Strategy Trade and List Management thread 4 (Be sure to huddle around your transitor radio at 11 am Edition)

Is the Stringer situation beyond repair?

• The club clearly want him out the door.

• This was just a shot across Jakes bow as a means of motivating him.

• The club is clearly a rabble. Sack Macca!

• This is just the first play in massive trade that we are not yet privy to.

• This is a game of blink and Jake and Conners just blinked.

• Its time to move on a negotiate the best deal we can.

• I felt sad for Jake on that stage today.

• We've warned you about creating polls Norm!

• The Jack 'Armageddon option' Watts option

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demonstrate that footage of the game where Roughead beat Stefan Martin.

I struggle to comprehend how you think that was the case. He absolutely annihilated us in round 5, and did a similar yet slightly less convincing job later in the year.
Watch the last quarter. Martin was getting the ascendancy until Roughead was put back in the last ten minutes where we didn't look like losing another clearance.

I was at both games and clearly Martin was easily the best big man on the ground round 5 universally named in people bests(except yours).
At the Brisbane neither ruck had much influence. The fact that Martin had it more means he could not been shaded by Roughead.

Obviously you don't like Martin, can't admit your wrong here or just don't like to proven wrong by me.
At what stage did I disagree with you about round 5?
My contention was always Roughead beat or at the least broke even with him in the latter game when played head to head.

Maybe in your haste to "prove me wrong" you might want to read what I wrote.
I don't dislike Martin I think he's a very accomplished ruckman who is showing signs to be soon past his peak. You may disagree but so far you have not given me a convincing case that I'm wrong in my view.

Last edited:
Martin had nothing to do with Brisbane running us close in Round 5. We smacked them around the ball but got hit hard on the counter while pressing too high.

Was no different the last time we met. The impact of ruckmen is overstated, particularly given Roughead's penchant for curbing the influence of big names.

No way!
A fat cat, who gets over fed by an old granny would work harder than Jaksch.
His family are Blues through and through, yet he won't work hard enough to stay on their list. Wasted talent.

Needed a year or 2 in the VFL getting paid a normal salary to see if he has the hunger for professional footy. Think if he goes straight to a 3rd club to get paid well and do **** all that will be the end. Sometimes they turn it around when they realise how badly they stuffed up. Or maybe he simply doesn't give a crap and wants to do something else with his life. Either way I'd be steering clear (reluctantly :( )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So $3-3.2 million over 4 years??

Would be a bold move, not for or against it, just throwing out what a deal might look like.
I thought Kreuzer failed a medical with us two years ago?

Stats are much like yourself a tool.
The inform an argument they aren't the argument. Unfortunately to understand this you require nuance you don't seem to possess.
Ahh who is the beaten man now!
Not once have stooped so low with abuse to you here like that in this debate.

I apologise for poor English at times, not checking what I've written, not reading others post through properly. I jokingly say a drugs comment, I admit was harsh and should have detracted. Nothing to do with you but you like you use it ammunition against me. Good for you.

Admit you were wrong and move on rather than abuse people.

You need to relax.
I said that there have been signs this year of a drop off in form. I take a keen interest in Brisbane and have noticed Stef labouring more this year and being beaten by some pretty ordinary competition including our own Roughead.
You may disagree but acting like an incredulous dick doesn't make you right.
You are entitled to your opinion which i respect. I don't respect that just because people disagree with you that you resort to the lowest common denominator, abuse (incredulous dick).
I feel you are completely off the mark. You have no support to back up your view other than the fact that you seem to dislike him; which is your prerogative.
I watched quite a few Brisbane games and other than the form of Zorko and the development of Hipwood the thing that stood out to me was the form of Martin throughout the year. I remember thinking jealously of Brisbane that they had been able to have a quality ruck and we were premiers and basically had spuds as ruckmen.

Ahh who is the beaten man now!
Not once have stooped so low with abuse to you here like that in this debate.

I apologise for poor English at times, not checking what I've written, not reading others post through properly. I jokingly say a drugs comment, I admit was harsh and should have detracted. Nothing to do with you but you like you use it ammunition against me. Good for you.

Admit you were wrong and move on rather than abuse people.
I have a long memory Chops oops I mean Ernie.
You have abused me before. I have no respect for you and honestly don't really care what you think.

I wasn't wrong by the way. Have a lovely day.

You are entitled to your opinion which i respect. I don't respect that just because people disagree with you that you resort to the lowest common denominator, abuse (incredulous dick).
I feel you are completely off the mark. You have no support to back up your view other than the fact that you seem to dislike him; which is your prerogative.
I watched quite a few Brisbane games and other than the form of Zorko and the development of Hipwood the thing that stood out to me was the form of Martin throughout the year. I remember thinking jealously of Brisbane that they had been able to have a quality ruck and we were premiers and basically had spuds as ruckmen.
I don't agree at all. Let's leave it at that.
I also quite like Martin but think he's nearing over the hill territory.
I also didn't call you an incredulous dick I said you were acting like one. I stand by that.

I have a long memory Chops oops I mean Ernie.
You have abused me before. I have no respect for you and honestly don't really care what you think.

I wasn't wrong by the way. Have a lovely day.
Oh so it's personal thing you trying to get back at me!
I have no recollection of abusing you I definitely didn't here Today. If I did and I doubt it, I apologise.

Sorry you're obviously not having a lovely day.

It must burn you to carry something so long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back