List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ned gave Nothing in that interview.
Though looks likely Phillips and Stevo could go.
No To McDonald
Cox extension (found that strange )

I also think Kelly will be out third tall

The Treloar situation should have been explained better than Ned did.
We want the club to be aggressive in the off season but for me Treloar has put the club first and changed deals up to three times to assist the club and this isn’t the way he should be treated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am upset at the lack of commitment Guy had towards Stephenson. Honestly it feels like this club is about to make a horrible mistake in regards to that kid.

You've gotta ask yourself why he'd be on the table. He's not on megabucks, he's an obvious talent... why would we be shopping him? Would have a lot of questions if we let him go.

My summary after listening to Ned Guy:
- Mihocek and De Goey contracts are pretty much done to re-sign players.
- Treloar, Stephenson, Phillips, 2021 1st Round Pick are on the market.
- Mason Cox to stay and potentially extend his contract.
- Josh Thomas, Will Hoskin-Elliott no interest (yet) from other clubs.
- No to Tom McDonald. Suggests the cap situation is bad.
- Derek Hine rates this draft. Willing to go to the draft if player trades cant be done.
This is a terrible outcome for the club

I'm quite hopeful in that he will be with us next season.
We won't be shipping him off unless any deal is favourable and strongly favourable towards us.
I'm now taking a completely different view about our list next year. Looks like we could end up with 3 or 4 first round picks. As much as I want instant success, the thought of 4 quality players coming in to the team is very seductive

I’m happy with this.

Cameron wants a mill, would likely take two first rounders, no thanks. He got shown up by riccardi in many games this season.
Brown- potential injury issues
Daniher- never gettable- huge salary played 15 games in 3 years? Pass...
Hogan- after beams no thanks
McDonald- cooked, 1 good season, to big a salary.

So realistically much prefer we hit draft. We aren’t winning the big dance next year, revamp for a genuine crack in 2022 onwards

That’s just my opinion anyways 👍
Yeah, I'm leaning towards that also, as I said in another post we could end up with 4 very high draft picks and the excites me

I'm now taking a completely different view about our list next year. Looks like we could end up with 3 or 4 first round picks. As much as I want instant success, the thought of 4 quality players coming in to the team is very seductive

I think we will have at least 3----our current one, our 2021 swapping out for one this year and whatever we get in for Trelaor.

We have less direction than a rudderless ship. In for a world of hurt, looks like another year not getting a key forward, the bloody draft is a chook raffle this year no clear form lines with most prospects and most of the top prospects tied to clubs through academies and or father sons. But yeah let’s hit the draft.

We have less direction than a rudderless ship. In for a world of hurt, looks like another year not getting a key forward, the bloody draft is a chook raffle this year no clear form lines with most prospects and most of the top prospects tied to clubs through academies and or father sons. But yeah let’s hit the draft.

Recruiters dont just assess a draft when the year comes around.
This will be 2-3 years worth of work put into it.
If any recruiter hasn't done this--then they should be sacked.

Recruiters dont just assess a draft when the year comes around.
This will be 2-3 years worth of work put into it.
If any recruiter hasn't done this--then they should be sacked.
No shit but your under 18 year is your most important year that’s when you see prospects rise and fall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps the Cox extension will restructure his next years pay so he can be on less p/y for some longer term security. If so, I'm good with that

I think this is the only reason we'd look to extend his contract now instead of waiting to see what happens. I would hope/expect the AFL would be giving him a decent whack of an ambassador payment as well (unless they've ditched that now).

Also worth noting - although probably obvious - that anyone expecting that we'll trade our 2021 First Rounder into this year (say for the Dogs' Pick 14) shouldn't be too disappointed if we don't.

I would actually expect us to maybe trade it on draft night if there's an offer available and a player there that we want.

Otherwise we hang onto it and trade it next year.

I'm quite hopeful in that he will be with us next season.
We won't be shipping him off unless any deal is favourable and strongly favourable towards us.
I hope you’re right. It sounded pretty awful though.

I hope you’re right. It sounded pretty awful though.

I don't mind the ruthlessness.
As he said we make no apologies for trying to get better.

If Stephenson is with us next season--this may be the leveller he needed.

Jamie Elliott was touring Brisbane facilities this time last year...so lets keep things into perspective.

The only one that is certain to be out the door is Treloar

My summary after listening to Ned Guy:
- Mihocek and De Goey contracts are pretty much done to re-sign players. TICK
- Treloar, Stephenson, Phillips, 2021 1st Round Pick are on the market. TICK, BUT ONLY FOR GOOD DEAL
- Mason Cox to stay and potentially extend his contract. MEAH, DON'T CARE ONE WAY OR ANOTHER
- Josh Thomas, Will Hoskin-Elliott no interest (yet) from other clubs. YET!!!
- No to Tom McDonald. Suggests the cap situation is bad. OR HE IS ASKING TOO MUCH OR HE'S COOKED
- Derek Hine rates this draft. Willing to go to the draft if player trades cant be done. TICK, RATHER DO THAT THAN TRADING CRAP
SEE ABOVE

If that is what a recruiter is hanging their hat on---then they should just resign.
Not sure if you are being serious? If a recruiter places more relevance on what a kid does at 18 they should resign? Makes no sense, they will have there draft order at the start of the year and players will rise and fall on the strength of their performances. Some players mature physically earlier and others later so some stand out more when they are 15/16 and then the gap closes at 17

Can someone explain to me what is so wrong with a forward line made up of Cox, Checkers, Kelly, Elliott, DeGoey, WHE, Stephenson?

if we have a midfield that can actually kick to advantage the forward line is fine. We need to get rid of poor kickers, ie Phillips, Treloar, Greenwood, C Brown.

i maybe foolishly think we have the ammunition. We must need a bit of jigging.

Ned gave Nothing in that interview.
Though looks likely Phillips and Stevo could go.
No To McDonald
Cox extension (found that strange )

I also think Kelly will be out third tall

The Treloar situation should have been explained better than Ned did.
We want the club to be aggressive in the off season but for me Treloar has put the club first and changed deals up to three times to assist the club and this isn’t the way he should be treated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree on Treloar, if he’s moved on it should be with the utmost respect. It’s a business after all and nobody is above the club.

Was happy with everything else he said and the intimation that Phillips and Stevo (our soft underbelly)could be traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back