Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it is 15, 18 (if they get it from GC) and 20
The offer was actually four first round picks.

15, 18, 21 and a F1 compensation pick.
or
15, 21, and both F1 compensation picks.

The latter option is no longer viable as North has sent one to Sydney for Stephens going by the latest news. North will have Sydneys pick 25 for this year as well, once it goes through. Leaving them with 6 top 25 picks. Pretty decent war chest to rebuild.

If I were West Coast anyone wanting pick 1 (Reid) will have to pony up otherwise I’m drafting the kid and selling him next year to the highest bidder (provided he wants to leave) That could be anyone!! North got kissed on the d$&k with a free hit make them use it I say!!

I thought Eagles wanted 2&3, which Norf knocked back. Either pick may still be in play mixed with lesser picks?
I reckon North might cave in at the last minute. Then they will brag how they were able to land the best kid in the draft thanks to the AFL rewarding them for poor list management. Plus the fact they still have picks 15, 18, 21, 25 to draft some players.

I bet the AFLs handouts were purely to help Roos land Reid, whilst doubling as assistance for the Eagles in one hit. The AFL heads manufactured the whole thing, because integrity is not in their dictionary.

Both teams are posturing. Will come down to who blinks first. Whether the Eagles will accept it, is another thing. They can easily land two first round picks for Reid in the future should he want to return home. So no reason to now, unless they badly want Curtin enough.

At this point North are basically a pseudo start up club given the draft package they've been afforded due to their own ineptness. The squeaky wheel gets the oil, and loses the respect of the competition (or whatever they had left of it).

Agreed. The whole competition is disadvantaged for the pretty simple reason that North Melbourne are just crap by their own hand. Poor decision after poor decision has led to this. For a really deserving recipient of league handouts, I wonder whether our foundation AFLW team will get a few handouts after being exploited for several years and finishing on the bottom of the ladder? Can’t see it happening.

So only 1 deal so far today and there’s still like another week of the list managers measuring each others dicks, before they all get done on the last 2 days like when it was a 2-day event.

So only 1 deal so far today and there’s still like another week of the list managers measuring each others dicks, before they all get done on the last 2 days like when it was a 2-day event.
I've got Dodo as smallest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broken record since 2015.

Backline scares the s**t out of me.

Jones goes down we're ****ed.

Look forward to the day we have a coach & list manager who realise how important key defenders are.

I'm not sure i've got another season of watching gardiner & keath in me. It's horrendous.
Agreed. Personally I'm hoping JODs form carries into 2024 and with a big summer can really hold down that key post. Fingers crossed Busslinger can emerge as well.

Keath and Gardner should be vfl/depth.

Our backline will continue to be our downfall though, unless some other inclusions appear this trade period.

Agreed. Personally I'm hoping JODs form carries into 2024 and with a big summer can really hold down that key post. Fingers crossed Busslinger can emerge as well.

Keath and Gardner should be vfl/depth.

Our backline will continue to be our downfall though, unless some other inclusions appear this trade period.
Our backline was still one of the worst in the league at one on one win rates, even with Jones inclusion. Need to get better one on one as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back