List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Butler or George could help us land a gun young mid like Cerra, then we would be mad not to entertain it.

Baker with another pre season could replace one of them or the addition of Cerra just allows us to release another mid forward.
Butler and George are lightning quick and have huge aerobic capacity, which combined makes them key weapons in our pressure game. Baker will never be able to match them in either department.

????
Our premiership side was based around our defence and our Big 4.
The other three were the icing on the cake that every premiership side needs.
Our premiership side was based around many things, including the manic pressure of our lightning quick small forwards.

Baker just needs a big preseason this year and could play the role IMO. Already playing better VFL footy than either of the other 2 were in 2017.
Baker can't play George's role or Butler's role. Simply not quick enough.

I think you mean 2016, and I think you'll find George in particular played some great VFL footy - high possession, multiple goal games in the midfield.

Been hearing at work that Sam Murray from Collingwood has either requested a trade or is up for trade.

Personally, he is a poor mans Adam Saad so I wouldn’t be interested.
Hasn’t been there long so it’s a curious situation.
Did you mean Ahmed? :D

Jeez I really think people are overrating Butler here. I really like him, but come on, when our best 22 is fully fit he is surely in that 18-22 range. Even when he was playing this year a lot of people on here called for him to be dropped. I’m not saying I don’t rate the guy but I think he is far from a lock in the 22, and I seriously doubt he would be rushed in for the finals at the expense of say Higgins who has been performing and can run through the middle as well as kicking goals. Obviously the club would like him fit and if there’s an injury to a mid or one of the other smalls he could come in.
Having said all that, I also don’t think we’d be looking to trade him- or that he would be looking to leave. He’s picked when fit and plays at the club with his best mate, is from Victoria, why would he want to?
Also next year will be playing along side tom Lynch which is what this thread is about thereby keeping this post on topic

Butler and George are lightning quick and have huge aerobic capacity, which combined makes them key weapons in our pressure game. Baker will never be able to match them in either department.

Our premiership side was based around many things, including the manic pressure of our lightning quick small forwards.

Baker can't play George's role or Butler's role. Simply not quick enough.

I think you mean 2016, and I think you'll find George in particular played some great VFL footy - high possession, multiple goal games in the midfield.

Given Bakers recent and rapid progress I think you are wrong.

Granted Baker doesn't look super quick but the club keeps saying he is.

I also think Butler is overrated.

Given Bakers recent and rapid progress I think you are wrong.

Granted Baker doesn't look super quick but the club keeps saying he is.

I also think Butler is overrated.
I'm not wrong, you are. I have not heard anyone from the club say he is super quick. He doesn't even look quick at VFL level.

Butler kicked 30 goals last year. That's not insignificant. 30.13. He's a polished finisher, we need that.

Granted at face value Baker doesn’t “look” quick, he’s not exactly slow either lookin at his draft combine numbers. And in terms of Aerobic capacity, he was in the top 10 in both the beep test and 3km time trial in his draft combine so I don’t think he can’t match them in that department. He was also 2nd in the goal kicking test so probably ahead of Castagna at least there lol. He could very well replace either of them with another pre season.
Is Tom Lynch quick?

Granted at face value Baker doesn’t “look” quick, he’s not exactly slow either lookin at his draft combine numbers. And in terms of Aerobic capacity, he was in the top 10 in both the beep test and 3km time trial in his draft combine so I don’t think he can’t match them in that department. He was also 2nd in the goal kicking test so probably ahead of Castagna at least there lol. He could very well replace either of them with another pre season
What are his draft combine numbers? It doesn't matter if he's "not slow", we're talking about a role for the super quick, which he's not.

Castagna blitzed the combine, I'd bet all his results were better than Baker's. We've seen Baker's goal kicking in match conditions. It's shit.

I'm not wrong, you are. I have not heard anyone from the club say he is super quick. He doesn't even look quick at VFL level.

Butler kicked 30 goals last year. That's not insignificant. 30.13. He's a polished finisher, we need that.
Only 22 years of ages aswell. Will only get better.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What are his draft combine numbers? It doesn't matter if he's "not slow", we're talking about a role for the super quick, which he's not.

Castagna blitzed the combine, I'd bet all his results were better than Baker's. We've seen Baker's goal kicking in match conditions. It's shit.
Alright mate, not disagreeing with you just saying I wouldn’t rule him out as never being able to replace one of them. Butler was on the list for a full 2 years before he played a senior game, Baker has come off the rookie list and gotten games in a side that’s just won the flag. Give him time. He can improve his speed and goals will come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright mate, not disagreeing with you just saying I wouldn’t rule him out as never being able to replace one of them. Butler was on the list for a full 2 years before he played a senior game, Baker has come off the rookie list and gotten games in a side that’s just won the flag. Give him time. He can improve his speed and goals will come.
I like Baker, but he's a mid, not a small forward. Speed can be improved somewhat, but not to the extent that a bloke of average pace becomes lightning quick.

Butler was perennially injured in his first two years. He was the same age last year as Baker is this year.

2 years but was hampered by injuries.

I know that a couple of years back when Butler was injured and couldn't get on the park the coaches still thought pretty highly of him and were itching for him to get a decent run at it.

Its not just what he has done last year but with super skills and speed its also the potential of what he may become.

No, your opinion is different, dont be that guy, you are better than that.

I like Butler, but lets not talk him up as some gun which he is not.

C'mon, all our players are superstars and world Gold and Jewels in any trade.
If they are staying they're really solid role players that overperform due to our system and culture.

Get it right! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back