List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wan* fest over Higgins is sickening. The guy is Jarryd Blair 2.0. Small pressure forward with minimal scoreboard impact, but a super hard worker. The only reason he was picked so early a few years ago is because while all the genuinely talented players juggled school and footy, he quit school to train full time for 12 months. Richmond were seduced in to thinking that he might become something more, but like Blair, he’s as good as he’s ever going to be and will be over taken time and time again by more talented players who come in to the system and actually have improvement in them with full time training.

Add to that, he’s a massive flog. Do not want.

Some Draft Experts was a Huge Fan of His when he was Drafted

Pav was an AA CHB

Wouldn't put to much in that because Pav was AA in nearly all positions on the field but was a KPF/B it's the way AA was selected

*Not saying he didn't deserve them

Some Draft Experts was a Huge Fan of His when he was Drafted
He was statistically the best prospect in his draft year, yet he was barely selected within the top 20. Seems like most recruiters weren’t fooled.

Guess Treloar is Staying then

With suns out I guess he will Stay Now

They're waiting for him to make the 1st move....
Don't believe everything you read in the paper.

Look at our own timeline for example.
Dayne Beams wont be traded under any circumstances.
Then there was the infamous trade deadline of Thursday we put on Brisbane to do a deal etc.
Treloar himself constantly saying he was staying at GWs and then 3 months later he was with us.

After seeing Higgins interviews I don't know if I can trust him to consistently find his way to the ground. And this is prior to brain surgery. Also he ain't that great.

Does he have the scope to be better than our current bottom 4-6 in our Best 22.

I say absolutely he does.

We don't have to target the absolute best.
Our biggest issue is our bottom end.

Butler had 1 good season, his first and was rubbish in the following 2 seasons.
Look at him this year.

With all due respect to him, Guys like Higgins, work their asses off because lets face it.. Footy is all they have.
We have a serious lack of small forwards with x factor, Higgins has that in spades.

Is there any reason why we wouldn't be looking at Dunkley? He's the Tall, Ball Winning midfield we've all been hoping Sier would turn into. Might even spur Sier into action.

If Treloar (our most prolific clearance player) does end up going and the silence is deafening, I think he would be ideal replacement. The reported $650K is great value especially considering the reported contracts of players like Phillips and Landgon. Might even make the much speculated 1st Round Pick Swap with the Doggies a bit easier.

If it takes putting his Brother in the VFL side so be it and SURELY we'd be a better proposition than Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Half of what you've stated here is actually what I'm saying.

the club has great facilities - agreed
.there is no vision or plan - agreed
there is no plan or design, there is no plan or design when working with contracts either, it is just get excited, pay huge contracts then later deal with a blown up cap.....no plan or design.... - agreed

None of that has been optimized. Agreed.

Yet you go off half cocked alluding that I'm only 'dA velipMENt IS da PRoblem' - No, go back and read my posts again. There is not one post in the last 5 years where I've stated we've had the best list.

In fact I agree with you about 2018 and have history of claiming that flag would've been a masterstroke theft. Just ask No SPIN

So yes I agree the list is a problem, it is not the top 4, never stated it was. What I am saying is that development of game and our players has been sub par apart from that year, it is our biggest issue. That year is proof that this current list can contend, or 'steal it' if you'd prefer that terminology.

As far as the tigas go, you'd be foolhardy trying to convince anyone they have THE best list, they just use what they've got better than anyone else - yes that includes facilities, coaching staff, admin, list / recruitment etc. AND their players.

So before accusing me of being rigid minded and assume I only think player development is the only roadblock to a flag(s) think again.

we all have different brains therefore think differently....i am more convinced than you that recruiting is easily as big as the coaching/development side....they work hand in glove, if both are done expertly then you have a powerful team with genuine flag contentions and flag probabilities....we differ in that you believe development is lacking and therefore we have nuggets of gold to unearth in players abilities, and the game style is the box of woes....i differ in that i think hine and co are probably the worst recruiting list management team in the comp....i say that because we have a big club with plenty of money, a huge passionate fan base all around australia, we have great facilities, and we play lots of big games at the mcg in front of enormous crowds....therefore we should be a destination club for exciting players to want to come....but i am sure they look at our list and laugh and see what we do to our important players like cloke, buckley, pendles, swan etc....have them for years/longer than a decade and give them no help, just keep surrounding them with hacks so they are left to carry the team every year....the recruiters have a fetish for short players, richmond have lots of small players too but geez can they run with speed lol.....development and coaching to a high degree is vital but to my mind the list build and retention/maintaining is the bigger fish because even if coaching and development is lacking at least you have natural talent in each player because you have selectively hand picked them for a reason....i am sure players look at our salary cap and laugh knowing we tie up massive bundles of cash for hacks....players from other clubs know we are not interested in flags, all the club aims for is to be competitive so the duped fans keep filling the coffers, and anything above competitiveness i.e a flag is a bonus....look at the list they built and tell me they are seriously aiming for a flag lol....this year they might swap players to look like they know what they are doing, but the end game is only to try to keep the team competitive, a top 8 spot is all that is required....

we all have different brains therefore think differently....i am more convinced than you that recruiting is easily as big as the coaching/development side....they work hand in glove, if both are done expertly then you have a powerful team with genuine flag contentions and flag probabilities....we differ in that you believe development is lacking and therefore we have nuggets of gold to unearth in players abilities, and the game style is the box of woes....i differ in that i think hine and co are probably the worst recruiting list management team in the comp....i say that because we have a big club with plenty of money, a huge passionate fan base all around australia, we have great facilities, and we play lots of big games at the mcg in front of enormous crowds....therefore we should be a destination club for exciting players to want to come....but i am sure they look at our list and laugh and see what we do to our important players like cloke, buckley, pendles, swan etc....have them for years/longer than a decade and give them no help, just keep surrounding them with hacks so they are left to carry the team every year....the recruiters have a fetish for short players, richmond have lots of small players too but geez can they run with speed lol.....development and coaching to a high degree is vital but to my mind the list build and retention/maintaining is the bigger fish because even if coaching and development is lacking at least you have natural talent in each player because you have selectively hand picked them for a reason....i am sure players look at our salary cap and laugh knowing we tie up massive bundles of cash for hacks....players from other clubs know we are not interested in flags, all the club aims for is to be competitive so the duped fans keep filling the coffers, and anything above competitiveness i.e a flag is a bonus....look at the list they built and tell me they are seriously aiming for a flag lol....this year they might swap players to look like they know what they are doing, but the end game is only to try to keep the team competitive, a top 8 spot is all that is required....

Well then it seems you agree with me, I basically agree with all of that.

I will remind you of one thing, recruiters are tasked to target the types of players that the panel and mc want - it's not what the recruiters want, it's what they're asked to go and get. Then it's up to whatever's available, agreed our mob is not the example to set yourself on recruiting wise.

Again for want of a better term, the tigas use ALL of their resources better than anyone else.

I'm not saying list is not a problem, it is unbalanced, and depth is a big problem, but developing what we've got and developing a better game will not hurt and would go a long long way to solving our issues on field. There is no known universe anyone can say we're near potential.

lol i don't agree with you carringbush, but maybe now you semi agree with me....buckley wanted a grunt list and that is sort of what has been built....i am not sure he said, right recruiters go and get me some boring short players who have no skills....maybe he said i want a marking tall, or an inside mid, maybe a speedy winger....but i doubt he got what he asked for but no matter everyone keeps their jobs and happy days keep rolling....i have been saying for years the list will not win a flag due to the list they built and the types of players they keep going after....2018 pleasantly surprised me but that was plenty of players playing above what they are ordinarily capable of and was a year that despite again plenty of injuries, everything just clicked.....

Oh for God's sake. Do you really think he would have been cleared to play if he was suffering issues.
Really.
He's been cleared to play because it isn't perceived to be a risk anymore. That doesn't mean that there hasn't been an impact to abilities.

Was about to say Higgins doesn’t have much to offer that is materially different to Josh Thomas......

And then I realised he’s seven years younger.

At 22 he’s probably worth a punt if he comes cheap enough. Straight replacement for Varcoe on the list and maybe Thomas in the 22.

Was originally a first round pick, too, so has always been rated.

The only question is if there are better options.

I'd be really keen on Higgins. If Saints are after him though, they must think Lonie is gone. They already have Butler, and Gresham comes back next year. So not sure why they would need another small forward when they also have Billings as well. Can only think Lonie is definitely going.

I'd be really keen on Higgins. If Saints are after him though, they must think Lonie is gone. They already have Butler, and Gresham comes back next year. So not sure why they would need another small forward when they also have Billings as well. Can only think Lonie is definitely going.
Gresham and billings are more Midfielders than small forwards. It hasn't been confirmed yet but you will find he has nominated St.Kilda, I think he has heaps of upside and is just the type we need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back