List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo maybe clubs need to be looking at some NQR forwards who are brilliant marks but inconsistent goal scorers as options at the draft for HBF.

I think when clubs draft a medium marking forward, they have it mind that usually he can become a medium defender if he doesn't become the exception who cuts it up forward. Heaps of them transition that way.

With the talks of Carlton targeting Riccardi and Cerra, on top of their re-signings and recruits over the last 1-2 years, surely they must be feeling the salary cap pressure.

I wonder if it's an opportunity to lure one of their young talents away from them. Brodie Kemp would be one I would strongly target, dealt with a few injuries since being drafted at the end of 2019, OOC at present and is a 193cm, explosive mid/fwd who was compared to the Bont in his draft year.

With the talks of Carlton targeting Riccardi and Cerra, on top of their re-signings and recruits over the last 1-2 years, surely they must be feeling the salary cap pressure.

I wonder if it's an opportunity to lure one of their young talents away from them. Brodie Kemp would be one I would strongly target, dealt with a few injuries since being drafted at the end of 2019, OOC at present and is a 193cm, explosive mid/fwd who was compared to the Bont in his draft year.

Carlton like the Old Brown Paper Bag ;)

Spot on TD. Paige has carved out a nice little niche for herself.. She has established some decent industry contacts and her webpage and draft reporting are quite good, if not impressive!

I’m not sure why she gets such a bum wrap on BF…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ahhhh that will be the long history of reporting rumours, and stuff she just made up, as fact. That gets old really quickly, and people have long memories because they’re passionate about their footy teams.

All this talk about Lynch and Cox is a little premature.
If there is going to be a trade, so be it. But we have no idea at this stage what this could look like. Just wait and see what happens.
By all means p

All this talk about Lynch and Cox is a little premature.
If there is going to be a trade, so be it. But we have no idea at this stage what this could look like. Just wait and see what happens.
By all means put forward your thoughts on trades, but I don't thin we should be making "that’s ******* dumb" comments just yet.

Did you miss my use of the word potentially? The so be it attitude saw us lose Stephenson, Treloar and Phillips for a pittance left us stuck with Grundy on one of the worst contracts in league history and signing the likes of JT, Steele and Beams on ridiculous contracts. We need to be better and while the language is flowery that’s how sick I am of the club making silly decisions.

that's crazy, how do they keep getting players year after year. Cerra, Z Williams Saad Jack Martin Our last recruit was D Cameron 2 years ago.

Brown Paper Bags and Jobs at Visy ;)

***Cough, cough brown paper bag cough, cough***

I don't think Lynch's rumoured contract extension means anything for Grundy. We need him as ruck depth behind Gryndy/Cameron until Begg is ready.

If I was Lynch I'd definitely be going elsewhere though.

But I mean if you traded Grundy to North for Pick 1...
I’d prefer to trade Grundy to be honest. Bang for bucks you just don’t get it from ruckman in today’s game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Max Lynch stoppage stats and disposal stats courtesy of AFL Stats Pro.

No, look everyone ... you are right. Lynch dominated his two games as solo ruck and we should trade Grundy, yep let's go for it.

I'll just leave this here.

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 2.47.29 pm.png Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 2.49.36 pm.png

Yellow = average
Orange = below average

But do remember he beat Gawn so we better make him #1.

Also, don't forget he stands at a massive 200cm. Huge for a ruckman.

When he plays within his limitations he is OK, sometimes he thinks he is better than he actually is.

I like that he’s the most consistent in the team at taking the riskier options, but they’re considered riskier options for a reason. You only have to read these boards to understand how people feel about players who always take the safe option so the angst over someone at the other end of the spectrum just doesn’t gel. The hacked kicks out of congestion on the other hand…

Matt Crouch likely to explore his options as a RFA

I think when clubs draft a medium marking forward, they have it mind that usually he can become a medium defender if he doesn't become the exception who cuts it up forward. Heaps of them transition that way.

I think both Johnson and Begg were taken as forwards who could also play in defence. McInnes another who played forward and defence before getting midfield opportunities. In terms of replacing Howes marking, I’ll watch Johnson’s development with interest.

Just a couple questions in trade chat from Fox foothy today

How does Collingwood possibly get Nicky Daicos?
They need to find a way. Will load up on draft points and go bang.

Greetings the great Thomas, what's the latest on Brayden Maynard & Sam Weideman?

BM: Won't be extending his deal until a new coach arrives. A free agent at the end of 2022 so alongside Moore and De Goey is part of this 'pre-agency' crew. Re SW: Hasn't resigned, can't get a game.... Surely another club comes for him. Not sure Pies can afford him.

Hi Tom, any truth to the Brayden Maynard to the dees rumours? Also, any chance we can try and target one of Sydney’s youngsters due to their salary cap squeeze i.e. oli florent to help with the outside run and ball use

Have heard that but not sure if it's as set in stone as what others say. Lots of clubs looking at Sydney's salary cap closely now. Dylan Stephens is gettable.

If reports are true and pies are looking to offload another player which one do you expect it to be
Well they will have Mason Cox off their books which will help. I think Maynard is the most likely. Would be a huge call to offload a Howe, Sidebottom type.

Happy to keep Lynch.. he is obviously good back-up for ruck though i think he is no chance of ever becoming a dangerous forward. His ruckword and exceptional stamina for his size are his greatest tricks at this stage.
Maybe the idea behind re-signing him is to prevent him falling out of contract and walking away for peanuts. Ie, we paid quite a hefty price for Darcy Cameron and, cough, Sam Murray even though they had barely been heard of outside the Swans. If some club wanted him badly enough we can play hardball if he is signed up.
You should probably actually check the cost of the Cameron trade before labelling it hefty.

‘Almost free’ would be a more accurate description of what he cost us…

Just a couple questions in trade chat from Fox foothy today
That’s some A grade shit stirring there, saying that offloading Howe or Sidey is a bigger call than moving on Maynard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back