Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only if he brings his 1st 3 games and not his 2nd 3. I think he’s down the pecking order but still has time on his side. I did want to say he’s still only young but ....

I reckon Young will be fine. He has the skills he just needed to work on some things and we forget that when he debuted he was the youngest player in the AFL so time is still on his side.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How does 22 and 25 go compared to Sydney’s first pick points wise?

Dream outcome for me is trade them two for Sydney’s pick.

Trade 7 for Wingard. Still get a gun kid before West then take F/S and Buk.

Bit of a concern that we continually selected the youngest team in the league on a week to week basis and now we have lost

25 year old Smith
27 year old Redpath
27 year old Biggs
26 year old Dahlhaus
25 year old Adams.

With thus far Lloyd at 28 being the only guaranteed in.

I’m hugely concerned that it could be another step back in 2019 before we take 3 steps forward.

I’m open to trading 2019 second round pick for an experienced best 22 player.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Khamis coming in and Roarke re-signed and Lewis Young also being an intercept defender I’d be asking Lewis if he has any desire to return home. Possibly work out a deal along the line of 7,25 and Young for Wingard and Hombsch.

Bit of a concern that we continually selected the youngest team in the league on a week to week basis and now we have lost

25 year old Smith
27 year old Redpath
27 year old Biggs
26 year old Dahlhaus
25 year old Adams.

I’m hugely concerned that it could be another step back in 2019 before we take 3 steps forward.

With the exception of Dahl, those players barely got a game, and our young brigade will improve because they got more games into them. It won’t be a step back.

Last edited:

25 year old Smith
27 year old Redpath
27 year old Biggs
26 year old Dahlhaus
25 year old Adams.

I’m open to trading 2019 second round pick for an experienced best 22 player.

It is a real concern but realistically only 2 of those guys were regularly getting on the park this season and they were both well below par.

25 year old Smith
27 year old Redpath
27 year old Biggs
26 year old Dahlhaus
25 year old Adams.

True, but we knew Redpath and Smith were cooked and would contribute little if anything in the future. Of that 5 only Dahl was getting regular games. So a 28/29 yo Lloyd probably covers him. Whoever else we get in (Wingard?) will make it even better.

And of course the cohort that DID play most of the senior games last year is now a year older and around 20 games more experienced than they were before 2018.

However you forgot to mention the possibility of Jordan Roughead leaving. If he were to go it would be a more significant loss in terms of wiser/older players than Dahlhaus IMO. Similar experience but much more leadership. With Adams going I'd prefer he stayed unless we have a suitably experienced replacement in our sights.

With Khamis coming in and Roarke re-signed and Lewis Young also being an intercept defender I’d be asking Lewis if he has any desire to return home. Possibly work out a deal along the line of 7,25 and Young for Wingard and Hombsch.

I don't think we should be selling off Young just yet. He's a second year defender that looked bloody good in his first year who was developing playing seconds because we got in Naughton and Young is our tallest defender.

So this trade period will likely see more contracted players move clubs than restricted/unrestricted free agents move clubs - system working as designed??!!

True, but we knew Redpath and Smith were cooked and would contribute little if anything in the future. Of that 5 only Dahl was getting regular games. So a 28/29 yo Lloyd probably covers him. Whoever else we get in (Wingard?) will make it even better.

And of course the cohort that DID play most of the senior games last year is now a year older and around 20 games more experienced than they were before 2018.

However you forgot to mention the possibility of Jordan Roughead leaving. If he were to go it would be a more significant loss in terms of wiser/older players than Dahlhaus IMO. Similar experience but much more leadership. With Adams going I'd prefer he stayed unless we have a suitably experienced replacement in our sights.

Yep forgot to mention roughy true.

Sure they didn’t contribute much and as you said we didn’t expect those guys I listed to contribute much in the future but you can see that as soon as the fell apart due to injury and form it coincided with our tumble down the ladder.

Personally I think we should trust in the kids we have and compliment them with some players that have 3 seasons or more under there belt. I’d be happy to trade a future second to get a good player from somewhere.

Adams is a floating backman type - we have Wood and Young who can play that role. And this kind of deal is exactly what we brought in Trengrove for.

If Kings can play, then grabbing one wouldnt be the worst outcome. IF

Yep forgot to mention roughy true.

Sure they didn’t contribute much and as you said we didn’t expect those guys I listed to contribute much in the future but you can see that as soon as the fell apart due to injury and form it coincided with our tumble down the ladder.

Personally I think we should trust in the kids we have and compliment them with some players that have 3 seasons or more under there belt. I’d be happy to trade a future second to get a good player from somewhere.
Even if Wingard doesn't happen I'm pretty sure that's a significant part of our off season strategy.

I agree that we have to trust in the kids but some of them might need another year before they are really ready, so 2-3 older recruits like Lloyd won't hurt. Especially with Dickson, Picko and Morris nearing the end of their careers and no certainty to play 20 or more games.

Let's not forget we were starting to play some pretty good footy toward the end of 2018 and that was without the five you mentioned: Dahlhaus, Adams, Biggs, Clay and Redpath.

Adams possibly saw the writing on the wall with Cordy and Naughton going past him as KPD, and Young coming along as well. Seems like a bit of a mental midget to me.

I think we're dreaming if people think we will get pick 22. He's an injury prone (albeit good) KPD who has played 20 odd games. Pick 40 is more realistic unfortunately.

I would have NFI whether he is coming or not but I would hope our club is in there punching away for any and all players we want.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
There is a difference between hoping we are going after him and those saying we should not be doing certain deals this year as it would mean it would be more difficult to get Kelly over the line next year. Realistically it is extremely unlikely that the Dogs will land Kelly so to say lets not look at more realistic options because Kelly may be available next year is just moronic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back