List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have no idea on this and I know I will look silly asking so no shitty comments needed please, but if we lose all of our players for nothing (Conca, Ellis, Miles, Lloyd, Stengle etc), how the heck do we recruit more through the draft as we wont be getting any picks in exchange for them. If we are just giving away players, how do we bring in kids? Do we plan on recruiting through state leagues? We would be better off keeping some of them if we are getting nothing as they are at least VFL players who can come in if we get desperate.

Like I said, I have NFI but need to ask why we would let them all go for nothing. I know they are not in our future but shit, Hawks traded out their duds in their premiership years and got returns yet it seems our duds are worthless.

We will be one less small in our setup , George needs to go back to vfl and be in Liston fav form before he’s even short listed , as does graham. We can’t carry players that get 3-4 kicks a game when their direct opponents get 35-40 our standard needs to be higher
Our standard has indeed slipped a little. Last year the player that averaged little disposals remained in the side for their elite pressure. This year some players did not have a lot of disposals, did not bring elite pressure and still remained in the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the right price he might be worth a punt. Dusty had a few bad years at the start of his career, but the tigers straightened him up. PP will be an absolute gun if he committed himself properly

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Dusty had a few bad years off field but on field he was a gun with very obvious qualities. Spp is a spud who kicks like he has never seen a footy and his only asset is his strength

Our standard has indeed slipped a little. Last year the player that averaged little disposals remained in the side for their elite pressure. This year some players did not have a lot of disposals, did not bring elite pressure and still remained in the side.
Yep. They remained, most likely in the hope they would come goo, I guess.

I have no idea on this and I know I will look silly asking so no shitty comments needed please, but if we lose all of our players for nothing (Conca, Ellis, Miles, Lloyd, Stengle etc), how the heck do we recruit more through the draft as we wont be getting any picks in exchange for them. If we are just giving away players, how do we bring in kids? Do we plan on recruiting through state leagues? We would be better off keeping some of them if we are getting nothing as they are at least VFL players who can come in if we get desperate.

Like I said, I have NFI but need to ask why we would let them all go for nothing. I know they are not in our future but shit, Hawks traded out their duds in their premiership years and got returns yet it seems our duds are worthless.

I’ll have a go at answering mate. These players over the past two years have had very little senior opportunity and need to look elsewhere to play regular AFL. Its not us pushing them out but we respect what they have done for us and agree they will get more opportunity elsewhere.
Conca- we will get nothing for but we have Lynch coming in for nothing, so big win for us.
Miles and Corey Ellis- we are blessed if reports are true and they go to the Gold Coast because we will get better picks from them than if they chose elsewhere due to the amount of high picks they will have.
Lloyd would get us a later pick if he goes.
Stengle would get us something too as we would happily keep him.
No doubt our depth will take a hit but you can’t keep depth forever and I back our recruiters in to draft well, which will help us long term even it effects our depth short term. I do agree that it should be a priority to get some experience into the VFL program though to help develop our younger guys, whether this is through the drafts or VFL program time will tell. But I am confident the club understands the importance of a good VFL team to help develop the young guys. You can’t have a team of blokes under 22 in the vfl or they will get pumped and lose their self belief. The club will know this and will try and keep the VFL program as strong as possible.

For most of these players you mentioned we will be getting a 2nd or 3rd round pick and could use in the draft, a lot of young quality players could still be recruited later in the draft, ie. J Graham at 54. If we trade or delist 5 players on our list we still need to bring in 5 to replace them. Lynch is one and hopefully someone like Crouch another. Whatever list spots left will either go to the draft or pre-season draft. Although they are good players they can be replaced.

Well people we have just over 24 hours of our Premiership year remaining. ....so let’s enjoy!!! It has been an awesome year in which we added the minor premiership to our trophy cabinet. Thanx for the ride Tiges...I had a blast. Nothing can beat our against the odds win last year. Still watch our finals run on YouTube weekly. Everything that could go wrong last week did so. That said...I remain super optimistic about about the future. We will bloody hungry next season.

Bring it on... Carn Tiges

****** up trying to play short and houli in the back line, it moved McIntosh to a wing and bellis out of the side. Made us too small down back and McIntosh got lost at times on the wing.
Hope they only play one of short/ houli qnd 2 of mcintosh/bellis/broad/grigg and bring in garthwaite and balta.
This. I thought Shorts form dropped as soon as Houli returneed to the side but up til then Short was playing too good to drop so they squeezed them both in and it didn't work
Short will replace houli imo not menadue or markoff

It has been an awesome year in which we added the minor premiership to our trophy cabinet.
Our loss makes the year sort of not awesome. The minor premiership means nothing without an actual premiership to go with it.

Just my opinion.

I’ll have a go at answering mate. These players over the past two years have had very little senior opportunity and need to look elsewhere to play regular AFL. Its not us pushing them out but we respect what they have done for us and agree they will get more opportunity elsewhere.
Conca- we will get nothing for but we have Lynch coming in for nothing, so big win for us.
Miles and Corey Ellis- we are blessed if reports are true and they go to the Gold Coast because we will get better picks from them than if they chose elsewhere due to the amount of high picks they will have.
Lloyd would get us a later pick if he goes.
Stengle would get us something too as we would happily keep him.
No doubt our depth will take a hit but you can’t keep depth forever and I back our recruiters in to draft well, which will help us long term even it effects our depth short term. I do agree that it should be a priority to get some experience into the VFL program though to help develop our younger guys, whether this is through the drafts or VFL program time will tell. But I am confident the club understands the importance of a good VFL team to help develop the young guys. You can’t have a team of blokes under 22 in the vfl or they will get pumped and lose their self belief. The club will know this and will try and keep the VFL program as strong as possible.

Thank you - makes sense!

For most of these players you mentioned we will be getting a 2nd or 3rd round pick and could use in the draft, a lot of young quality players could still be recruited later in the draft, ie. J Graham at 54. If we trade or delist 5 players on our list we still need to bring in 5 to replace them. Lynch is one and hopefully someone like Crouch another. Whatever list spots left will either go to the draft or pre-season draft. Although they are good players they can be replaced.

Thanks! I thought for a while that we would get a big fat zero for these players so was wondering how the hell we could fill our list. Happy to hear we may get something.

I wonder if Conca would say (even though Freo don't need to) to Freo that he wants the club to get something for his move - given we have stuck by him over the years and given him a spot on the list even when he possibly didn't deserve it at times. I understand we are getting Lynch but to lose someone like Conca who can get a senior game and who knows, may have improved next year given an injury free run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back