Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think our main focus this off season is stocking up our contested mids and wing roles

Wild that top 5 midfield has Williams and Baker as our starting wings

Williams is actually going well. No issues there.

I would like to upgrade Baker and upgrade the wing rotation (bench player).

Really interested in adding a powerful inside mid this year. That would be the draft pick and would be happy to trade in a wingman like Bergman.

Pretty sure most of the board celebrated getting Schache at the time. We are all experts with hindsight.

Only the naive ones. The clever members of this board realised that if Brisbane were willing to trade a contracted, former pick 2 KPF for such little return, something was clearly wrong with the lad. Grant should have known better.

Correct me if I am not understanding rookie list rules enough, but we were only eligible to play O'Donnell by upgrading him from Cat B to regular rookie list, and we were only able to do that because we passed over a pick in the rookie draft that everyone assumed that we would take to the midseason draft?

Correct me if I am not understanding rookie list rules enough, but we were only eligible to play O'Donnell by upgrading him from Cat B to regular rookie list, and we were only able to do that because we passed over a pick in the rookie draft that everyone assumed that we would take to the midseason draft?
Had a mate hit up Cal about it
We still have a open spot for the Mid Season Draft

You blokes have dropped off Baker in a hurry.
His season so far has been excellent.
Didnt see yesterday’s game , so I assume he wasn’t great , but he has given us some much needed run In previous games.
I really like Baker
I just feel like we could upgrade that position or look for the future in drafting a winger

You blokes have dropped off Baker in a hurry.
His season so far has been excellent.
Didnt see yesterday’s game , so I assume he wasn’t great , but he has given us some much needed run In previous games.
I think excellent is a touch strong but he’s been really good. I like his run and hardness he’s just pretty prone to doing some pretty flipping dumb things on the field. If we could upgrade his position to Bergman and he was depth that would be ideal IMO, nothing against him just I’d aim a bit higher on the wings.

Bergman is really a utility type not a wing. Can play anywhere on the ground to some good effect but his best position is wing or halfback. Also you really need 4 players that can play that wing role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just say our 2nd first rounder is pick 18 and we can trade it for Bergman do we do it? He is a very good player is only getting better but our wings are fine our half backs a great I 'could' be an inside mid he is a pretty known quantity so guaranteed a good player, is there a player in that draft range that we think will be better?

Just say our 2nd first rounder is pick 18 and we can trade it for Bergman do we do it? He is a very good player is only getting better but our wings are fine our half backs a great I 'could' be an inside mid he is a pretty known quantity so guaranteed a good player, is there a player in that draft range that we think will be better?
Yes we do it. Use our firsts for mids and use our late picks (I assume we have one) as a Hail Mary KPD to develop. In the next 12 months I’m assuming Cleary and Buku come in as defenders (bye Keath), and hopefully Bus is ready in 1-2 years so our defensive stocks are just ok.

Yes we do it. Use our firsts for mids and use our late picks (I assume we have one) as a Hail Mary KPD to develop. In the next 12 months I’m assuming Cleary and Buku come in as defenders (bye Keath), and hopefully Bus is ready in 1-2 years so our defensive stocks are just ok.
At this moment looking at the draft power rankings I'm taking freijah and Kane McAuliffe instead of Bergmann, try to get doedee and Gresham

Get rid of Hannan O'Brien McComb raak Garcia

So Bergman has been settled as an intercept defender where he has settled and is playing really well.

With our suggested interest in Doedee, will we choose one or the other?

At this moment looking at the draft power rankings I'm taking freijah and Kane McAuliffe instead of Bergmann, try to get doedee and Gresham

Get rid of Hannan O'Brien McComb raak Garcia

I wouldn’t be chasing Gresham but the rest I am on board with.

Doedee should be our target. I would take Bergman as option B but I would rather not have to trade an earlyish pick for Bergman.

There are other good option in this draft too in the late first round area. This would be a draft where the more picks between 15-30 you get the better. IF I had a top 5 pick, I would trade it for 2-3 picks in that range in a heart beat. Really good value options in that range, maximising your odds would make sense. Pick 1 is obvious & shouldn’t be traded.

I wouldn’t be chasing Gresham but the rest I am on board with.

Doedee should be our target. I would take Bergman as option B but I would rather not have to trade an earlyish pick for Bergman.

There are other good option in this draft too in the late first round area. This would be a draft where the more picks between 15-30 you get the better. IF I had a top 5 pick, I would trade it for 2-3 picks in that range in a heart beat. Really good value options in that range, maximising your odds would make sense. Pick 1 is obvious & shouldn’t be traded.
I think Gresham for cap space is worth a shot is a match winning small forward would have a massive influence in our forward line can play midfield I know he's been inconsistent lately but I think a forward line of 3 ligit talls and 3 ligit pressure smalls would be great arty has made a huge difference lately

Doedee may or may not be the player but we do need an experienced, defensively minded small/medium defender to replace 32-year-old Taylor Duryea. Especially as Croizer will be 30 next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back