List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me get this straight. You’d go after Hogan, Higgins, Dale and Brayshaw. But, the Collingwood list management team is a shambles? Honestly, do you think before you post?

Give me Zac Williams or Saad if Collingwood are their 2nd option, over ANY player acquisitions you have suggested.
Are you one of those conspiracy theorists that don't believe we have salary cap issues, and don't believe that we overpay players?

The whole point of going after fringe players is accepting the fact that we cannot land a big fish. Williams and Saad will get like $700k a year MINIMUM elsewhere, if not $800k or 900k. How do you want to get them?

My entire stance is that we can only get cheap fringe players or players who have been pushed out of positions, thus why I get pissed off when people shut down every player linked/mentioned because "THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH".

Richmond had 6/22 of their premiership team players selected as rookies, 1/22 picked up as a delisted free agent, 4/22 taken between picks 30 and 70. There's more to recruitment than just stats and status, overlooked and recycled players can be hugely successful.

Yes I think we're a shambles overall.

This may be my favourite non-sensical conjured up scenario yet. Only thing missing is the players will be so reluctant to play for us that they start kicking it to the team that they really wanted to play for.
Forgive me for wanting a player to nominate us and WANT to play for Collingwood. I don't want a FRINGE player to nominate a viral Victorian club, the deal doesn't go through, then we get him. Sure it will probably turn out fine, but as I said, I want players to WANT to play for our club.

Because we need a key forward how many key forwards dominate at 18?

We don’t need a dominant key forward immediately. We need to be developing 1. All we need now is for someone to come in and play a role that compliments what we already have.

I don't see what any added players can do, player rejects càn be good as topups when a strong list needs some help, but will not help our weak list win a flag, can only help us be a little competitive but what is the point of that....repair our cap and begin a full rebuild....now is the perfect opportunity or clubs will keep zooming past us and who wants that

To try Moore forward, you need to replace him at CHB.
Sydney are after a ruckman/forward.
So Cox to Sydney for Allir Allir makes so much sense.
If Moore fails, he can always go back again and Allir would replace Roughead who is nearing the end.

Cox has a girlfriend in Melbourne doesn’t he. How is that any different to Treloar?

Are you one of those conspiracy theorists that don't believe we have salary cap issues, and don't believe that we overpay players?

The whole point of going after fringe players is accepting the fact that we cannot land a big fish. Williams and Saad will get like $700k a year MINIMUM elsewhere, if not $800k or 900k. How do you want to get them?

My entire stance is that we can only get cheap fringe players or players who have been pushed out of positions, thus why I get pissed off when people shut down every player linked/mentioned because "THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH".

Richmond had 6/22 of their premiership team players selected as rookies, 1/22 picked up as a delisted free agent, 4/22 taken between picks 30 and 70. There's more to recruitment than just stats and status, overlooked and recycled players can be hugely successful.

Yes I think we're a shambles overall.

Maybe I missed something, but I can't remember Collingwood being fined for salary cap breaches in the last few years?

Can you point me towards the players that Collingwood have been forced to trade in recent years as a result of these cap issues?

Can you tell me which players that the club wanted to keep which they've failed to re-sign as a result of the cap issues?

Can you point me towards some proof of the cap issues?

I can't imagine you'd call someone a conspiracy theorist unless you had more than un-sourced comments from reporters, would you? Anything actually quantifiable?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the season he had? No way.
Grundy had a down year by his standards, but the reaction to it has been grossly overstated. He was still one of the top rucks in the comp, its just that his standards are so lofty that it appeared worse than it was.

It's been pretty well rumoured that he struggled with mental health in the hub, I think everybody needs to cool their jets. No reason to think he won't be 2019 Grundy come next season.

Maybe I missed something, but I can't remember Collingwood being fined for salary cap breaches in the last few years?

Can you point me towards the players that Collingwood have been forced to trade in recent years as a result of these cap issues?

Can you tell me which players that the club wanted to keep which they've failed to re-sign as a result of the cap issues?

Can you point me towards some proof of the cap issues?

I can't imagine you'd call someone a conspiracy theorist unless you had more than un-sourced comments from reporters, would you? Anything actually quantifiable?

Maybe the evidence is the club has not denied the claims and says it is in the market to improve the team....The club doesn't show much visibility in attracting players to join the club...sure players retire and get delisted but also players come out of contract asking for more at new contract

Maybe the evidence is the club has not denied the claims and says it is in the market to improve the team....The club doesn't show much visibility in attracting players to join the club...sure players retire and get delisted but also players come out of contract asking for more at new contract

The evidence is in what the club hasn't said?

The club going about its business quietly is evidence?

Do you understand what evidence means?

BTW, we're a couple of years removed from our list manager being caught jumping a fence at Tom Lynch's house. We've been plenty visible at times and I rather us doing our business quietly.

Grundy had a down year by his standards, but the reaction to it has been grossly overstated. He was still one of the top rucks in the comp, its just that his standards are so lofty that it appeared worse than it was.

It's been pretty well rumoured that he struggled with mental health in the hub, I think everybody needs to cool their jets. No reason to think he won't be 2019 Grundy come next season.
Cool. Thanks for the trigger happy thumbs down. I actually agree completely with you on all those points, but they have nothing to do with how our misfielders are currently rated, by which we can only go on current form. Based on current form from this year, which no doubt AT is being judged, there is simply no way that Grundy would be rated in our top 4 midfielders.

I have no doubt he can and will recapture the form that saw him dual AA in 2018/19.

The evidence is in what the club hasn't said?

The club going about its business quietly is evidence?

Do you understand what evidence means?

BTW, we're a couple of years removed from our list manager being caught jumping a fence at Tom Lynch's house. We've been plenty visible at times and I rather us doing our business quietly.
Since lynch the club has reportedly signed Grundy and Moore on larger contracts lol and maybe daicos has signed or is signing soon after his breakout year on more money ...

Cool. Thanks for the trigger happy thumbs down. I actually agree completely with you on all those points, but they have nothing to do with how our misfielders are currently rated, by which we can only go on current form. Based on current form from this year, which no doubt AT is being judged, there is simply no way that Grundy would be rated in our top 4 midfielders.

I have no doubt he can and will recapture the form that saw him dual AA in 2018/19.
I wasn't aware reacts were such a big deal, I simply disagreed with you lol

Outside of Treloar our Trade Whispers/Talks have gone Dead Quite.

Just hearing that Cox and Phillips could also be Traded but no one coming to Collingwood

Forgive me for wanting a player to nominate us and WANT to play for Collingwood. I don't want a FRINGE player to nominate a viral Victorian club, the deal doesn't go through, then we get him. Sure it will probably turn out fine, but as I said, I want players to WANT to play for our club.
Name one time a player has nominated a club, haven't gotten to them and instead ended up at another club they don't want to play for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back