List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was that the game in 2019 vs the Dogs @ Marvel, he tore us a new one, hit every kick, 30 odd disposals and kicked a goal. This kid is good.

Be nice if they wanted Mason Cox.

They might. Cox can play forward, English can go back into the ruck more full time with chop outs from Cox. With Bruce going down for 12 months they definitely need some more tall support up there for Naughton. Cox can provide that fwd support better than what Lynch could.

Just get the feeling that McRae might want to hold on to Maso on a 1 year deal. They seem to have an existing good working relationship and reckon Cox would like to play under him.

They might. Cox can play forward, English can go back into the ruck more full time with chop outs from Cox. With Bruce going down for 12 months they definitely need some more tall support up there for Naughton. Cox can provide that fwd support better than what Lynch could.

Just get the feeling that McRae might want to hold on to Maso on a 1 year deal. They seem to have an existing good working relationship and reckon Cox would like to play under him.
Coxs papers ares stamped unfortunately for him.

They've also lost faith in Stef Martin.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey lads, have a lot of family that go for the Pies so for that reason I want Lipinski to go to your club and not to Carlton.

He's a good midfielder, his strengths are his ability to get the ball, he is clean and smart.

I think his weaknesses are that he doesn't really do a lot the other way, isn't the greatest defensive runner, and I get the feeling he doesn't love to get his hands dirty.

The positives far outweigh the negatives and I think he will be in your starting midfield for sure, at very little cost. Not entirely sure we can ask much for him. A ruck would be nice, but I don't know if Cox is the answer.

Yeah if a player isn't involved I would offer a future 2nd at most. If they want more the PSD is the back up. We would just need to make sure that North have their eye on someone else.
We shouldn’t be offering 2nd rounders for other teams depth players.

Hey lads, have a lot of family that go for the Pies so for that reason I want Lipinski to go to your club and not to Carlton.

He's a good midfielder, his strengths are his ability to get the ball, he is clean and smart.

I think his weaknesses are that he doesn't really do a lot the other way, isn't the greatest defensive runner, and I get the feeling he doesn't love to get his hands dirty.

The positives far outweigh the negatives and I think he will be in your starting midfield for sure, at very little cost. Not entirely sure we can ask much for him. A ruck would be nice, but I don't know if Cox is the answer.
McRae will change that hopefully. Drill the defensive side to him in. Or at least Leppa will.

Reckon they might prefer Max Lynch but Cox makes sense too with a swap of future picks
But the salary I think dictates some lateral moves losing Sier becomes more likely and to some extent I think Rantall too
Incoming mids - Daicos and Lepinski
Outgoing mids - Sier and Rantall
By the same token Outgoing KP project - Tohill, Incoming - Schlensog/Kreuger
would Geelong entertain a Cox for Kreuger swap also
I dont think we have $$ for name players but from McRaea's press conference one of the first things he mentioned was winning the contest
Dunstan would make sense as an extractor while Adams rests, at 26 is still in the right age bracket that fill a need with minimum draft capital
I expect GW/CM to use pick 2 to get someone uncontacted, I haven't seen anything mentioned but Chol could be a sneaky twist if we move Cox and Lynch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks. Does Patty have foot speed? Is evasive? Should we be more interested in Johanissan?

Lynch is the ruck you should ask for. Not Cox.

Thanks. Does Patty have foot speed? Is evasive? Should we be more interested in Johanissan?

Lynch is the ruck you should ask for. Not Cox.
I think JJ is definitely quicker and is more evasive but Lipinski has far more up side. If he fixes his defensive game I genuinely feel like he could be a top 20 mid in the game.

My personal opinion on defensive running is that is a great ability for a player to posses. Obviously a player whom can do it on both ends is amazing. However, if a player is great offensively, I don’t mind if he’s not *amazing* defensively.

IE if you’re more than likely to hit someone on the chest I50 - less likelihood there’s a turnover - reduce the amount of times you need to run into your back 50.

Lip for Lynch would be fair imo. Both depth at their current clubs, both potentially starting 22 at their new club.

Current delistings - Who is worth picking up for a free hit?
Adelaide: Tom Lynch, Daniel Talia.
Carlton: Levi Casboult.
Essendon: David Zaharakis.
Fremantle: Brett Bewley, Reece Conca, Taylin Duman, Stefan Giro, Leno Thomas, Tobe Watson.
North Melbourne: Taylor Garner, Connor Menadue, Dom Tyson, Will Walker.
Richmond: Patrick Naish.
St Kilda: Luke Dunstan, Shaun McKernan.

MAYNARD THRILLED WITH NEW COACH CALL
Brayden Maynard is thrilled with the Collingwood appointment of Craig McRae and determined to help him rise up the table despite chatter about the defender’s future at the Pies.

Maynard is going nowhere despite list managers asking about his future after a couple of reports mid-season about his status.

The Pies star, who took on big jobs on marking forwards to show his versatility in the back end of the year, has a season to run on his deal before becoming a free agent.

Those talks will likely ramp up over summer but Maynard has become one of those heart-and-soul Pies who will be the bedrock of the club’s next chapter of success.

He turns 25 in coming weeks and has has missed just six games in the past six years.

But he isn’t in any particular hurry to give away his free agency rights given the Pies self-confessed cap issues.

Collingwood players cannot wait to get invested in McRae’s particular brand of team building.

A series of one-on-one meetings with the new coach will help decide the futures of a number of in-limbo players including Mason Cox, Brayden Sier and Josh Thomas.

McRae is intent on meeting with his players to get a sense of their capabilities and potential as he charts a path forward for his new club.

Cox was told in his exit meetings he wouldn’t be guaranteed a spot so he should look around in case an offer does not come.

Clearance beast Sier is in the same position, hopeful of another contract. But he played just seven games this season for 28 in total after an integral role in the Pies’ 2018 grand final run.

Thomas is waiting for another contract despite 20 games this year for 12 goals and 266 possessions.

Football boss Graham Wright made clear again this week the Pies were close on Scott Pendlebury’s deal on either a two-year contract or a one-year plus trigger clause deal.

Wright has said the club still has salary cap concerns to work through bu they would need a similar remedy to last year’s trade period.

At this stage their only big draft investment will be Nick Daicos, so the Magpies will have to become inventive with some Essendon-style late pick swaps if they want to bring in more young talent.

Collingwood had some interest in Richmond’s Patrick Naish last year but at this stage won’t be making a play for the delisted Tiger.

My personal opinion on defensive running is that is a great ability for a player to posses. Obviously a player whom can do it on both ends is amazing. However, if a player is great offensively, I don’t mind if he’s not *amazing* defensively.

IE if you’re more than likely to hit someone on the chest I50 - less likelihood there’s a turnover - reduce the amount of times you need to run into your back 50.

It’s the opposite in club land because of grid defences. Clubs would prefer guys that burn the ball over guys that allow holes in the zone. I think it’s easier to work on skill execution personally because it’s easier to get a guy like Adams to handball more often than it is to get a guy like Murphy to run faster for longer.

Last edited:
Our entire club has had history with Cox. That's not a reason to retain him. I doubt McRae thinks like that either.
when he was asked , he immediately deferred to GW about Cox
I think it's pretty obvious he's been replaced by Cameron

Am I wrong when I look at Lipinski and see what Bianco will become in 2-3 years?

Steady by foot and hand, not overly-gifted with pace, decent vision.

I'm not opposed, but he doesn't look like he'd fill a list hole for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back