List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant this years draft. We gave GWS our first rounder.

Actually we traded it effectively for Poulter and McMahon. Think it also allowed to to take McCreery.

here’s hoping but I must say unlike you to jump on the draft bandwagon usually your opposed and contrary to the low pick develop within approach.

Every year I'm opposed to trades, prefer we go to the draft. Not sure where you got that impression.

Maybe my ageing mind is failing me but I’m sure we have had many “discussions” re the value of first rounders and the value of managing ayear like the 2020 season out.

That's about the justification for specific trades. Easy to understand why the club made the trade, just not what I would have done.

Actually we traded it effectively for Poulter and McMahon. Think it also allowed to to take McCreery.
It didn't help with McCreery. We traded other picks up for the pick we used on him.

After a couple more trades of what we got from GWS (which were good trades) we ended up getting McMahon and Poulter and about 400 points in 2021 draft for it.

But you can trade the pick on draft day.

end of day hopefully poults and McMahon end up making it the correct decision

That's it really.

I think it was a terrible trade where we got crap value, but if Poulter becomes a good player - it'll work out a win. I say Poulter and not McMahon as with McMahon it's possible he would have been available for us without the trade.

I'm actually concerned come end of season that some of our regulars who we'd rather not lose could walk. I don't think people realise how much of an impact last seasons off season could have. This could get ugly it really does that a bad smell about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won`t fuss Cox if we don`t offer him a new contract , has a great job offer on big $$$$$ on the table as head Mechanical Engineer with Multi National Oil Company Schlumberger back in his hometown Houston Texas. thanks for your services Mason , been an enjoyable journey
Thats rubbish. The guy has never worked as an engineer and he will struggle to get a job after such an absence, let alone waltz in as "head enginer" (which is not even a title in oil and gas engineering).

Out: Mason Cox

In: 3rd round pick

Free up the senior list spot. Free up some cap. Someone in contention will take a punt on him for that price

Grundy, Cameron, Lynch, Cox... plus ruck pinch hitters like Roughead and Mihocek. How many ruck options do we need?

Mason won’t be a part of the team the next time we are contending. Time to cash in on whatever value he has

Out: Mason Cox

In: 3rd round pick

Free up the senior list spot. Free up some cap. Someone in contention will take a punt on him for that price

Grundy, Cameron, Lynch, Cox... plus ruck pinch hitters like Roughead and Mihocek. How many ruck options do we need?

Mason won’t be a part of the team the next time we are contending. Time to cash in on whatever value he has
I do think Cox is a goner. Cameron's form will be keeping him out of the senior side for some time, and Cox's reserve form has been thoroughly unimpressive for a player who believes he should be paid $500k or so. Happy to see him go. Feel like GWS could be an option

Cox, Thomas, mayne all ooc this season. Decent money freed up there and we have cheap replacements.

where our list is at, sidey and Degoey should be put on trade table. Elliot is always injured and getting older, Howe the same. Our best mid adams is also in that territory... We need to just bottom out completely, bar adams these guys aren’t part of a flag tilt.

Daicos and dib this year. We need more but don’t have picks. of course another list management master stroke our second is tied to the top team dogs.

next year another bottom 4 finish will have access to some talent, and will have plenty of cap space.

2023 is our goal.

Cox, Thomas, mayne all ooc this season. Decent money freed up there and we have cheap replacements.

where our list is at, sidey and Degoey should be put on trade table. Elliot is always injured and getting older, Howe the same. Our best mid adams is also in that territory... We need to just bottom out completely, bar adams these guys aren’t part of a flag tilt.

Daicos and dib this year. We need more but don’t have picks. of course another list management master stroke our second is tied to the top team dogs.

next year another bottom 4 finish will have access to some talent, and will have plenty of cap space.

2023 is our goal.

Yep. Start playing the kids and bottom out 2021/2022 and pick up some top end talent like we did in 2004/2005 and go for a quick rebound. The 5 top 31 picks last year is already a great start plus McCreery. Also need to build around Quaynor, Josh Daicos, Murphy, Kelly as a core young group that's starting to show strong signs.

The core group of Moore, Maynard and JDG is really hurting us at the moment as apart from Moore, they're all playing below expectations. Need them to step up to be leaders now and take the load off Pendles/Howe/Sidebottom group of veterans.

I'm actually concerned come end of season that some of our regulars who we'd rather not lose could walk. I don't think people realise how much of an impact last seasons off season could have. This could get ugly it really does that a bad smell about it.
I’m thinking Darcy Moore could be that one.

I have a couple of requests:

* No more international or cross-code rookies. They have no natural feel for AFL and clog up our list for years as they attempt to learn the game and develop the necessary skills before, ultimately, being delisted. And they contribute to our salary cap problems when they migrate onto our main list on significant money. Some indigenous players would add so much more if invested in for same length of time as our internationals and cross-coders.

* No more utility-types. We have a list full of them! There are so many on our list that would be described as flankers/wingers, without really standing out in any particular position. Versatility is over-rated. For the next 2-3 drafts, we need to concentrate exclusively on pure midfielders, power forwards (think Balta, Naughton) and lightning-quick, instinctive indigenous goal-sneaks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He is contracted
Never-mind then looks like we have a choice. He’s a free agent the year after though? We might be forced to cash in on him this year. If Darcy wants to be a key forward doubt he’ll stay here. He’ll want to move to team that can atleast hit basic targets.

Never-mind then looks like we have a choice. He’s a free agent the year after though? We might be forced to cash in on him this year. If Darcy wants to be a key forward doubt he’ll stay here. He’ll want to move to team that can atleast hit basic targets.
Yep, his deal expires at the end of 2022. Will be very interesting. I hope he stays, as I want him to be our next captain, but could understand him wanting to be in a stronger side than the one we're likely going to be fielding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back