List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I missed something, but I can't remember Collingwood being fined for salary cap breaches in the last few years?

Can you point me towards the players that Collingwood have been forced to trade in recent years as a result of these cap issues?

Can you tell me which players that the club wanted to keep which they've failed to re-sign as a result of the cap issues?

Can you point me towards some proof of the cap issues?

I can't imagine you'd call someone a conspiracy theorist unless you had more than un-sourced comments from reporters, would you? Anything actually quantifiable?
Look at the salaries of Grundy, Treloar, Moore, Cox's year extension, Phillips and WHE on overs, who knows what Daicos just signed for, Mihocek wants a lot. Anyway obviously I don't have proof because salaries aren't published. I'm not going to argue with you mate. Each to their own, agree to disagree. Or even you win? lol

My point still stands, is it salary cap issues, or our defensive gameplan, or our lack of scoring, whatever it is, I do not believe we will land a big player any time soon

People have short memories.
Treloar's 2016 and 2019 were very very good.

His double hammy was disastrous and has hampered him a bit.

But imo his output next season under normal circumstances would be above the aging Pendlebury and Sidebottom.

I'm still torn on whether he should play for us next season, with his history of debilitating anxiety.

But to suggest he is our 5th best midfielder is absurd.

Last edited:
Buddy is cooked.

He kicked 27 goals 18 behinds in 10 games last year, at 5.5 marks per game.

He might be well below the player he once was, but if he's cooked, our entire forward line should retire right now!

If he can get on the park for 3 quarters of the season, he'll win our goal kicking. We probably shouldn't take the risk though, mind.

Last edited:

Since lynch the club has reportedly signed Grundy and Moore on larger contracts lol and maybe daicos has signed or is signing soon after his breakout year on more money ...

And!?

Am I losing my mind, or does re-signing young, important, core talent a sign that our salary cap management and culture within the playing group is going ok?

So in a nutshell we need a key forward and there’s a plethora available and we’re getting none. We’ve forcibly removed 1 of our best midfielders and probably unsettled the whole playing group, we’re getting rid of Cox and Phillips so we can afford to overpay degoey who no one else wanted. And there’s still a possibility of losing checkers. We’ve moved on our best assistant coaches to keep the boys club together. Our premiership window has just slammed shut. We’re the opposite of a destination club, we need to pay players overs to stick around meanwhile tigers and cats pay players unders for prolonged success. The whole footy department needs an overhaul.

Cooney on trade radio, speculation of course

Blose get Saad and Treloar
Cameron to cats
We get pick 16.

That's a loss for mine for us, not sure how he come to this.
My concern is the way it's played out will lead to us only getting a return such as this

Name one time a player has nominated a club, haven't gotten to them and instead ended up at another club they don't want to play for.
Who said anything about not wanting to play for that club. It's about 1st/2nd/3rd choices. If a player is set on leaving a club, I'm sure he has options in his head, he'll nominate 1 club, it might not work, then ends up elsewhere after a better trade/deal is struck. Has it not happened before? If it hasn't happened before I'd be surprised.

Not here to argue, I just want a player to come out and openly say "make me a Magpie". May not mean anything to you, but it does to me. It's about pride

And!?

Am I losing my mind, or does re-signing young, important, core talent a sign that our salary cap management and culture within the playing group is going ok?
Everything might be a conspiracy to you about the club, many think the media hate us and make up stuff...I rather blame the club incompetence and if the club did good things then I would have no complaints lol

Don't forget Varcoe.

These same people I guarantee said the same about Butler last year.
I got it wrong with Butler but my impression now is Butler was always a good finisher, he just wasn’t needed in side who’s main Goal kickers were Reiwoldt, Lynch and Martin and the small forward that can apply pressure despite we’re more suited like Rioli, Castagna and Bolton. So Butler was always going to look good in a side that relied on him to kick goals.

Higgins looks like more of a pressure forward than a finisher to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Name one time a player has nominated a club, haven't gotten to them and instead ended up at another club they don't want to play for.

Bryce Gibbs.

If he can get on the park for 3 quarters of the season, he'll win our goal kicking. We probably shouldn't take the risk though, mind.

Which is probably unlikely because? That's right, cooked. Hamstrung.

We're finally shedding our injury prone players that struggle to get on the park, let's not recruit more.

So in a nutshell we need a key forward and there’s a plethora available and we’re getting none. We’ve forcibly removed 1 of our best midfielders and probably unsettled the whole playing group, we’re getting rid of Cox and Phillips so we can afford to overpay degoey who no one else wanted. And there’s still a possibility of losing checkers. We’ve moved on our best assistant coaches to keep the boys club together. Our premiership window has just slammed shut. We’re the opposite of a destination club, we need to pay players overs to stick around meanwhile tigers and cats pay players unders for prolonged success. The whole footy department needs an overhaul.

Collingwood don't believe in Key Forwards

If beams, treloar, Reid, Varcoe, Dunn, Phillips etc go how are we not inline for Cameron?
Because Cameron doesn’t want to come to us and let’s face it why would he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back