Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well trades have dropped, GC got F19 for our 18, and 14, 27 & 35 for our 11.

So we could realistically have turned our 10 & 17 into 14, 27, 35, F19 & kept our F1. Interesting times, would want to hope pick 5 is a gun and Croft is bid on before 14.

I don't pay attention to all this shit closely enough to be fully educated.

But I would have rathered us take more high end picks because our depth sucks.

Loading up on Pick 5 seems riskier to me. But i dunno.

The AFL would want to hope that North improve but simply become a mediocre club rather than a contender. The whole AFL world will be up in arms and any possible success is already tainted.

What they've done the AFL is set a precedent. So now every club that finishes around the bottom for a few years will have their hands out.

So we could realistically have turned our 10 & 17 into 14, 27, 35, F19 & kept our F1. Interesting times, would want to hope pick 5 is a gun and Croft is bid on before 14.
Pretty sure 14 going to Adelaide with Burgess. So GC ends up with 23, 26, 27, 35 and the Norf are a horribly ran club F19 next year.

We hold 5 or whatever is, so let's say Watson is gone by our pick, nothing stopping us turning 5 into multiple picks through live trading just like the Suns have.

Suns turned our picks 11, 18 and Burgess (2314 points) into a point equivalent of pick 11 (turned into 3681 points)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suns turned our picks 11, 18 and Burgess (2314 points) into a point equivalent of pick 11 (turned into 3681 points)
As in, they added another pick 11? Or did you mean equivalent of pick 1?

Monitoring trades is generally a pretty good way to see how recruiters rate the quality of the draft. The action so far seems to be forecasting an incredibly shallow (and thus short) draft.

Monitoring trades is generally a pretty good way to see how recruiters rate the quality of the draft. The action so far seems to be forecasting an incredibly shallow (and thus short) draft.
Apologies I didn't write it very well.
Added a point equivalent of an extra pick 11 on top of the 11 and 18 from us.

It will be a short draft due to lack of list spaces and a perception for lack of depth in the draft.
With the over inflation of the first round due to compensation pick and matching of bids almost half the draft will be done in the first round.

Yeah it seems like anything out of the top 10 isn’t being rated very highly, so probably a positive weve traded up into the highly regarded top 5. Even Melbourne have given up a bit to move from 14 to 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back