List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an alternative perhaps it could nod toward our future KPF stocks I mean that is the only way it makes sense (insert Grundy trade speculation here).

The reality is one of Cameron or Lynch is surplus to needs (or else they’d both be playing currently) and with Cameron a capable forward and Lynch the opposite it makes no sense to extend Lynch with the information we currently have available. The flip side is that Cameron’s trade value is much greater than Lynch’s so a scenario where we go full noise at Ben King and Cameron is the collateral damage makes some sense. In that scenario I can see Lynch getting game time, but I can’t while both Grundy and Cameron are fit.

Unfortunately that’s a 100-1 shot.

I reckon Lynch offers dedicated ruck back-up. It means if Grundy goes down we don't need to change our forward structure by shifting Cameron into the ruck. There's value in that. I'm easy either way with Lynch, happy if he stays and happy if he goes as long as we get something back.

As an alternative perhaps it could nod toward our future KPF stocks I mean that is the only way it makes sense (insert Grundy trade speculation here).

The reality is one of Cameron or Lynch is surplus to needs (or else they’d both be playing currently) and with Cameron a capable forward and Lynch the opposite it makes no sense to extend Lynch with the information we currently have available. The flip side is that Cameron’s trade value is much greater than Lynch’s so a scenario where we go full noise at Ben King and Cameron is the collateral damage makes some sense. In that scenario I can see Lynch getting game time, but I can’t while both Grundy and Cameron are fit.

Unfortunately that’s a 100-1 shot.
Depth.

But to me if he has trade value (I have no idea about that) he was the best way to get points. Perhaps they have a better idea.

Happy to keep Lynch.. he is obviously good back-up for ruck though i think he is no chance of ever becoming a dangerous forward. His ruckword and exceptional stamina for his size are his greatest tricks at this stage.
Maybe the idea behind re-signing him is to prevent him falling out of contract and walking away for peanuts. Ie, we paid quite a hefty price for Darcy Cameron and, cough, Sam Murray even though they had barely been heard of outside the Swans. If some club wanted him badly enough we can play hardball if he is signed up.

Happy to keep Lynch.. he is obviously good back-up for ruck though i think he is no chance of ever becoming a dangerous forward. His ruckword and exceptional stamina for his size are his greatest tricks at this stage.
Maybe the idea behind re-signing him is to prevent him falling out of contract and walking away for peanuts. Ie, we paid quite a hefty price for Darcy Cameron and, cough, Sam Murray even though they had barely been heard of outside the Swans. If some club wanted him badly enough we can play hardball if he is signed up.
Paid a hefty price for Cameron? We gave syd pick 56 for Cameron and pick 62. Cameron has been a great pick up for his price. Murray was a disaster

Also might not be getting lot of Interest from other Clubs

I reckon Lynch offers dedicated ruck back-up. It means if Grundy goes down we don't need to change our forward structure by shifting Cameron into the ruck. There's value in that. I'm easy either way with Lynch, happy if he stays and happy if he goes as long as we get something back.

Which is fine if we didn’t have a dearth of tradeable assets which is currently the case (Lynch aside).

Cox is also a better option as ruck back up given his age so he can bridge the gap between the loss of Lynch and the emergence of Faye/ Begg plus he has forward play. I’m certain a club will take a punt on Cox, but it won’t be for anywhere near the value I’d place on Lynch.

Put me in the “not happy if he stays” basket unless we’re making a move which means Cameron is expendable. It seems so many on here, like our list management group, have no clue what to do with our ruck stocks. It’s just another heart over head decision…

Depth.

But to me if he has trade value (I have no idea about that) he was the best way to get points. Perhaps they have a better idea.

Cox is smarter depth now he’s off his big money. It would be such a Collingwood play to let him leave for nothing and sign Lynch when he has value. If you’re looking at it from a value proposition we’re losing Cox at his lowest value and potentially signing Lynch at his highest. When your talking depth that’s ****ing dumb.

Last edited:
We can make all the excuses in the world but nobody would be more shattered at his disposal than Adams himself, it would kill him when he lets the team down, I don't question anything else about him, his work ethic is exemplary, but in a ruthless sport you can't let sentiment prevail and part of leading is consistent excellence, not sucking the wind out of games.

Nah, give me the best person for the job, warts and all.

Cox is smarter depth now he’s off his big money. It would be such a Collingwood play to let him leave for nothing and sign Lynch when he has value. If you’re looking at it from a value proposition we’re losing Cox at his lowest value and potentially signing Lynch at his highest. When your talking depth that’s ******* dumb.

It's a good point. For next year, I definitely agree with you, as he gives us depth in two different roles rather than just one.

I suppose the advantage of Lynch is longer term potential. They may also think that he wouldn't attract the value that we think he would attract, or that he may attract even more value in the future. I'm not too fussed either way. Hopefully they've got an alternative plan to bring in extra points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best need to be. But I have a different perspective of the value of the best KPFs than you. I think they're overvalued in terms of draft pick, trade price and salary cap. I think teams are better off with a gun mid and a solid KPF, rather than the other way around. So I don't mind that we haven't spent our early picks on potential gun KPFs. It's not having picked up more than one solid one in Mihocek that is the issue for me.

No reason you can't get both a gun midfield and have a gun KPF with the right recruiting and a bit of luck.

I dont see it as an or situation. Many drafts to build it.

It's a good point. For next year, I definitely agree with you, as he gives us depth in two different roles rather than just one.

I suppose the advantage of Lynch is longer term potential. They may also think that he wouldn't attract the value that we think he would attract, or that he may attract even more value in the future. I'm not too fussed either way. Hopefully they've got an alternative plan to bring in extra points.

That has to be the kicker if rumour is fact. The ruckman market is currently strong and Lynch is the best state league option going, IMO, so I’d be surprised if the club didn’t think he had value. I mean why else would they potentially offer him a deal good enough to keep him? Whilst I’m in the not happy bracket I should stress that it’s because of the strategy rather than the decision in isolation. I thought we’d be better under Wright, but this is potentially a very poor start on that front.

I’m on the McGovern train BTW. You aren’t bringing him in for the same reasons Carlton did or at the same price it’s last chance saloon type stuff for him and the McGovern sticky hands and kicking is an infinitely better option than Jake Kelly for instance.

That has to be the kicker if rumour is fact. The ruckman market is currently strong and Lynch is the best state league option going, IMO, so I’d be surprised if the club didn’t think he had value. I mean why else would they potentially offer him a deal good enough to keep him? Whilst I’m in the not happy bracket I should stress that it’s because of the strategy rather than the decision in isolation. I thought we’d be better under Wright, but this is potentially a very poor start on that front.

I’m on the McGovern train BTW. You aren’t bringing him in for the same reasons Carlton did or at the same price it’s last chance saloon type stuff for him and the McGovern sticky hands and kicking is an infinitely better option than Jake Kelly for instance.

I like the Macgovern call - Is he a good field kick - I don't really have a take on his field kicking. If Adelaide's Tom Lynch's can still run, I'd be keen too, despite his age.

Is no where near it aerially to replace Howe or play reading imo.

No medium defender is going to fully replace Howe in the air. He's the best the game has seen in terms of medium defenders in the air.

Could Ruscoe get to say a Langers level in the air in a few years time- probably not, I haven't really got a take, but the club have made a couple of comments that make me think they think there's a chance.

No medium defender is going to fully replace Howe in the air.

Could Ruscoe get to say a Langers level in the air - probably not, I haven't really got a take, but the club have made a couple of comments that make me think they think there's a chance.

Maybe not to Howes level but at least strong over head Nd being able to time the peel or beat out fwds.

Imo maybe clubs need to be looking at some NQR forwards who are brilliant marks but inconsistent goal scorers as options at the draft for HBF.

Which is fine if we didn’t have a dearth of tradeable assets which is currently the case (Lynch aside).

Cox is also a better option as ruck back up given his age so he can bridge the gap between the loss of Lynch and the emergence of Faye/ Begg plus he has forward play. I’m certain a club will take a punt on Cox, but it won’t be for anywhere near the value I’d place on Lynch.

Put me in the “not happy if he stays” basket unless we’re making a move which means Cameron is expendable. It seems so many on here, like our list management group, have no clue what to do with our ruck stocks. It’s just another heart over head decision…

Cox is smarter depth now he’s off his big money. It would be such a Collingwood play to let him leave for nothing and sign Lynch when he has value. If you’re looking at it from a value proposition we’re losing Cox at his lowest value and potentially signing Lynch at his highest. When your talking depth that’s ******* dumb.
All this talk about Lynch and Cox is a little premature.
If there is going to be a trade, so be it. But we have no idea at this stage what this could look like. Just wait and see what happens.
By all means put forward your thoughts on trades, but I don't thin we should be making "that’s ******* dumb" comments just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back