List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They aren’t going to wait for ever and by the sounds of it they have stopped waiting.

It was never Collingwoods move next. You can’t offer up a contracted player who isn’t willing to move. It was up to Treloar to agree and up to the Suns to attempt to get him to agree. They might have given up.
Everything you said is quite correct.
I don’t think there has been any dialogue this year other than Dew’s comments.
I should have been clearer and said it’s Collingwood and Treloar’s move next.

Are you suggesting Moore is on the level of Matthew Pavlich? We have seen Moore up forward. Inconsistent and overall mediocre.
When he was 20 and the side was shit

I thought this season was the perfect opportunity to do so given the need to rotate your team with the compressed fixture.
I think that was the intent, but with no reserves, only 15 a side scratch matches and some games needing players from other sides to make up the numbers, it was difficult to get them up to speed. We all saw what happened to Keane in his game. I can't wait to see Bianco, Rantall and others given an extended run next year. GO PIES

Are you suggesting Moore is on the level of Matthew Pavlich? We have seen Moore up forward. Inconsistent and overall mediocre.

Moore played forward as a skinny 20 year old and yes he was inconsistent. Please point out all those gun 20 year oid KPFs who take the competition by storm. The logic in your thinking is flawed. You compare the performances of an inexperienced skinny 20 year old KP player with an experienced muscle-bound 23 year old adonis: and surprise surprise the adonis is better - who would have thought that? Then you conclude cause the skinny 20 year old played forward ad the 23 year old played defence, that he is a natural defender who cant play forward....

Jack Higgins important stats:

54 scoring shots in 43 games.

Averges 2.5 tackles a game. Several games with above 5 tackles.

Averages 7 contested possessions per game. So he likes getting his hands dirty.

.75 marks i50 per game. Something we really struggle with.

He also averages about 2 goals a game everytime he plays against us. That’s a bonus.

Defs worth a short.

I tend to agree with having a taller, marking wing option, especially if we have a smaller, more skillful Daicos type on the other. I wonder what your thoughts would be on our existing taller options filling that role? Could Nathan Murphy and Tom Wilson at approx 191cm and 194cm respectively fill that role? I know it would be hard to judge given how little we have seen of them but could we already have an answer for that spot on our list in those two?

Another one worth mentioning could be Max Lynch. He's a powerful endurance athlete and at 200cm would tower over most of the wingman he would be lining up on, which you would think would advantage him in the marking contests down the line and i50 like you mention.

Lynch firstly I don't rate at all.

I'm sure responses will be that I'm harsh, but I don't feel he should have been drafted and each year I felt like he should be delisted and I continue to see no reason why he should be taking up a list position. He's someone if a club shows a shred of interest - ideally Sydney in a deal for Aliir, I'd be moving him on in a hurry. As for whether he can make it on a wing, I'm not aware of his endurance being quite on that level where I'd say he can be a wing as I'd say of a say Tim English. I'm also with Lynch not seeing him as that towering marking option. No more than 6 marks in 2019 in the VFL, had a few loose 3 contested mark games, but lots more where he wasn't taking any. Not much of a scoreboard threat.

Murphy I'm not sure is quite that marking weapon. He'll take a contested mark every few games, but has only once managed two contested marks in a game. He's for me not quite that guy either. I think Murphy's best chance is in defence if he makes it, but at this stage he still has to prove he's that guy even in defence.

Wilson I would have loved to have seen this year. Whether he can be a key forward. Tall (inside mid). I think having that awareness in traffic it's more his inside work that intrigues me. If he can become a contested marking weapon and shows he reads the ball in flight particularly well and can be that contested mark who pushes forward and back to take marks i50 or intercept marks down back, that would be intriguing, but I'd want to see a sign first before he makes that move.

On Collingwood's list it's Moore who can play that role if he wants. Mihocek even is somewhat intriguing as that tall marking wing as while not fast, he has the endurance. Stephenson as a tall running wing also has that scope once he learns how to find the ball more out there - he definitely has the endurance and speed to play out there, but if it's a WHE on the wing story, you can have all the speed and endurance in the world but if you can't find and win enough of the footy, you're not of use there and are better off used as a forward. They're more the existing guys I have that vision for as possible areas they could develop.

Moore played forward as a skinny 20 year old and yes he was inconsistent. Please point out all those gun 20 year oid KPFs who take the competition by storm. The logic in your thinking is flawed. You compare the performances of an inexperienced skinny 20 year old KP player with an experienced muscle-bound 23 year old adonis: and surprise surprise the adonis is better - who would have thought that? Then you conclude cause the skinny 20 year old played forward ad the 23 year old played defence, that he is a natural defender who cant play forward....
I admit he was younger, but he still doesn't have the typical forward build. I just don't see it as a good move. Happy to be proven wrong if it happens and is successful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan Butler was traded to the Saints for pick 56 last year.

He was a premiership player and probably showed more than Jack Higgins. He averaged over a goal a game.

Only difference is that Higgins is contracted, but seems the club and player have come to a mutual agreement.

If we could snatch Higgins for pick 60, that would be a bargain.

Screaming out for a genuine small forward.
I'd be keen

Plus he's a rascal.. suits us!
Actually think his pace at centre stoppages would be awesome. Got a little bit of midfield time at the Tigers and did well from what I remember. Either way I think he's a great get

Wright will end up at Essendon, they'll offer him and the Suns more.

**** it, I'm in on Hogan, get it done! Keen to share a couple of pingaz with him at Revs after a 6 goal haul in a big win at the G :D

If heads don’t roll post trade period due to this Treloar **** up I’ll be amazed.

think it’s going to to be the first domino in a reset.

don’t see us in flag window anymore. Not just due to that it’s bewildering that we constantly can’t address list needs.

Outs: Cox, Phillips, WHE, Treloar
Ins: Hogan, Snags Higgins, Dale, Gus Brayshaw, top 10 pick

Do it

Let's get some ****ing attitude back. Snags reminds me of Dids. Hogan can be our Clokey. Play Ruscoe, never seen somebody so happy to kick a goal. Stevo back in form. I wanna see some attitude, some swagger. GET IT DONE

Last edited:
Need to focus first and foremost on a key forward

Will Kelly will develop into the forward we need.
Sadly didn’t get to see a lot of him this year but what I saw excited me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back