Strategy Trade and List management (Add your rumour to the simmering stew that is the post season. Edition.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t be surprised if Lib retires at the end of the season.

I love preseason predictions.

I reckon the strike rate is less than 10 per cent, but you can't lose.

If he does retire you say 'told ya so' if he doesn't, it's 'I didn't say he would, I just said don't be surprised'.

Bring on preseason predictions 2018.

If he does retire you say 'told ya so' if he doesn't, it's 'I didn't say he would, I just said don't be surprised'.

Bit like all the "experts" that tipped us to lose all 4 finals in 2016. They all still kept their jobs. If I kept getting things wrong in my job I would eventually be moved on.

Feel free to do so, free speech and all that.
People are allowed to be sceptical and/or disagree with you as well.
If he does give it away hopefully he has an alternative source of income.

Pretty bizarre thing to say. He's probably got enough money saved that he can do whatever he wants for a while without having to worry about it. He obviously won't be making what he made as a footballer but if his heart's not really in it then I'd rather he go.

Seems like it wasn't just a prediction out of someone's imagination, but an impression given by the subject concerned. Having said that, a lot can happen between now and then so we shouldn't panic or shoot the messenger yet.

Pretty bizarre thing to say. He's probably got enough money saved that he can do whatever he wants for a while without having to worry about it. He obviously won't be making what he made as a footballer but if his heart's not really in it then I'd rather he go.
No idea how much money he has but pretty sure he will need to find a job eventually if he decides not to continue playing football.

Seems like it wasn't just a prediction out of someone's imagination, but an impression given by the subject concerned. Having said that, a lot can happen between now and then so we shouldn't panic or shoot the messenger yet.
Don't think there is any panic. He is a premiership player, we don't have many of them, and a son of a former gun, if he retires, then we move forward without him.

Cool guys, more than happy to not pass on the info next time I have a beer in his company.

Your information is very much appreciated by most on here Lindsay, as is the info provided by others closely associated with players. I think the negative responses relate more to the possibility of losing Libba rather than the posting. Keep posting mate.:thumbsu:

No idea how much money he has but pretty sure he will need to find a job eventually if he decides not to continue playing football.
Depends. I know for a fact that he plans to go off the grid when he retires, don’t think you’ll be seeing much of him once that happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t be surprised if Lib retires at the end of the season.
It wouldn't surprise me if any player with other interests or a passion for things other than football retired mid 20s. The scrutiny through conventional and the relatively recent social media platforms is excessive and intrusive. I could imagine a few might get to the point where they think you couldn't actually pay me enough to put up with it.

It wouldn't surprise me if any player with other interests or a passion for things other than football retired mid 20s. The scrutiny through conventional and the relatively recent social media platforms is excessive and intrusive. I could imagine a few might get to the point where they think you couldn't actually pay me enough to put up with it.

Libba might have achieved everything he's wanted with football as well.

Libba might have achieved everything he's wanted with football as well.
That was my thinking with why his form dropped off this year. He didn’t have the carrot of breaking a premiership drought in front of him.

We’ll see how he goes in 2018. Hopefully for us he’s found a new carrot to chase.

Your information is very much appreciated by most on here Lindsay, as is the info provided by others closely associated with players. I think the negative responses relate more to the possibility of losing Libba rather than the posting. Keep posting mate.:thumbsu:

I didn't slam the post about Libba potentially retiring, just said I hate preseason predictions because most of them are just p***ing in the wind and turn out to be garbage.

Spot on. I can't see him walking in to a high paying rep/sales position after footy which many players do.

I believe what Gilbee says is true but I reckon he'll change his mind or he was pretty jolly after a few beers at the time.

The way he's had a real crack this pre season also suggests he's planning on giving a bit more on the field in the future so I reckon he'll be at the club in 2019.

honestly if he hung it up

he'd be a moron. The pay is unbelievable.

So when are we getting linked to toby greene coming over in 2019

Mid season I reken

honestly if he hung it up

he'd be a moron. The pay is unbelievable.

So when are we getting linked to toby greene coming over in 2019

Mid season I reken
More to life than money and Footy.

As for libba’s after Footy career, are people assuming he doesn’t have any other options because he is a footballer? Didn’t he score high 90s in his VCE ? he’ll be right in life after Footy when ever that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back