Strategy Trade and List .Management thread 5 (...the post coitus cigarette. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wondering this - if I was say wants or north I'd sit back, watch and maybe pounce.

Say north went for him, what would be the trade?
Hard to say but probably be 4 and 21 for 9 and stringer

I've been wondering this - if I was say wants or north I'd sit back, watch and maybe pounce.

Say north went for him, what would be the trade?
Four and 21 for Stringer and 9 if we really want him gone.

If we do want fair value just plain four for Stringer and maybe send 26 back.

Trade whisper a bit late to the party
Reported on the HS a while back
Was at Coll today apparently but was probably others just reporting what he said as I have blocked that idiot as I can't stand his shit showing up in feed when I do afl trade search

Must have lost one of his two phones
Is Tony two phones still denying that it is him ? Or is it just a given that the talentless hack who has lived off his old mans name is the whisperer

I feel dirty even talking about this flog as it is exactly what he wants the attention seeking **** sucker

They only want a second rounder. If he doesn't want too much $ I'd do it. We are in a window (imo) and he'd be best 22 and more impact than a second rounder unless we get lucky.

Yeah, if we were to recruit him to play in the Tom Lynch (Adelaide) role where he's a tall link player then I'd be okay with it.

Rockliff is bad. Very pleased a club other than us will be paying him a lot of money.

According to the Port board, Impey's dad asked Trengove to look after him just before Impey's dad passed away.
The two are close and it may be a handshake agreement that if we sign Trengove we trade for Impey too.
Impey and Trengove being close is very real, it was more of Trengove knowing that someone would need to look out for him when his father passed so he stepped up to the plate. Impey's Mum left the family when he was young so it has just been his Dad looking after him and his sister, now his Dad has passed I think he only has his Nanna back home in Shepparton.

Port's leadership group are aware that he may look to return to Vic for family reasons so I think the club are willing to help facilitate that where they can. I think Trengove possibly coming to us has presented an opportunity.

We talk about Stringer's off field issues, with Impey we are talking about a kid that sucked it up and went to Port which meant leaving his Dad who was going through his first cancer battle all for the sake of chasing his AFL dream.

Did this have an effect on his on field performance? I don't know for sure, but if he didn't cost us the Earth I would back him in to improve dramatically with a change in environment close to home.

Put him deep forward and tell him to tackle anything that moves, he would have the quickest closing speed on our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put him deep forward and tell him to tackle anything that moves, he would have the quickest closing speed on our list.
Does he have any goal/finishing sense or are we just putting him forward because he's a quick indigenous player? He's mostly played at HBF and torched the ball as often as he's used his speed to advantage, right?

I think Impey could thrive in our forward line to be honest. His skills aren't as bad as has been made out around here, don't think he's too bad in front of goal at all and while he's small I think he's similar to JJ in the way that he has a big leap and competes pretty strongly in the air. Could be a real value pick up at the right price, I'm all for it

Does he have any goal/finishing sense or are we just putting him forward because he's a quick indigenous player? He's mostly played at HBF and torched the ball as often as he's used his speed to advantage, right?
No idea to be honest, what I do know is his goal and tackle stats would have placed him nearly in our top 5 this year? Not a bad platform to work with for someone who is coming off the HBF.

My expected changes this offseason. Best guess

FA
Jackson Trengove

Trade 1
WB (Pick 39) - Fremantle (Hayden Crozier)

Trade 2
WB (Jake Stringer, Mitch Honeychurch, Pick 26) - Essendon (Pick 11, Pick 28)

Trade 3 - Not one id expect but one id do to get the right currency for Impey
WB (Pick 28) - Fremantle (Matt Taberner, Pick 40)

Trade 4
WB (Pick 40) - PA (Jarmen Impey)

Also i wouldnt be surprised if one of Roberts/Campbell/Smith is traded.

Give us pick 9 and 11 and 4 players who would be easily in our top 30 players. All expected to play at least 13+ games.

Think we lose Crameri for nothing or a very minor pick upgrade unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back