Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A draftee is not going to help our key position deficiencies during 2016 or 2017
So we have less that than a day to pull something slick
hmmm.. nostradamus. We currently have pick 11. 2009 a bloke went around that pick...The 2011 nab rising star was who again?

In all seriousness, we've got two pretty good young players in the role and the best half back line in the game, we need depth in the area but we don't necessarily need to go and recruit Alex Rance. That can be a draftee with a big body to fight it out with Cordy in the 2s, and even a mature ager.

Just relax though

I agree but I don't think there is much out there we can pry out of their club
Who do u suggest?
Exactly MD. I asked the same thing and he said that's not our job. And when I raised the possibility that our list managers had gone through every list and hadn't found anyone, he stated that if that was the case then the list managers should be fired.

Exactly MD. I asked the same thing and he said that's not our job. And when I raised the possibility that our list managers had gone through every list and hadn't found anyone, he stated that if that was the case then the list managers should be fired.

Well I can pick a player out and say lets get him anyone can.

Ok I pick Hurley and Josh Kennedy.

Doesn't mean we can get them.

The fact we are chasing Kps mean they are hard to get and the positive is we haven't thrown money at someone just to make a signing but I still admit I would have liked more action

I've said it a few times but if we can add a mature state league guy like Hartley and then a draftee in Collins or Coughlan, we will be in decent shape. Those three aren't skinny, undeveloped projects who will take 3-4 years before they can play in the 1's. Sure they will be young and inexperienced, but Bev has shown he has no problem playing kids and trusting in them to learn on the job. Coughlan may end up at GWS now but it's still no certainty, he is another year older at 19 and has had some good experience training with us and playing in the VFL and could give us some depth games next year if we need them. Collins is already built like a bull and Hartley is matured aged, right size and could play from round 1 if he shows he is up to the pace.

These aren't guys we will necessarily need to play every week and rely on to win us games, just depth backman who could give us some time in the backline we won't be getting from Talia next season. Roberts, Hamling, Morris, Roughy, Cordy and then hopefully 2 of Collins / Hartley / Coughlan. Sure we would love another gun 25 year old CHB in there that suits our club's requirements and standards, but there aren't any available right now.
I'm really keen on Skinner at our second, if we could get any two of: Collins at our first, Skinner at our second, Coughlan at our third I'd be happy.

Wow.. a few on here seem to be lost from the Tigers thread... eating their own...

Same team boys..

A few more going for the Mark Stevens... 'just like I broke' award when nobody actually cares...

Fact is.. nobody on this thread knows what will go down tomorrow.. we are just having a bit of banter about our views on list gaps and potential plugs to them.. lets keep to the code of conduct boys..

I'm really keen on Skinner at our second, if we could get any two of: Collins at our first, Skinner at our second, Coughlan at our third I'd be happy.
Our last skinner didn't end up that great in zephi! Hope this one does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow.. a few on here seem to be lost from the Tigers thread... eating their own...

Same team boys..

A few more going for the Mark Stevens... 'just like I broke' award when nobody actually cares...

Fact is.. nobody on this thread knows what will go down tomorrow.. we are just having a bit of banter about our views on list gaps and potential plugs to them.. lets keep to the code of conduct boys..

Just black pup in a dress mate

I actually think Lobbe will move now, not sure if it will be to us but I hope we don't pay overs for him.

In a weak draft we have to keep 11 imo

A draftee is not going to help our key position deficiencies during 2016 or 2017
So we have less that than a day to pull something slick
Who would you go after? I'd actually like to hear who you think the club should target. Personally outside of Henderson and Carlisle who would fill that hole we have in defense and who was gettable with what we have? Yeah you said there is up and coming defenders that we should be targeting, but how do we get them? We don't have a great amount of disposable currency on the list and most guys that you would target eg. May, Pearce, Tomlinson etc. are worth quite a bit to their respective clubs and so the asking price is incredibly high.

Wait a year and target someone coming out of contract. We need depth in defense for next year we don't need to throw everything at someone just yet.

For Christ sake what is the point of targeting a list clogging key back just for the heck of it ?
If you want an idiot , you target Carlisle and if you want a young key back with potential Tomlinson's out of reach . The club will go draft IMHO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would you go after? I'd actually like to hear who you think the club should target. Personally outside of Henderson and Carlisle who would fill that hole we have in defense and who was gettable with what we have? Yeah you said there is up and coming defenders that we should be targeting, but how do we get them? We don't have a great amount of disposable currency on the list and most guys that you would target eg. May, Pearce, Tomlinson etc. are worth quite a bit to their respective clubs and so the asking price is incredibly high.

Wait a year and target someone coming out of contract. We need depth in defense for next year we don't need to throw everything at someone just yet.
Carlton got plowman for a can of coke
Now plowman is no super star but a player of his ilk would have give us some depth and he was rated highly as a junior - a reasonable replacement for talia at any rate
Our recruiters are asleep at the wheel

Now plowman is no super star but a player of his ilk would have give us some depth and he was rated highly as a junior - a reasonable replacement for talia at any rate
How many neafl games have you seen him play yebiga????

How many neafl games have you seen him play yebiga????

I don't think these Melbourne lads get it Fronk.

I've seen some NEAFL curtain raisers prior to Swans games, and you've seen quite a few. The standard is rubbish, so if you don't look good in those games, you're not very good at all.

I don't think these Melbourne lads get it Fronk.

I've seen some NEAFL curtain raisers prior to Swans games, and you've seen quite a few. The standard is rubbish, so if you don't look good in those games, you're not very good at all.
Plowman, lamb and Phillips have all been with GWS for a number of years and are all contracted. So A) the club have had plenty of time to assess them up close and B) they're under no obligation to trade them whatsoever given they're contracted, let alone for a packet of chips.

So what does that tell us about how highly GWS think of them??

Also completely supports what I was told by a GWS assistant. That SOS is utterly pig headed and can never admit he's made a mistake. GWS more than happy to see the back of him.

Yebiga, plowman is shit. The club aren't asleep at the wheel.

Is there no love for Tommy? He's improved year on year and big fellas can take time. Personally the only concern is a back up but I guess f we can't offload Minson then he's the back up and can play 2's. For a rest big Jack can take a load. Prefer Boyd not do a lot but could chop out for some of the forward contests

Or maybe Plowman didn't want to go anywhere other than Carlton.

Is there no love for Tommy? He's improved year on year and big fellas can take time. Personally the only concern is a back up but I guess f we can't offload Minson then he's the back up and can play 2's. For a rest big Jack can take a load. Prefer Boyd not do a lot but could chop out for some of the forward contests
There's a whole thread of love for BTC. I'm backing him in, and I think Beveridge is too.

May there be much more of this in the future:
391387-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back