List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Buddy Franklin trades here are about 5 years too late...
Sydney would need Buddy to put on a Swan costume and run around cheering the players and crowd to improve value on that monstrous and silly contract.... and it still not be enough, he might have to work as commentator for freee for the next 5 years for Swans to justify it.

Still... when on his prime, one of the most exciting players and one of the best. People go gaga over Dustin Martin as a great superstar but the guy's aura and reputation is amplified by playing on a stacked team like the tigers. What I mean is that, Dustin Martin is not on the same level as Gary Ablett Jnr, or even Senior.... nor on the level of Carey, Buddy and other super star greats of the last 20-25 years. Heck prime Buckley, Voss and Risciuto are better players overall.... Dane Swan was better overall... Dustin Martin however is absolute elite in regards to accessing that "final" gear or turbo mode, where he becomes untackable and unstoppable for a burst of time which usually leads to a goal... but in between those times.. he is just a "good" player. So other great players who perform on a higher level more consistently throughout entire portion of games are better overall players.

I'd have Dustin Martin on the Pies any day though, not dissing him... just the amount of praise he got after the grand Final was eye opening. Let's face it... Geelong did not have the proper defenders to match him.... and Cats beating Pies handily in the semi finals is NOT a good feat... nor beating a good but flawed Lions team. Port Adelaide and Tigers were the two best teams overall in that top 4 list.

I cant see how that is sustainable.

It becomes a trade off:
- keeping AT with a reduction in Contract, by say equivalent to the annual part payment we would be offering in a trade, estimated by some at $300k. If this was possible then a lower paid "happy" AT would be an acceptable risk IMO.

- OR trading him but getting unders, which I fear will happen the more this drags on.

It becomes a trade off:
- keeping AT with a reduction in Contract, by say equivalent to the annual part payment we would be offering in a trade, estimated by some at $300k. If this was possible then a lower paid "happy" AT would be an acceptable risk IMO.

- trading him but getting unders, which I fear will happen the more this drags on.
He would have to pay his own air fares, otherwise they would be included in the Cap.

the Buddy Franklin trades here are about 5 years too late...
Sydney would need Buddy to put on a Swan costume and run around cheering the players and crowd to improve value on that monstrous and silly contract.... and it still not be enough, he might have to work as commentator for freee for the next 5 years for Swans to justify it.

Still... when on his prime, one of the most exciting players and one of the best. People go gaga over Dustin Martin as a great superstar but the guy's aura and reputation is amplified by playing on a stacked team like the tigers. What I mean is that, Dustin Martin is not on the same level as Gary Ablett Jnr, or even Senior.... nor on the level of Carey, Buddy and other super star greats of the last 20-25 years. Heck prime Buckley, Voss and Risciuto are better players overall.... Dane Swan was better overall... Dustin Martin however is absolute elite in regards to accessing that "final" gear or turbo mode, where he becomes untackable and unstoppable for a burst of time which usually leads to a goal... but in between those times.. he is just a "good" player. So other great players who perform on a higher level more consistently throughout entire portion of games are better overall players.

I'd have Dustin Martin on the Pies any day though, not dissing him... just the amount of praise he got after the grand Final was eye opening. Let's face it... Geelong did not have the proper defenders to match him.... and Cats beating Pies handily in the semi finals is NOT a good feat... nor beating a good but flawed Lions team. Port Adelaide and Tigers were the two best teams overall in that top 4 list.
Dusty is a champion because he cuts up teams with speed, power, and precision....he doesn't need 30 or 50 touches to cut open an opposition....he is pure silk and a big game player

He is a Chihuahua that likes to bark a lot because he has no strength in anything he says. Maybe his praise for the feeble club overwhelms him to the point of not accepting facts, probably wants to get me removed but I don't care...haven't read the forum rules but I am not free if I am no natural so therefore the twit can do what it likes...
Ohh petal, your parents would be so disappointed if they knew you were behaving like this. Nobody wants to remove you, you provide so much humour. Seriously, I already previously asked you, what class are you in?

Don’t know if it’s been posted but just heard AT wants to stay at the club but live in Bris 3 days a week and go back and forth. Club not happy about the separation there and the increased risk to injuries flying has. They are trying to work it out but they reckon his manager is leaking what they are doing to try and back collingwood into a corner. He won’t be at the club next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If that’s even remotely close to the truth then the club is absolutely right in saying it’s untenable, and I doubt any other Vic club would want to touch him.

Basically his manager said, the pies are more than happy for him to stay, but seems his role on the wing wouldn't be where he would get games. So if Tom wants to play on the wing, he has a decision to make.

Don't know why we are Desperate to Keep Him when he is not Best 22

Basically his manager said, the pies are more than happy for him to stay, but seems his role on the wing wouldn't be where he would get games. So if Tom wants to play on the wing, he has a decision to make.

We are basically telling him--go now because when your contract is up next season---you won't be offered another one.

Are you one of those conspiracy theorists that don't believe we have salary cap issues, and don't believe that we overpay players?

The whole point of going after fringe players is accepting the fact that we cannot land a big fish. Williams and Saad will get like $700k a year MINIMUM elsewhere, if not $800k or 900k. How do you want to get them?

My entire stance is that we can only get cheap fringe players or players who have been pushed out of positions, thus why I get pissed off when people shut down every player linked/mentioned because "THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH".

Richmond had 6/22 of their premiership team players selected as rookies, 1/22 picked up as a delisted free agent, 4/22 taken between picks 30 and 70. There's more to recruitment than just stats and status, overlooked and recycled players can be hugely successful.

Yes I think we're a shambles overall.
I’m not suggesting we get them. I was replying to you saying we will only get players who didn’t nominate us. They were just two examples.

The fact we were heavily linked to Jeremy Cameron suggests to me that if one of those two players was to chose collingwood, that we would be able to bring them in. A situation i would much prefer to bringing in some more fringe trash. That was my point.

No, im not a conspiracy theorists. I have about as much idea of our cap situation as you do - which in reality, is just about Zero.

Your posts make little to no sense when you actually think about them.

You are suggesting picking up average fringe players from other clubs, and then using Richmond as a prime example... and point to how they have used the rookie draft, and late draft picks well. How does that make sense?

Drafting well and picking up recycled players, are two different things. Which fringe players have richmond picked up as of late that have contributed to their 2020 flag? Where is their Jesse Hogan pickup that worked out? Where is their Bailey Dale?

If anything, they have let go of many many fringe players, and nailed the draft, while picking up a couple TOP players from other clubs.

You’ve answered the question with your answer - we need to hit the draft. Not pick up either mentally ill, terrible, and straight up shit players from the fringes of other clubs.

what do you count as best 22? a player that plays every game if fit? Has that not been the case with him for the last few years?

I'm not saying he won't leave, but saying not best 22, there is no evidence to say that. His position has just been overtaken.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ohh petal, your parents would be so disappointed if they knew you were behaving like this. Nobody wants to remove you, you provide so much humour. Seriously, I already previously asked you, what class are you in?
Glad you love me but if you gang up against me with others as a means of needed power then know I will nail you to a fence by your dumbo ears lol

I reckon he is best 22 Dave. Better than Josh Thomas, WHE and the Brown brothers.

what do you count as best 22? a player that plays every game if fit? Has that not been the case with him for the last few years?

I'm not saying he won't leave, but saying not best 22, there is no evidence to say that. His position has just been overtaken.

All 22 might be over the Top but in the AFL side is that yeah you get Picked unless there Injured or in Terrible Form

I reckon he is best 22 Dave. Better than Josh Thomas, WHE and the Brown brothers.

I have WHE and Tyler Brown ahead of Phillips

I’ll tell you next year when a bid is made on him.

No need to be a smart ass mate. Fair enough question. Does it have to be one of our 1st round picks or can we use a 2nd round pick for him? Not sure how it works.

Tyler Brown lol.

I agree but Phillips is ahead of Josh Thomas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back