Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FRINGE DOG NOW GOOD CHANCE TO STAY

The “tide has turned a little” regarding fringe Bulldogs utility Buku Khamis’ footy future, according to SEN reporter Sam Edmund.

Several clubs, including Collingwood and North Melbourne, have been circling Khamis, who’s played 10 games for the Bulldogs since being plucked out of the club’s Next Generation Academy program in late 2018.Despite kicking 41.21 from 18 VFL matches this year for Footscray, Khamis only played one game for the Bulldogs’ AFL side, which featured fellow key forwards Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Rory Lobb and Aaron Naughton inside 50.
But after weighing up his options, Khamis is now a good chance to remain a Bulldog, according to Edmund.

“Speaking to people (on Wednesday), I think it’s now more likely that Buku stays at the Dogs. It’s not guaranteed, but I think he’s been won back over by that club,” Edmund told SEN’s Whateley.

“Only one opportunity at AFL level this year and out of contact, so you can certainly understand him moving on if he did choose that.

“But I just think the tide has turned a little bit on Buku Khamis staying at the Dogs.”

This is weird. Khamis might be a great bloke and clubman and all that - but he's clearly not going to make it at AFL level here with us, unless we are making a significant off season change (Naughton back for example).

He's just not good enough in the areas we have gaps to make it and in the areas he is good at, he's behind much better talents.

It's in his best interests to go and probably ours, to turn over a new spot on the list for someone that fills or might fill a need.

Poor guy.

Unless they've convinced him that he'll be trained as a defender with his sights set on that 3rd defender role alongside Jones & O'Donnell. He's certainly not getting a game as a forward aside from an injury crisis.
Or the interest in him from other clubs isn’t that strong. There’s that option.

FRINGE DOG NOW GOOD CHANCE TO STAY

The “tide has turned a little” regarding fringe Bulldogs utility Buku Khamis’ footy future, according to SEN reporter Sam Edmund.

Several clubs, including Collingwood and North Melbourne, have been circling Khamis, who’s played 10 games for the Bulldogs since being plucked out of the club’s Next Generation Academy program in late 2018.Despite kicking 41.21 from 18 VFL matches this year for Footscray, Khamis only played one game for the Bulldogs’ AFL side, which featured fellow key forwards Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Rory Lobb and Aaron Naughton inside 50.
But after weighing up his options, Khamis is now a good chance to remain a Bulldog, according to Edmund.

“Speaking to people (on Wednesday), I think it’s now more likely that Buku stays at the Dogs. It’s not guaranteed, but I think he’s been won back over by that club,” Edmund told SEN’s Whateley.

“Only one opportunity at AFL level this year and out of contact, so you can certainly understand him moving on if he did choose that.

“But I just think the tide has turned a little bit on Buku Khamis staying at the Dogs.”
Power went to Buku house last week to discuss 2024 so guessing those talks were good

This is weird. Khamis might be a great bloke and clubman and all that - but he's clearly not going to make it at AFL level here with us, unless we are making a significant off season change (Naughton back for example).

He's just not good enough in the areas we have gaps to make it and in the areas he is good at, he's behind much better talents.

It's in his best interests to go and probably ours, to turn over a new spot on the list for someone that fills or might fill a need.
I mean there’s always room for a super athletic guy who can run, mark & kick and can play both ends. There’s a spot for him here if he’s good enough to step up and take it - props to him for going down that route if he does, and trying to force his way into the team he loves.

We still need depth, I’d prefer him on the list who can fill a hole at both ends than a random late pick when we’ve already got heaps of deadwood to clear this year.

I’d move him back personally but even forward he’s only one injury to Marra or Naughty away from playing significant game time, you can’t play Darcy & Lobb together. Unfortunately for him Marra & Naughty we’re super durable last year but a spot could realistically open up for him pretty quickly

Norf now interested in Coffield and Hunter Clark. Of course they are, they want everyone again.

There is probably minimal chance of this happening but i know Buku is close mates with Mutaz El Nour from Richmond’s VFL side, who we have been linked with.

Do you reckon there is a possibility that we have told Buku we’ll draft Mutaz as a sweetener to stay?

There is probably minimal chance of this happening but i know Buku is close mates with Mutaz El Nour from Richmond’s VFL side, who we have been linked with.

Do you reckon there is a possibility that we have told Buku we’ll draft Mutaz as a sweetener to stay?

Tell a fringe player we will draft another fringe player just to keep them?

What are we, Essendon?

Norf now interested in Coffield and Hunter Clark. Of course they are, they want everyone again.
i mean
The best way to rebuild is to bring in young players with 2 or 3 pre-seasons under their belts

People won't complain about their pick compo if they are used in bringing in talent

The dunks trade was actually one of the shittiest things a club has done in recent history, from the start they set out to * us - most clubs are pretty decent at the trade table when they land a top player and they literally did not even try to show an ounce of respect. Absolute campaigners man. That club is literally just one handout after another.

The worst thing is the system just allows for it so there was literally nothing we could have done, seriously broken system. Should have been able to send the dull campaigner to Port.

* Brisbane though, coach is a racist pig shouldn’t even be coaching, captains a dog of a bloke, literally 3 people in their state will give a * about them being in the granny cos they’re all so *ing dumb the only sport they can understand is rugby & broncos are in the granny too. They’ll be back to irrelevancy within 2 years
Agree with all of that except the bit about 3 people care about them being in the GF…I’m in Brisbane and they care…they probably didn’t until they were in the GF, but they care now 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i mean
The best way to rebuild is to bring in young players with 2 or 3 pre-seasons under their belts

People won't complain about their pick compo if they are used in bringing in talent
They're not going to use it for established players... they'll be using it on going up the draft board and will try to screw other clubs on players

Well it makes sense. Both guys would walk into their best 22.
They were close to getting Hunter Clark last trade period.
I hope we're not in the hunt. Good ordinary player.

Pardon the intrusion.

10, 17 and F1 is quite the package for pick 5.

What do you reckon is behind such enthusiasm?

Is it for Nick Watson?
Media speculation only.
No credible sources have is throwing a future first round pick in for anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back