List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is we don't want him, Collingwood see him as 5th best mid (I think that's way off) and don't want to be paying our 5th best mid that type of money.
How we found ourselves in this position is embarrassing.
Maybe just one more review to sort us out??

We have reviews ............... Richmond have premiership parties :(

We'll be like Australia soon - kept afloat by Royal Commissions, Judicial Enquiries and Audits into why the previous review wasn't implemented....

PS - example:

Hotel scheme inquiry extended six weeks
Victoria’s quarantine inquiry won’t report until December 21 after receiving new material from key players including health chief Brett Sutton.

Last edited:
Interesting Essendon have sacked Dan Richardson as head of football. Thought he was pretty good and brought with him some IP from Richmond.

Its not a coincidence he is a former player agent like Ned...

Look at the trend--there's 2 teams having a mare of an offseason (Essendon and Collingwood) and both their football boss'/list managers are former player agents.

That reminds me we have et heard from Good Horse or Bad Horse for a while. Does anyone know them well enough to be able to check in and see if they are ok?
GH and BH are the same person.

I agree it was the worst possible result, wouldn't shock me if the Hawks rigged it like clubs have done over the years with B&Fs.
Clubs delegitimise their club champion awards to bump up the asking price of players who ‘might’ be leaving or will be leaving?

Problem is we don't want him, Collingwood see him as 5th best mid (I think that's way off) and don't want to be paying our 5th best mid that type of money.

How we found ourselves in this position is embarrassing.
Sorry but calling bullshit on this. If he’s our 5th best mid then that means he’s behind Pendles, Sidey, Adams.... then who? Elliott? Sier? Brown?

BS

I love how most people agree Phillips Cox and Callow plus Reef are our draft targets. I really hope we do this!! Add Daics next year and I reckon pies remain a force in the 2020’s. Even more so!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well not sure about most people, maybe one other person I can think of. Callow not for me. I was shocked to see him listed in the 193cm range on draft central. After watching him play (not just highlights that make everyone look like a star) he looked a guy with the athleticism of a much taller player. Like Charlie Dixon but 7cm too short. Good player but struck me as a guy who will dominate lower leagues but will struggle with the taller athletic AFL backs. Already pysically mature so not sure how much scope. People project him as a later pick for a reason I suppose and would only consider late and by no means a must get.

Starting to get genuinely concerned this mess has tanked Adams value in a trade

If he goes it needs to be GCS. Even allowing for our fantastic negotiating skills, it will be hard to drive any sort of bargain with a Vic club when it's obvious we don't believe he can function anywhere near his peak.

if a Melbourne based team trade for Treloar... there is a "realistic" chance of the following to occur.

- He misses his family, especially his toddler and he asks for a couple of weeks leave in the season, citing mental health and anxiety over family members. Best case, the team allows him to fly in over after a weekend game and allow him 3-4 four days leave and he flies back ready for training. Assuming the BORDERS are open...

- In the instance that Treloar is approved a couple of weeks leave missing 2 games, if the borders are locked down due to any cases of COVID-19, he will be stuck there for a much longer time, assuming the games are suspended, then not much issues with impacting his team. But it would be another "risk" for the team to manage.

- If his wife ends up signing a new contract with the Queensland team, Treloar finally caves in and realize he needs to be where his family is, forcing the Magpies to trade him to Brisbane or Gold Coast. Both teams now knowing Pies have to trade so the leverage on their side, basically Collingwood gets minimum value for Treloar.

I understand why Collingwood is looking to unload him because Beams issue threw the Pies seasons under the bus. Had the Pies spent that money on another best 22 type player, Pies could have had a better chance in 2019 and 2020.

I remember around 2012-13 or thereabouts listening to footy talkback and at that time Richmond were considered a basket case. The laughing stock of the competition. Gerard Whately referred to them on Grandstand as 'the adolescents of the AFL' and the Australian's Patrick Smith referred to them as 'A Tin Shed'.

Somewhere about that time in an order that I can no longer sort out in my addled brain, they lost out to us in trades for both Adams and Treloar (and became incensed that they could never be regarded as a destination club), attempted unsuccessfully to trade out Martin who was demonstrating signs of imploding off the field and then botched successive finals series against teams they were widely expected to beat branding them in the fans of the AFL community as losers and chokers. Cotchin was widely ridiculed for his lack of finals capacity or being able to perform when it counted. Now they are a 'dynasty'. The envy of the AFL and partying like they never expected to in their wildest dreams.

I am feeling pretty despondent about the mess we have created for ourselves with all of this half-arsed list management but I suppose I am trying to take solace from the fact that if you can get the process right and start making better decisions what seems like a disaster can turn around pretty quickly. A year can be a long time in footy.

Like everyone here though, I think I realise this is a critical/pivotal off-season for our club. We cannot afford too many more f -ups.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cox + 2021 1st to WB for Pick 12 + Dale
Treloar + 37 for 5 + 24 + Wright
35 for Jarrod Cameron
12 + 14 for 7 + 27
WHE for a 2nd Rounder
Phillips + WHE 2nd rounder for Brayshaw
Draft Phillips, Cox, Reef, Callow
Delist Langdon, Appleby, Wills, JT
A9D294B3-80AD-4547-B2EA-82C67AA27338.jpeg

Cox + 2021 1st to WB for Pick 12 + Dale
Treloar + 37 for 5 + 24 + Wright
35 for Jarrod Cameron
12 + 14 for 7 + 27
WHE for a 2nd Rounder
Phillips + WHE 2nd rounder for Brayshaw
Draft Phillips, Cox, Reef, Callow
Delist Langdon, Appleby, Wills, JT

Yeah, for one WHE isn't getting a second rounder and we aren't getting Brayshaw for that second rounder and Phillips. Do you put yourself in the shoes of the other team when you make these suggestions? It's fantasy. If you want.to pose some more realistic options, instead of making every trade favor us, make every trade look like we are getting slightly screwed over. This is par for the course now.

What likely scenario are you suggesting?

Honestly, I could see us trading Cox and a 3rd round pick for a later 3rd rounder that's how bad we want that salary off our books.

Yeah, for one WHE isn't getting a second rounder and we aren't getting Brayshaw for that second rounder and Phillips. Do you put yourself in the shoes of the other team when you make these suggestions? It's fantasy. If you want.to pose some more realistic options, instead of making every trade favor us, make every trade look like we are getting slightly screwed over. This is par for the course now.
Why aren’t we sponsored by KY by now?
We are Collingwood and we endorse this product!

Sorry but calling bullshit on this. If he’s our 5th best mid then that means he’s behind Pendles, Sidey, Adams.... then who? Elliott? Sier? Brown?

BS

Ok let's say 4 ( I was told 5 maybe that means Grundy) they don't think he is worth more the Adams, Pendles, Sidey which the more I think about it maybe he isn't, I'm huge AT fan, I have cooled down on the idea of trading him since having this convo, that type of money 850k to 950k per year means you should almost be the clubs best player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back