 28
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
20 OR 29
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
Twenties - for Reef
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
McInnes and/or J Callow
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
PHILLIPS + PICK 37
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
DEMONS
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
BRAYSHAW
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
2021 YRS 1ST + PICK 68
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
DOGS
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
2020 PICK 12
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
TRELOAR + PICK 14
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
SUNS
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
5 + 24 + 33 + PLAYER
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
COX
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
SWANS
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
ALIIR OR OTHER
[/TD]

Sier
Rather have DeGoey/Adams/Maynard or Crisp in centre. Thomas/WHE Trade one, if possible, keep the other for depth. Phillips No longer best 22. Treloar Prefer to keep but….. Cox If true that Swans are interested. Myhocek If he goes/keep Cox, I hope Myhocek stays.

[TD valign="bottom"]
PICK 5
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
W. PHILLIPS
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
PICK 12
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
NIK. COX
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
MID 20'S
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
R. McINNES
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
PICK 24
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
J. CALLOW
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
PICK 33
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
DRAFT OR TRADE
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"][/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
PICK 34
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
DRAFT OR TRADE
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
PICK 84
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
DRAFT OR TRADE
[/TD]
*Use late picks for KPD (Tom McDonald??), Small Forward and another KP project player (K. Baldwyn/O. Lord). * If the experts think Callow is ready to play next year, just get him, don’t worry about expert draft range. Even if we use pick 12.
Work's for me

1/ Attacks and being critical are one and the same, you are in effect blaming someone for something....especially true when your unsubstantiated claims about the players drafted and recruited not realizing the untapped potential as you always surmise....therefore you blame buckley and the coaches for not getting blood out of a stone then pretend it is a coaching and development problem....the club has great facilities and i believe the development has been outstanding because the club turned plodders into athletic beasts who run all day with even speed added to what they were when brought in....the issue for me is the type of players they bring in, they are short, zero flair or excitement, sub par skillsets, expecting project players like cox and the irish to dominate top level footy in important roles....there is no vision or plan, it is not building a list with method, it is just slap players together then later work out where to play them....there is no plan or design, there is no plan or design when working with contracts either, it is just get excited, pay huge contracts then later deal with a blown up cap.....no plan or design....

7/ richmond are a very powerful team that you give little credit for...it won 3 flags in 4 years, and only lost a final in 2018 due to an amazing 10 minutes by cox to put scoreboard pressure on them early....and they have a huge chance to win again next year...you think backing up and winning flags over long seasons is easy and other teams are better lol

your other points aren't even worth replying to, because i understand you fail to see reason, facts, or honesty, and cannot admit even your own silliness...

Half of what you've stated here is actually what I'm saying.

the club has great facilities - agreed
.there is no vision or plan - agreed
there is no plan or design, there is no plan or design when working with contracts either, it is just get excited, pay huge contracts then later deal with a blown up cap.....no plan or design.... - agreed

None of that has been optimized. Agreed.

Yet you go off half cocked alluding that I'm only 'dA velipMENt IS da PRoblem' - No, go back and read my posts again. There is not one post in the last 5 years where I've stated we've had the best list.

In fact I agree with you about 2018 and have history of claiming that flag would've been a masterstroke theft. Just ask No SPIN

So yes I agree the list is a problem, it is not the top 4, never stated it was. What I am saying is that development of game and our players has been sub par apart from that year, it is our biggest issue. That year is proof that this current list can contend, or 'steal it' if you'd prefer that terminology.

As far as the tigas go, you'd be foolhardy trying to convince anyone they have THE best list, they just use what they've got better than anyone else - yes that includes facilities, coaching staff, admin, list / recruitment etc. AND their players.

So before accusing me of being rigid minded and assume I only think player development is the only roadblock to a flag(s) think again.

[TD valign="bottom"]
TRADE PLAYERS/PICKS
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
TO
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
PICK/PLAYER
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
SIER + THOMAS and/or WHE
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
FREO
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
PICK 28
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
20 OR 29
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
Twenties - for Reef
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
McInnes and/or J Callow
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
PHILLIPS + PICK 37
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
DEMONS
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
BRAYSHAW
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
2021 YRS 1ST + PICK 68
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
DOGS
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
2020 PICK 12
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
TRELOAR + PICK 14
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
SUNS
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
5 + 24 + 33 + PLAYER
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
COX
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
SWANS
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
ALIIR OR OTHER
[/TD]

Sier

[TD valign="bottom"]
PICK 5
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
W. PHILLIPS
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
PICK 12
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
NIK. COX
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
MID 20'S
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
R. McINNES
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
PICK 24
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
J. CALLOW
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
PICK 33
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
DRAFT OR TRADE
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
PICK 34
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
DRAFT OR TRADE
[/TD]

[TD valign="bottom"]
PICK 84
[/TD]
[TD valign="bottom"]
DRAFT OR TRADE
[/TD]

Very tasty, love the targets. Couldn't see the Phillips to Melbourne deal getting done, but love the idea of trading in the picks as well as Aliir and McDonald as guys who could come in and play right away. Allows us to swing Moore forward if we so desired as well.

The wan* fest over Higgins is sickening. The guy is Jarryd Blair 2.0. Small pressure forward with minimal scoreboard impact, but a super hard worker. The only reason he was picked so early a few years ago is because while all the genuinely talented players juggled school and footy, he quit school to train full time for 12 months. Richmond were seduced in to thinking that he might become something more, but like Blair, he’s as good as he’s ever going to be and will be over taken time and time again by more talented players who come in to the system and actually have improvement in them with full time training.

Add to that, he’s a massive flog. Do not want.

We need a complete overhaul of recruiting and list management again imo

Higgins moving wouldn’t be a new thing it would of been on the cards why do we consistently miss the best opportunities to address major list needs while spending so much time just trying to keep what we have.

It’s like any business and it’s glaring that something just isn’t working as it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back