List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Call me crazy but if we could get Buddy Franklin for one or maybe two years, and with the Swans paying most of his salary, we'd be mad to say no. I know hes old, and as injury problems, but could be a free hit at who i believe is still the most dominant AFL player at the peak of his powers.
And he would get to kick 1000th in pies colours.

Jerry Seinfeld GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

That's professional sport mate.

17 other clubs, coaches, football departments and playing groups, all doing everything in their power to win it all.

The odds are never great in any given year.

But, because we're reasonable adults, we can accept that the club is having a dip, puts us in contention more often than most (often to our own detriment) and unlike other 'big' clubs, we don't have players running for the door.

Nothing is guaranteed. I'm not saying to be patient, I'm saying to use your brain.

Ok so don't be patient because the flag is definitely next year? You did say 'hang in there' in your previous post, hang in there for what? What is it we're all being patient for?

My brain tells me the idea of this competition is to win flags - that's the end game, ask that bloke in your avatar he'll say the same. So we're all being patient, hangin in there for what? Another year of not winning the flag while one of the other 17 clubs does because 'that's professional sport mate'?

Don’t know if it’s been posted but just heard AT wants to stay at the club but live in Bris 3 days a week and go back and forth. Club not happy about the separation there and the increased risk to injuries flying has. They are trying to work it out but they reckon his manager is leaking what they are doing to try and back collingwood into a corner. He won’t be at the club next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mate I'm not catastrophising, I actually believe our list is good, like you.

My point from day 1 is that we are not going to sign a big player, for a number of reasons, but because we have enough top end talent/stars. Moore, Maynard, Crisp, Howe, Treloar, Pendles, Sidey, Adams, Grundy, Stevo, De Goey, Elliott, Checkers, etc are very good players. Having a lot of these good players means you're going to have salary cap issues because you need to pay them well

I believe our bottom end talent, the bottom 6-8 of our 22, is bad, really bad, plain, boring, stale. So focusing on getting rid of these players and bringing in other fringe/cheap players is what I want. But every one of these players gets called sh*t, when we have bottom end players like Mayne, WHE, JT, Wills, Varcoe, Cox, etc all keep getting games. Now don't get wrong, some of these players have been very serviceable and have good games, but they're 1 trick ponies. Mayne is slow and all he does is tackle. WHE is slow, can only lead and mark, he's putrid when the ball hits the deck. Cox is a turtle. Replace them with players that offer us more and we'll improve

Then we're in full agreement.

Have said here a few times we've fallen short because of the lack of depth from 20-30 on the list.

There are times when you need to pull the trigger on a 'big fish' and times when you need to manufacture more depth and make some savvy positional moves.

Reckon we're working way at the latter.

Don’t know if it’s been posted but just heard AT wants to stay at the club but live in Bris 3 days a week and go back and forth. Club not happy about the separation there and the increased risk to injuries flying has. They are trying to work it out but they reckon his manager is leaking what they are doing to try and back collingwood into a corner. He won’t be at the club next year.

That is simply not practical at all.
If true, absolutely absurd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a Chihuahua that likes to bark a lot because he has no strength in anything he says. Maybe his praise for the feeble club overwhelms him to the point of not accepting facts, probably wants to get me removed but I don't care...haven't read the forum rules but I am not free if I am no natural so therefore the twit can do what it likes...

That is simply not practical at all.
If true, absolutely absurd.

Yeah right. But it makes sense of the stalemate. Also how the media have allowed it to become a much bigger issue than is. He obviously loves the pies and of course his fam. I’d want to do the same but it’s just not practical. Hopefully we can work out something for him to move up there happily. If his Mrs could sign on for another year or 2 it would help. Anyway it sound much more civil than the media would like to say it is!

Maybe I missed something, but I can't remember Collingwood being fined for salary cap breaches in the last few years?

Can you point me towards the players that Collingwood have been forced to trade in recent years as a result of these cap issues?

Can you tell me which players that the club wanted to keep which they've failed to re-sign as a result of the cap issues?

Can you point me towards some proof of the cap issues?

I can't imagine you'd call someone a conspiracy theorist unless you had more than un-sourced comments from reporters, would you? Anything actually quantifiable?
Without knowing the exact ins and outs of our salary cap, I reckon James Aish would still be there if it wasn't an issue

Then we're in full agreement.

Have said here a few times we've fallen short because of the lack of depth from 20-30 on the list.

There are times when you need to pull the trigger on a 'big fish' and times when you need to manufacture more depth and make some savvy positional moves.

Reckon we're working way at the latter.

Reckon that's what we need for y'know the end game.

Without knowing the exact ins and outs of our salary cap, I reckon James Aish would still be there if it wasn't an issue

And Jack Higgins wouldn't be being shopped around at the Tiges, or Jordan Clarke at the Cats....its happening everywhere. Unfortunately we're the only club who shouldn't be doing it AND we're the only club that has a Cap issue....

1. Daicos' goal, Sumich's miss

2. The 'Bounce of God'

I will admit though, we are a long way behind in the luck department.

Daicos goal = luck

tenor.gif

Call me crazy but if we could get Buddy Franklin for one or maybe two years, and with the Swans paying most of his salary, we'd be mad to say no. I know hes old, and as injury problems, but could be a free hit at who i believe is still the most dominant AFL player at the peak of his powers.
And he would get to kick 1000th in pies colours.

ok Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back