List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, I’m not sure where else you post, (maybe you can enlighten us).
We all barrack for the same team here and in general terms get along ok.
If that is your MO, please refrain from posting here and take it to the main board where you can take on opposition supporters with gusto.

FYI Gone Critical jathanas Maggie5 Magpie Girl
Fine I knew the fragile folk would win....I am out

the rendell and silvagni slot on trade radio is decent but do you reckon with two relative experts just out of the game sitting next you could damo just shut the **** up? i cant believe he thinks he is knowledgeable enough to answer questions before they've even have a crack. stop elongating words and let the people who have half and idea what they are talking about talk.

Don’t know if it’s been posted but just heard AT wants to stay at the club but live in Bris 3 days a week and go back and forth. Club not happy about the separation there and the increased risk to injuries flying has. They are trying to work it out but they reckon his manager is leaking what they are doing to try and back collingwood into a corner. He won’t be at the club next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

where did one hear or read this?

I’m not suggesting we get them. I was replying to you saying we will only get players who didn’t nominate us. They were just two examples.

The fact we were heavily linked to Jeremy Cameron suggests to me that if one of those two players was to chose collingwood, that we would be able to bring them in. A situation i would much prefer to bringing in some more fringe trash. That was my point.

No, im not a conspiracy theorists. I have about as much idea of our cap situation as you do - which in reality, is just about Zero.

Your posts make little to no sense when you actually think about them.

You are suggesting picking up average fringe players from other clubs, and then using Richmond as a prime example... and point to how they have used the rookie draft, and late draft picks well. How does that make sense?

Drafting well and picking up recycled players, are two different things. Which fringe players have richmond picked up as of late that have contributed to their 2020 flag? Where is their Jesse Hogan pickup that worked out? Where is their Bailey Dale?

If anything, they have let go of many many fringe players, and nailed the draft, while picking up a couple TOP players from other clubs.

You’ve answered the question with your answer - we need to hit the draft. Not pick up either mentally ill, terrible, and straight up sh*t players from the fringes of other clubs.
But we're not going to hit the draft, we are going for a flag, whether you believe we are close or not, the club and Bucks think we are.

Going back to my point, I'd rather pick up a 21 year Higgins, a 25 year old Hogan, a 24 year old Dale, who could mature, improve and grow with the good group of young players we have, then trade out a 1st round pick for somebody like Gunston, who will be 30 years old. Ideally we get rid of the deadwood, hit the draft hard and do a mini rebuild, but we both know that isn't going to happen.

At the end of the day this comes down to opinions, I believe recruiting younger players is the way to go, whether I have the stats to prove that works or not is irrelevant. It's all subjective isn't it? I watch a lot of footy, I like certain players, I feel as though we're missing certain players in our teams, holes to fill, etc etc.

We've failed at picking up players in the draft, we also don't give opportunities to kids, so what do you want to do?

Last edited:
the rendell and silvagni slot on trade radio is decent but do you reckon with two relative experts just out of the game sitting next you could damo just shut the fu** up. i cant believe he thinks he is knowledgeable enough to answer questions before they've even have a crack. stop elongating words and let the people who have half and idea what they are talking about talk.

The Trade Radio is literal dog balls.
Could find out info off Twitter faster than those baboons could give you the inside ‘scoop’.

So where does Phillips go? Seems like Geelong are pretty bullish about getting Isaac Smith. Dees are in the running for Smith but they don't have a lot of trade currency.

Hawks could be the logical choice? Reckon pick 21 is probably overs but they do also have picks 41 and 43.

Saw swoopluke post about Buddy Franklin? Seriously? Have no idea how to react to it.

If this has been covered a heap sorry, been out and about the last two days!

Line 1, word 2 should really leave no question as to what your response should be.

Cryptic clue: You might be left waiting a while for a dance with Asada if you did this mid-week...

Last edited:
Don't take me on because I will destroy you when back on pc....phones and me don't mix lol....i do think you are seriously overstating your ability but I admire your confidence...
Relax snowflake before you have an aneurysm. And if anyone is overstating their ability, it's you petal.

the rendell and silvagni slot on trade radio is decent but do you reckon with two relative experts just out of the game sitting next you could damo just shut the fu** up? i cant believe he thinks he is knowledgeable enough to answer questions before they've even have a crack. stop elongating words and let the people who have half and idea what they are talking about talk.

By two relative experts do you mean one crackpot ex recruiter / talent scout and another angst-riddled and likely still emotionally-scarred ex list boss who bought into the Pratt recycling ethos a little too thoroughly with his recruiting strategy?

I'd be considering the source(s) if I were you.

Just read that Adam Saad and Pick 7 will be involved in the same trade. I fell off my chair.

He wouldnt even be in the top 10 small defenders in the league. Crazy stuff.

I believe everything is black and white, it isn't why I began going for the club as a 10yo thanks to my bro who was once a Richmond fan after the pies and is now a blues fan....I stayed because as I grew I realised everything is actually black or white..I realise intellects tell us everything can be grey and it is how we look at things with no right or wrong....but everything has facts and it depends on us if we like truth or not...sure things can change, like too many eggs are unhealthy due to cholesterol and now our liver produces cholesterol and the eggs provide negligible amounts...but in politics not a lot gets done because ego takes over and truth becomes hard to find....I think the list is weak and yet others believe our list is strong and club reject topups is all we need..is nice in a bubble but has anyone looked at the other lists and the development taking place lol...black and white all the way but the most important cog is honesty...
Good Post, now wasn't that better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So where does Phillips go? Seems like Geelong are pretty bullish about getting Isaac Smith. Dees are in the running for Smith but they don't have a lot of trade currency.

Hawks could be the logical choice? Reckon pick 21 is probably overs but they do also have picks 41 and 43.
Smith isn’t too keen on moving out of Melbourne by the sounds of it. I think it’s Melbourne or stay at the Hawks tbh.

This is just wild capology stuff but given it was reported that we signed Treloar on 700k-ish when we got him, I'm still trying to work out how we're supposed to believe that he's on a back-ended deal worth nearly 900k...

2016 $700,000
2017 $700,000
2018 $700,000
2019 Beams arrives, a couple of others (Langdon etc) earn pay rises. Treloar foregoes 400k a year, down to $300,000
2020 $300,000

Now owed $800k. Extension for some reason still based on a 700k wage despite hamstring injuries in 2018 & 2019... The missing 800 is split between 5 years, so $160k per year.

2021 $860,000
2022 $860,000
2023 $860,000
2024 $860,000
2025 $860,000

Just doesn't make sense...
Exactly. Here's the only article I could find on his original contract. Given it's written by Jake Niall, I believe it. The Age guys don't seem to enbellish in the mayo as HUN or FOX Sports journo's do.

I recall the deal was $4M over 6 years ($670k p.a.). Jake advises over $650k p.a.

Now the media are talking about this back ended deal and he's due $900k in 2021, the last year of his original deal. See we've extended at $800/$900k for another 4 years????? WTF. If it's a salary dump, why the hell are the media suggesting we'll need to pay $200k/$300k per year to shed the salary? Doesn't that negate any salary dump? Crazy shit.

Basically his manager said, the pies are more than happy for him to stay, but seems his role on the wing wouldn't be where he would get games. So if Tom wants to play on the wing, he has a decision to make.

I guess superstar Chris Mayne is too hard to displace

Last edited:
Just read that Adam Saad and Pick 7 will be involved in the same trade. I fell off my chair.

SEN.

Yeah he's not even top 10 in the comp for metres gained and rebound 50s.

Then again, he's literally exactly what the Blues need, run out of half back. Docherty can seagull and kick, the others defend, they just have zero run.

But we're not going to hit the draft, we are going for a flag, whether you believe we are close or not, the club and Bucks think we are.

Going back to my point, I'd rather pick up a 21 year Higgins, a 25 year old Hogan, a 24 year old Dale, who could mature, improve and grow with the good group of young players we have, then trade out a 1st round pick for somebody like Gunston, who will be 30 years old. Ideally we get rid of the deadwood, hit the draft hard and do a mini rebuild, but we both know that isn't going to happen.

At the end of the day this comes down to opinions, I believe recruiting younger players is the way to go, whether I have the stats to prove that works or not is irrelevant. It's all subjective isn't it? I watch a lot of footy, I like certain players, I feel as though we're missing certain players in our teams, holes to fill, etc etc.

We've failed at picking up players in the draft, we also don't give opportunities to kids, so what do you want to do?
Agreed.

We should be picking up players to come through with our next core group Maynard, Crisp, moore, Degoey, Daicos etc

I’d find it hard name 10 better running defenders then Saad.

Not paranoid just enjoy seeing so many folk uptight trying to make the feeble club win a flag lol
I have come to the conclusion that you're either a Richmond supporter parading as a Collingwood supporter in order to toxify this thread, or you're a complete and utter flog. It is also possible you're both. Nearly forgot to add the lol, seeing you like them so much lol

I don't know why you are being so toxic. If multiple media outlets are running with it, it's probably a fair bet that it's happening. Pontificating about it becomes just that - pontificating. Pointless, moot discussion.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well don't discuss it then if you think it's pointless. This isn't a forum dedicated to what you want to discuss buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back