Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right.

So we've given up picks 10 & 20ish & next year's first & next year's 3rd for pick 6 and Harmes. And we've knocked back Hawks pick 4 and future 1st for Baz.

And we can't land any assistant coaches.

And people are happy with our off season so far?

Just checking to make sure I'm on the same page.

Right.

So we've given up picks 10 & 20ish & next year's first & next year's 3rd for pick 6 and Harmes. And we've knocked back Hawks pick 4 and future 1st for Baz.

We've knocked back pick 4 for Smith nothing else was attached and they've moved on to try for pick 1.

Right.

lol Hawks did not offer that

If we get some decent assistant coaches which is still possibly, I think it would have been a great offseason.

Right.

We got 3 3rd rounders back from the Suns too which pay for any Croft bid. It’s the equivalent of getting a 1st rounder back along with 6.

If North or Hawthorn take Curtin, then Watson or McKercher (or Duursma) will reach our pick. North would be mad to not take the best tall in it.
They're likely taking, pink & Stewart as mature talls which atleast means Watsonn won't have to be a key defender.

Curtins such an interesting prospect, skills, size & athleticism damn. Has he actually spent time on ball/around stoppages and looked good? If so he’s in Bont territory with that package.

If midfield is just a pipe dream I reaaaally don’t want another tall, but if he’s genuinely worst case scenario we’re gonna do pretty well

Curtins such an interesting prospect, skills, size & athleticism damn. Has he actually spent time on ball/around stoppages and looked good? If so he’s in Bont territory with that package.

If midfield is just a pipe dream I reaaaally don’t want another tall, but if he’s genuinely worst case scenario we’re gonna do pretty well
Gives us some good trade bait with WC with him at Buss at worst

So how did we get Watson or Mckercher? Sanders seems pretty meh to trade up for
Sanders is an underated gun actually the best pure inside mid in the draft , I actually think him and mckercher end up better than Reid, has great balance in everything attack defense, is quicker than most inside mids a strong mark a good kick makes great decisions, Larke medalist one of the best players in the Coates league Grand final

I think much like Caddy midfield is wishful thinking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didnt knock back that trade for Baz your dreaming, we have up 14 23 and future first and 3rd for 6 croft harmes Coffield
Right.

What's this about Bianco?

After being let go by Collingwood, Bianco was asked if there were any AFL clubs in particular that he feels he’d be a good fit at.

The versatile outside user named two Victorian clubs where he feels he could fit in at going forward.

“Yeah, absolutely, I've had a good look at some other teams,” Bianco said.

“I like the look of Geelong and the Western Bulldogs but obviously there's a lot of things to play out from here.

Just that.

He had 20 clearances in 4 games throughout the state championships so without watching the games that would suggest he spent significant time in the midfield.

"His composure as a big bloke on-ball, his ability to side-step players, and that big body around the contest, you could see that translating to the next level as a midfielder no doubt," Jones told AFL.com.au.

"His skill level is exceptionally high as well and he has the athletic capabilities. He's a really good runner for his size, so if he's going to play midfield he's going to need that.

"His stoppage craft was very, very good for a player who hadn't played a lot in that role and with his ability to learn how to spread and be a two-way elite runner, I see some really good growth there."

Apart from the token trades for Sweet and Coffield... this period is wrapped up for us.

Sam Power has only done about 3-4 days work before calling it a year.

On the plus side if the players we want aren't there at 5 it'll mean one of Duursma or Curtin slide and we will get good offers from Essendon or Eagles.

Right.

10 and 20 were going to be eaten by Croft. It’s the next year first rounder that’s purple. If our first next year is pick 12 to 18, then trading up to 6, and getting Croft, Coffield and Harmes is a massive win. If it ends up being pick 4 - Bevo gets the arse and we will have to hear all about what a Gumby Power was to give it up for 3 months in 2024.

I’m more and more comfortable that we simply had to take some risks given our list and performances at the back end of this year. I’d like to give JUH some reasons to re-sign with a more balanced list profile and hopefully a decent coaches bench.

Mark my words, James Harmes will be a premiership player at the end of next season.

He’s big medium defender that moves really well at his size and wouldn’t be caught out against talls and smaller players, but couldn’t go with the quickest small forwards. Left footer and perhaps a little too one sided atm. Best suited to defence, but could definitely play on a wing early days and eventually through midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back