Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty poor to be dropped for its if thats indeed true. I don't recall Jong being dropped.
He didn't get dropped but it made for an awkward entrance the following day.
I haven't personally heard anything about Garcia looking at other clubs and last heard he was set to sign a two year deal.
If he did though I doubt he wouldve been dropped for it directly. Could it have rubbed people the wrong way and made them less forgiving to weaknesses in his game (efficiency) that's possible.

Garcia touring Geelongs facilities midway through the season with so many people in and out of clubs would be up there with the dumbest, dumbest move anyone could make.

I highly doubt his manager would allow it, and I really highly doubt he'd do it. That type of stunt would be all over the media in about 2 seconds after his spotted walking around.

Jong did it in the off season, and he was still caught by media, and it was plastered everywhere.

I'd place money on the fact that Garcia didn't tour Geelong facilities / his been dropped for it unless his manager is Donald Trump levels of stupid..

Hard to know - he came to us needing / after a shoulder reco….took time to find his groove, and was in the rehab group the week prior to everyone saying he should be in.

If he’s made up his mind to go, why would we give him exposure and develop him for someone else when those games could go to a player who is keen to stay
Because it would add to his trade value

My bad then. Point still stands.

Stupid then when Jong did it.
Stupid now if Garcia has done it.

The fact the media hasn't touched it or even hinted leads me to believe that it's pure BS.
Or alternatively, even in the ridiculous nature of AFL media attention being dedicated to list management, nobody really cares and there isn't a general AFL audience for which club Riley Garcia plays at next year in the grand context of AFL media.

Jong had already played better footy than Garcia at AFL level and was a more recognisable face, at the very least.

He's set an all time record for fines in a short career, but not sure that tips him into the dh territory. Life-long Dogs supporter and onfield jet, I'm happy to concede minor onfield indiscretions if he's wearing a RW&B jumper.
His love for Bont, and Bont's guiding light will have him sorted in no time 🙂

Or alternatively, even in the ridiculous nature of AFL media attention being dedicated to list management, nobody really cares and there isn't a general AFL audience for which club Riley Garcia plays at next year in the grand context of AFL media.

Jong had already played better footy than Garcia at AFL level and was a more recognisable face, at the very least.
Maybe. But the level of scrutiny of club lists and potential trades has probably increased by close to an order of magnitude since the Jong affair.

This thread gets a ridiculous amount of idle chatter throughout the year and the AFL website has a thing called Gettable just to fill space and/or keep the clicks coming all year round. When too much footy can never be enough.

So even if some unknown like Garcia was spotted touring another club's facilities I reckon there's a fair chance they'd pounce on it. It would make a change from rehashing the same old news, speculation and whispers week after week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It baffles me that he was dropped
Had to of been some sort of discipline thing that was kept hush? And not even named as emergency! Musta been really naughty.
No way you drop him after what.. 21 possessions and a goal?
Really hope we don’t lose him

Had to of been some sort of discipline thing that was kept hush? And not even named as emergency! Musta been really naughty.
No way you drop him after what.. 21 possessions and a goal?
Really hope we don’t lose him

If we haven’t already

Garcia to Geelong talk sounds weird if they're into Bailey Smith as well. Maybe it's 1 or the other. Garcia's spot is first into the firing line if Bailey stays at dogs. Dogs will look at upping Garcia's offer if Bailey leaves and if the touring is true (which I doubt in anyway because Journos are like hawks around club facilities for any info) is that he's probably looking for a better contract and more opportunity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back