List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Lynch (ADE) has just been delisted.

We were into Gunston last year, who thankfully we didnt take due to his back injuries.

I would take Lynch on a cheap deal, still has 1-2 years of good footy in him & can be a 'break in case of emergency' should anything happen to Miochek, Cameron, etc. Assuming Cox and Lynch are gone at years end

Tom Lynch is one of the smarter leads in the comp. I think he'd be excellent for our ball movement. Comes cheap as a DFA. Gives us coverage for a few years while we seek a more permanent solution. All while our younger forwards get to learn from a cagey vet. I think Lynch makes a lot of sense.

With Max Lynch signing today, Tom Lynch is now a moot point.

Can't see us bothering now.

Why? They play different roles. I don't reckon Max is signing on as a forward nor would Tom be as a ruck.

Tom Lynch is one of the smarter leads in the comp. I think he'd be excellent for our ball movement. Comes cheap as a DFA. Gives us coverage for a few years while we seek a more permanent solution. All while our younger forwards get to learn from a cagey vet. I think Lynch makes a lot of sense.

I like the idea of our younger forwards learning from him but I’d hate to see him play before Henry.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like the idea of our younger forwards learning from him but I’d hate to see him play before Henry.

Yeah it's a good point. I was thinking more before De Goey. De Goey to stay as a permanent mid. It also lets WHE stay put on a wing. Cameron, Mihocek and Lynch as talls. McCreery, Elliot, Henry in support. Given our likely draft hand I think this is the sort of move that improves us within our means.

I'm also hoping that Adelaide poster has it right and we haven't forgotten about Stengle. I reckon a dynamic crumber would be pretty handy. Some moves to give us more quality forward options would be welcome.

I'm also hoping that Adelaide poster has it right and we haven't forgotten about Stengle. I reckon a dynamic crumber would be pretty handy. Some moves to give us more quality forward options would be welcome.

He was delisted 7 months ago for constant highly unprofessional behaviour and we overlooked him only 2 months ago in the MSD despite having a free hit at the very end of the draft... Can't see what would change 3 months later.

He was delisted 7 months ago for constant highly unprofessional behaviour and we overlooked him only 2 months ago in the MSD despite having a free hit at the very end of the draft... Can't see what would change 3 months later.
The club flew him over for an intervention didn’t they? If he was close to getting picked up in the MSD why would change three months later?

We probably overlooked him because this year is a dead year, no need to secure mature age talent in the short term so securing Begg was the priority and it’s likely because we knew he’d be available at the end of year.

Totally agree. Not sure where he fits with Cameron, Mihocek and Henry. Yes he plays high half forward but that's too many talls I think.

Would only say yes if he plays wing and as somebpdy already posted, I think Hosk has performed reasonably well in that role last 10 or so weeks.

Save whatever few pennies we have for a rainy (hopefully sunnier) day

No need to go all smoke and mirrors straw man when Pyke is the problem.

Under his watch Adelaide went from a grand finalist to a complete and utter shambles as a direct result of a number of actions he oversaw and they're still dealing with the repercussions years later

He might have a sharp tactical mind which would be perfectly suitable for an assistant coach going forwards, but I don't want the bloke anywhere near our club in a senior coaching capacity after the the mess he left behind him at the Crows.

I’ll take his proven sharp tactical mind over an infinitesimal risk that Pyke hasn’t learnt his lesson, and will repeat past mistakes.

Lynch had a couple of good games. He might have gotten more chances elsewhere but I can't think of a single team where he would not be a backup ruckman right now. GWS would be the closest I guess.

Is Thomas out or contract? Don't think his form warrants an extension.
I saw in one of the daily's he started contract negotiations, he knows his position, he'll take peanuts to stay.

Not in the modern game, poor disposal skills will stop you from ultimate success, don't kid yourself.

Pretty comfortable the players are a lot less concerned about on field errors in the context of these discussions than some supporters. Every player makes a blue. Every player understands the pressure out on the ground. I’ll back them to understand what they want in a captain. Tay Tay the front runner to replace Pendles when that time comes IMHO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patrick is actually quite a good kick. It's just that trying to kick at the speed he is going is iffy! Always said he should slow down before he kicks. :rolleyes:

Adams is actually quite a good kick too. It’s just that he tries miracle passes under immense pressure all too often.

Pretty comfortable the players are a lot less concerned about on field errors in the context of these discussions than some supporters. Every player makes a blue. Every player understands the pressure out on the ground. I’ll back them to understand what they want in a captain. Tay Tay the front runner to replace Pendles when that time comes IMHO.
We can make all the excuses in the world but nobody would be more shattered at his disposal than Adams himself, it would kill him when he lets the team down, I don't question anything else about him, his work ethic is exemplary, but in a ruthless sport you can't let sentiment prevail and part of leading is consistent excellence, not sucking the wind out of games.

I don't melt - you must have someone else in mind.

If we do go with Pyke then I'll disagree with it, shrug my shoulders and move on (hoping he doesn't fu** things up at our club like his did at the Crows).
I don't think they'll go with Pyke. With such a young list, player management should trump tactics for now and he's got big question marks regarding player management.

The last paragraph sounds like Malthouse’s game plan.

I suppose it is a bit - I did like Mick.

But for us, Mick didn't coach much against zones. I didn't pay attention to what he did at Carlton. for us his boundary line game was more about us predictably going to the boundary line and getting their first on the attack but also a good defensive position as well.

With a defence set, they're trying to force you into going long down as they have set up an advantage there, but why do teams always concede the advantage there. We've got control of where we are going to kick it, why don't we get numbers there and have the numerical advantage? One of the classic tactics in other zoning sports is to pick a point of the zone and overload it. But I haven't seen it in AFL.

Last edited:
Actually she has done some Jobs in the Media

Last Few Years her Info has come to be Proven Correct

Spot on TD. Paige has carved out a nice little niche for herself.. She has established some decent industry contacts and her webpage and draft reporting are quite good, if not impressive!

I’m not sure why she gets such a bum wrap on BF…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Spot on TD. Paige has carved out a nice little niche for herself.. She has established some decent industry contacts and her webpage and draft reporting are quite good, if not impressive!

I’m not sure why she gets such a bum wrap on BF…

I believe that would make this an interesting test case then. I’m a doubter. She’s very much like Tony Sheehan they throw enough darts and eventually get the 180.

With Faye and Begg joining us in the past two months, the value being placed on good state league ruckman and our complete dearth of tradeable assets (now that JDG has extracted the digit) it makes no list management sense to re-sign Lynch.

I believe that would make this an interesting test case then. I’m a doubter. She’s very much like Tony Sheehan they throw enough darts and eventually get the 180.

With Faye and Begg joining us in the past two months, the value being placed on good state league ruckman and our complete dearth of tradeable assets (now that JDG has extracted the digit) it makes no list management sense to re-sign Lynch.

I Certainly don’t doubt that particular statement.. I’m with you and Apex on this one. I can’t see him getting anywhere enough game time behind Grundy (insert Grundy trade speculation here) and his value right now will probably be at it’s zenith whilst in a Collingwood guernsey.

What Paige does have, is industry contacts - in particular with the younger players at the Collingwood FC.

I don't think they'll go with Pyke. With such a young list, player management should trump tactics for now and he's got big question marks regarding player management.

My thoughts exactly. Not really sure who is best fit but hiring Pyke would leave me feeling a little uneasy in the pit of my gut.

Not saying he wouldn't pan out or be a good coach necessarily, but there is some (known) risk there based on his past history that I find it hard to dismiss out of hand the way some others are able to do here.

I know that there's a counter argument that other candidates may bring similar (or different) risks, but those risks haven't been realised in such an acute manner as the issues with Pyke have and thus fall more into the realm of speculation.

Last edited:
Adams is actually quite a good kick too. It’s just that he tries miracle passes under immense pressure all too often.

Unfortunately this year the brain fades have started creeping back in regularly as well. Tay Tay has also gone back to giving away his feet far too easily in contests, which leaves us a man down at the stoppage almost every time he goes to ground. Kinda getting over seeing rushed underground handballs as well, but he's not the only culprit there.

Give me 2018-2019 Taylor Adams with his improved disposal in general and yes, I'd be fine with it even if he does turn the ball over biting off more than he can chew at times. If it's 2020-2021 Taylor Adams though then he's not exactly going to be leading from the front if it he is missing targets and/or turning the ball over 10-15 times a game.

Still can't fault his effort f course, but imo a captain who is supposed to lead from the front needs to be better with the ball in hand.

I Certainly don’t doubt that particular statement.. I’m with you and Apex on this one. I can’t see him getting anywhere enough game time behind Grundy (insert Grundy trade speculation here) and his value right now will probably be at it’s zenith whilst in a Collingwood guernsey.

What Paige does have, is industry contacts - in particular with the younger players at the Collingwood FC.

As an alternative perhaps it could nod toward our future KPF stocks I mean that is the only way it makes sense (insert Grundy trade speculation here).

The reality is one of Cameron or Lynch is surplus to needs (or else they’d both be playing currently) and with Cameron a capable forward and Lynch the opposite it makes no sense to extend Lynch with the information we currently have available. The flip side is that Cameron’s trade value is much greater than Lynch’s so a scenario where we go full noise at Ben King and Cameron is the collateral damage makes some sense. In that scenario I can see Lynch getting game time, but I can’t while both Grundy and Cameron are fit.

Unfortunately that’s a 100-1 shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back