Strategy Trade and List Management thread 4 (Be sure to huddle around your transitor radio at 11 am Edition)

Is the Stringer situation beyond repair?

• The club clearly want him out the door.

• This was just a shot across Jakes bow as a means of motivating him.

• The club is clearly a rabble. Sack Macca!

• This is just the first play in massive trade that we are not yet privy to.

• This is a game of blink and Jake and Conners just blinked.

• Its time to move on a negotiate the best deal we can.

• I felt sad for Jake on that stage today.

• We've warned you about creating polls Norm!

• The Jack 'Armageddon option' Watts option

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But this is exactly what I said North should do a month or so ago. Go big. Get Dusty thinking. Make Richmond pony up as much cash as possible to keep him.

Every club in the comp should thank North for what they did because Richmond is now gonna have a hard time fitting in another big salary. Got Prestia, Cotchin, Rance and Riewoldt on big money and Dusty on mega money.

Now North need to send that offer to a few GWS players and put the squeeze on them.
Yeah but that's just giving yourself a shit rep around the league without actually getting your club any significant gain. Eventually norf are going to want to trade with those list managers that they're squeezing and they'll be last on the list in the phonebook.

They are huge. Hopefully neither of them ends up in red, white and blue. I just don't see anything with Cox other than height. If Keefe was younger I'd be the slightest bit tempted but he's 27 this year and I'm hopeful Collins is just about ready to step up or step out.
Really don't think we need another guy in the team with a penchant for booger sugar. :p

Seven years is a bit over the top for a 26 yo. He's at his peak now and can't see him being anywhere near as good post 30. if he gets injuries, it's an even worse deal.

Yeah but that's just giving yourself a shit rep around the league without actually getting your club any significant gain. Eventually norf are going to want to trade with those list managers that they're squeezing and they'll be last on the list in the phonebook.
They aren't here to make friends, they're here to win flags and thought Dusty could help them get there.

Dodo's got a shit rep, still gets things done and has his team in a good place.

Yeah imagine if a team paid someone, even a million a year, for let's say 7 years! That would tear the club apart!

Let's not be judgy and say these sort of things regarding contracts, especially when we paid a lot of money for a completely unproven prospect, whereas Richmond paid a lot of money for the likely brownlow medallist.
We had to pay an ex Player $800k in 2015 just to meet our minimum 95% cap floor as well - we have a truckload of cap space compared to Richmond, especially considering Boyd's contract is heavily front loaded (after his first year which was the mandated 2nd year player contract amount) and we can use the 105 rule.

They aren't here to make friends, they're here to win flags and thought Dusty could help them get there.

Dodo's got a shit rep, still gets things done and has his team in a good place.
Teams win flags not individuals. Geelong found that out last year. Richmond need to concentrate on some one their talented younger players more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would anyone be keen on Jarrad Waite for one year. Yet to be offered a contract by North and don't think he would cost the Earth. Would doubt he would play every game but surely a better option than a couple on our list

Would anyone be keen on Jarrad Waite for one year. Yet to be offered a contract by North and don't think he would cost the Earth. Would doubt he would play every game but surely a better option than a couple on our list
We already have Cloke so no need to add Waite imo

Watching Stringer 2015 highlights makes me ill imagining him doing it for another team. Some north chumps think a trade with them is on the cards, I will be absolutely filthy if we move him.

If we're unable to land a big fish and have the salary cap room I'd be moving Cloke on and paying him out. Just can't see him offering anymore next year than he did this year which was very little. FWIW I was all for taking the gamble with Cloke. Just didn't work out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back