List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knightmare or anyone else.. im at risk of sounding possibly repetitive and likely downright stupid.. but why not look at Sam Petreveski Seton? Most games I've seen played he seems pretty decent

Knightmare or anyone else.. im at risk of sounding possibly repetitive and likely downright stupid.. but why not look at Sam Petreveski Seton? Most games I've seen played he seems pretty decent

WA boy, known to be a lackadaisical trainer and player, all the talent in the world but upstairs is where the issue may lay. I think he'll be thrown as steak knives to get Cerra to Carlton unfortunately.

I think in the right system he would flourish, as you said he is decent and he has pace and good foot skills.

WA boy, known to be a lackadaisical trainer and player, all the talent in the world but upstairs is where the issue may lay. I think he'll be thrown as steak knives to get Cerra to Carlton unfortunately.

I think in the right system he would flourish, as you said he is decent and he has pace and good foot skills.
Dammit. WA really need another team

Details please.

- Josh Caddy thinking about move to fourth club.

- Nathan Kreuger weighing up his options for next season.

- Willi Rioli signed for 1 year and staying in Perth the whole off season except for the break where he'll go back to Darwin to see his wife and kids. Liam Duggan also staying at the West Coast.

- Bulldogs looking for a second ruck and also looking to square away English on a new deal.

- Multiple clubs looking at Harry Edwards, but West Coast unlikely to let him go.

- Multiple clubs looking at Talia, including Richmond. Talia feels he still has several good years in AFL left in him. Essendon and St Kilda might also be in the market for an experienced key defender.

- Aaron Hall set to sign a new deal with North.

- We have approached Tapping about coming back as an assistant coach, but Brisbane have also tabled a new offer for him so he has a difficult decision to make.

- Suns considering making an offer to Luke Parker but will likely pass due to $$$ as they want to attract KPF support for Ben King. Swans cap is up shit creek without a paddle.

That pretty much covers it.

This is what worries me. Nothing screams to me he is going to be the KPF we need so would rather take a wait and see approach instead of filling the list with speculative picks - we have enough of those.
Darcy Cameron has turned out Ok. As long as we don't give away the farm for him, I think he's a good pick up.

The ones that broke my heart that day were the Pies players kicking down the line to contests instead of icing the clock in the last two minutes… Maxy didn’t play that day, and we lacked leadership on-field.
And that Rocca free that shouldn't have been and Fletcher got paid 50 on top. Goal there and game over

- Willi Rioli signed for 1 year and staying in Perth the whole off season except for the break where he'll go back to Darwin to see his wife and kids. Liam Duggan also staying at the West Coast.

- Bulldogs looking for a second ruck and also looking to square away English on a new deal.

- Multiple clubs looking at Harry Edwards, but West Coast unlikely to let him go.

- Multiple clubs looking at Talia, including Richmond. Talia feels he still has several good years in AFL left in him. Essendon and St Kilda might also be in the market for an experienced key defender.

- We have approached Tapping about coming back as an assistant coach, but Brisbane have also tabled a new offer for him so he has a difficult decision to make.

- Suns considering making an offer to Luke Parker but will likely pass due to $$$ as they want to attract KPF support for Ben King. Swans cap is up sh*t creek without a paddle.

Cox or Lynch to the dogs for Lipinski.

Moore in present terms is worth far more if you just look at ability alone. However,

- McDonald plays a more valuable role
- Moore has severe durability issues (so his impact per season takes a discount)
- It's 5-6 years of service from Moore vs 9-11 from McDonald
- McDonald is much cheaper in terms of salary over the next few years, which fits our salary cap structure (allows us to survive during the period where we pay for Treloar/Phillips)
- Even if we get a dream scenario and get pick 1 for Moore (highly unlikely but anyways), there's no guarantee we can find a KPF to the quality of Mcdonald in a standard draft

If McDonald for Moore is offered I'm taking it.
Add Stephens in and I'd do it

You got me except the third of his wage, I would offer 20% of his salary as a sweetener, but we can only dream

Agree, one third is probably too much. That kinda shows how bad the contract is. For example if Josh Kelly or Coniglio were traded, would GWS be expected to pay their wage.

Jesse Hogan yesterday on radio mentioned that Mumford is on his very very last legs. During the week his body is cactus pretty much.

So surely Grundy / Goldstein would be viable options for them.

Dom Tyson played less than 100 games for Melbourne and is now basically out of the afl system at the age of 28. I'm pretty confident Poulter will give us a better return than that. Seriously take a step back and see if anyone is excited by the the proposition of trading a pick 2, 20 and 74 for a Dom Tyson, pick 9 and 53.

You're not looking at our pick 2 trade in totality. We didn't just give it up for 24, 30 and a future 4th. We had other trades lined up to give us effectively 3 second round picks in Poulter, McMahon plus the points equivalent of pick 20 in this year's draft. You're also ignoring the reality of our situation where we had Daicos coming in at pick 1 this year and were actively shedding salary cap rather than trying to get big name players in. We couldn't just trade pick 2 for two lower round 1 picks as most clubs would look to do as one of them would be eaten up by Daicos and you just end up with a lower round 1 pick anyway. Not that different to having two mid second rounders where we identified Poulter as a top 20 talent.

Could we have gotten something potentially better if we kept our pick 2 this year? Maybe. Could we have been worse off with our bargaining position keeping it this year and trading it last minute? Potentially. Would we have gotten something significantly better in a trade outcome? No. Even though the worst case scenario happened and we fell completely down the ladder and the pick ended up being a pick 2 vs the predicted pick 8-12, our downside case isn't that bad and Poulter/McMahon plus 2nd round points is still arguably a better outcome than anything we could get this year. So it was definitely the right decision at the time.

Anyway I'm tired of going over in circles with this. You can rue the prospect of missing out on a Dom Tyson whilst I'll get excited by the potential in Poulter and McMahon.
Christian Salem (Pick 9) says "what about me"

Agree, one third is probably too much. That kinda shows how bad the contract is. For example if Josh Kelly or Coniglio were traded, would GWS be expected to pay their wage.

Jesse Hogan yesterday on radio mentioned that Mumford is on his very very last legs. During the week his body is cactus pretty much.

If we were trading Grundy (which is just stupid) to the Giants I’d be asking for Hopper or Green, Riccardi and Flynn back as compensation, no thanks to pick 2. Minimum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Suns considering making an offer to Luke Parker but will likely pass due to $$$ as they want to attract KPF support for Ben King. Swans cap is up sh*t creek without a paddle.

The dogs section was elite - English will hold off on talks until next year given his season hasn’t been anywhere near what it looked like when he and Stef Martin smacked up Brodie Grundy in Round 1

Pwooooooooaaaar.

He would come cheap via any trade no doubt.
Its a pretty easy solution for him....stay behind Cameron, Hawkins and Esava...or come and play Senior footbsll and show everyone what you can do and make a name for yourself in the big time.
He did the loyalty thing last year...And still didn’t feature this season.
It’s time for a change son.

Pruess Flynn Briggs

Oh.
Serious.
Um okay.

He has done plenty.

Averages 20 disposals. 38 tackles in 8 games. Averages about 7 inside 50's and can kick a goal or so.

In the VFL has kicked a few goals. Has impressed everyone.

Was all Australian U16.

Was included in the AFL U19 National championship team. That doesn't happen if you are not any good.

his last game earlier this month.;

" Had a huge start to the game where he racked up a ton of the ball and seemed to be involved in every play. His quick hands and size enabled him to win a fair amount of free kicks for over the shoulder, and he was able to set up a couple of scoring opportunities, including a first quarter goal to Luke Kelvie. Laying more tackles than anyone else on the field (10), Dib’s pressure remained consistent throughout the match, even when he faded in the second half. He still had plenty of inside 50s early in the piece, and was able to worry the opposition with his mix of offensive and defensive traits. "

Let’s fact check this. Bearing in mind these are NAB league numbers not national championship numbers.

Possession average: 20 v an actual of 13
I50 average: 7 v an actual of 3

Tackle numbers align and I guess if by “can kick a goal” you mean once every 4 matches with only 2 this year then yes I suppose he can kick a goal. Yep he was an AA two years ago which is an eternity in COVID times. Selection in the vic metro squad indicates he’s one of the best 40-50 kids in the state not the draft.

Who are you quoting? That could quite honestly be you judging by the wraps you have on him.

And aside from what Jen said... he’s also in Twomeys draft team of the year

So there a fair chance he’s been noticed and go top 50-60 in the draft... especially if for the second year in a row recruiters have little NAB footy in Vic to have a broad talent pool

Twomey’s draft team of the year carries as much weight as yours or my opinion. It does at least suggest though that he’s one of the few AFL quality small defenders in the draft.

To reiterate at this time he’s only rated on here because he’s aligned to us.

Last edited:
He would come cheap via any trade no doubt.
Its a pretty easy solution for him....stay behind Cameron, Hawkins and Esava...or come and play Senior footbsll and show everyone what you can do and make a name for yourself in the big time.
He did the loyalty thing last year...And still didn’t feature this season.
It’s time for a change son.
Debuted this year. Played the only 2 games in his career, in round 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back