Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twomey just mentioned it on Gettable?
Speculation or actually on the table?
Sam Power blinks about as often as Zuckerberg and I'd be highly suspicious of any media speculation about overs deals at this time of year

Media have linked us with Nick Watson and Colby McKercher if we get the suns pick
McKercher may be worth it.
Watson I don't think so.

Speculation or actually on the table?
Sam Power blinks about as often as Zuckerberg and I'd be highly suspicious of any media speculation about overs deals at this time of year
Check out the bit from 34.10

I guess it is speculation on second viewing. He's asked to make a call on it, but then responds very assertively that it'll be the Dogs, and the Dees and North will duke it out for pick 10.

Surely F1 is not involved in anyway, just flipping surely. Do whatever we have to do with this years picks I don’t care if we burn the whole draft on 4 & Croft & only be left with late picks but I’ll riot if we trade out next years to be honest. I mean it would somewhat make sense if we were trading up for the best mid in the draft, not a flipping 170cm FP 😂

Gonna need that top 5 pick to kickstart our rebuild under a new coach after we shit the bed again & Bev gets sacked anyway, so just don’t flipping touch it

Who ever the kid is I will back in the club to make the right decision and it pays off if they go down this path.
There are underager midfielders right now who look better prospects than many of the top 10 this year. I'm really keen to keep our first rounder as the top end midfield talent next year looks exceptional. We've been pretty open about wanting to look at mids.

If we were targeting a KPD - there's a couple of good ones in the frame this year.
At our pick 10 there are a couple of really good wingmen (Windsor/Wilson) or a utility (Leake) to target. I'd rather keep pick 10, take it to draft, and trade out 17 for points and/or a future pick than touch our first rounder next year.

They're are a few 'flawed' mids who may go 2nd or 3rd round (Stevens/McAuliffe) that would be just as good a risk/reward scenario than trading 3 first rounders for 1 first round pick this year.

There are underager midfielders right now who look better prospects than many of the top 10 this year. I'm really keen to keep our first rounder as the top end midfield talent next year looks exceptional. We've been pretty open about wanting to look at mids.

If we were targeting a KPD - there's a couple of good ones in the frame this year.
At our pick 10 there are a couple of really good wingmen (Windsor/Wilson) or a utility (Leake) to target. I'd rather keep pick 10, take it to draft, and trade out 17 for points and/or a future pick than touch our first rounder next year.

They're are a few 'flawed' mids who may go 2nd or 3rd round (Stevens/McAuliffe) that would be just as good a risk/reward scenario than trading 3 first rounders for 1 first round pick this year.
Brisbane pick won’t even end up being a first rounder after all the bids

Brisbane pick won’t even end up being a first rounder after all the bids
3 x Suns academy kids, McKay compo, Croft bid. That's 5 spots out it could slide.

Pick 10 is at risk. It needs to be traded, whether for the GC pick or otherwise

Windsors highlights are fantastic - what are the knocks on him? Only highlights of course but elite pace, good kick & finishing ability, and what I liked was his tackling - I love that in a winger.

Can we just forget about pick 4 and find a way to trade around a Croft bid (ie out & back in) for Wilson & Windsor.

Outside class & speed we’re desperate for to compliment the list on the wing & flanks. Both look like they’d make us instantly better and wed never have to see the likes of Poulter or Baker again.

Then hit the midfield big time next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s like you are hoping and praying that we have a crap next year
Obviously not my dude but it’s really not that far fetched when you look at our form line. And throw in the fact we’ll probably do **** all off field as per usual, yeah I wouldn’t be risking any future picks.

Obviously not my dude but it’s really not that far fetched when you look at our form line. And throw in the fact we’ll probably do * all off field as per usual, yeah I wouldn’t be risking any future picks.
Highly unlikely Sam Power will add a Future First Rounder he has never done it.

Let's just get Bont to get in Zak Butters ear and work on him living out his childhood dream of playing with us.

Highly unlikely Sam Power will add a Future First Rounder he has never done it.
Hopefully not but people/clubs with nothing to lose make bad decisions. Does this club have enough backbone to make long term decisions? Most of our decisions recently have been extremely short sighted. What we know is we have a CEO who thinks we should be competing for a flag, we have a cooked coach holding on for dear life who has zero self awareness.

There’s going to be a huge amount of pressure on Power to maximise our chance of a flag next year, I could easily see this club in its current state make a poor, rash decision to sell the farm for Watson. There’s a good chance none of these people are even at the club next year so why would they care about future picks?

Unfortunately

Pick 10 is at risk. It needs to be traded, whether for the GC pick or otherwise

Unless we just advise Croft we won't match on something in the first 10 picks.... We don't have to take him.

Surely F1 is not involved in anyway, just *ing surely. Do whatever we have to do with this years picks I don’t care if we burn the whole draft on 4 & Croft & only be left with late picks but I’ll riot if we trade out next years to be honest. I mean it would somewhat make sense if we were trading up for the best mid in the draft, not a *ing 170cm FP

Gonna need that top 5 pick to kickstart our rebuild under a new coach after we s**t the bed again & Bev gets sacked anyway, so just don’t *ing touch it

I’ve been saying this from day one. We could be terrible next year and could get pick4 or 5 in a mid field draft. Suns pick 4 which will be come 6 is worth our future first pick alone. Not adding 10 and 17.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Windsors highlights are fantastic - what are the knocks on him? Only highlights of course but elite pace, good kick & finishing ability, and what I liked was his tackling - I love that in a winger.

Can we just forget about pick 4 and find a way to trade around a Croft bid (ie out & back in) for Wilson & Windsor.

Outside class & speed we’re desperate for to compliment the list on the wing & flanks. Both look like they’d make us instantly better and wed never have to see the likes of Poulter or Baker again.

Then hit the midfield big time next year
Consistency, kicking and contested work are the knocks

Pardon the intrusion.

10, 17 and F1 is quite the package for pick 5.

What do you reckon is behind such enthusiasm?

Is it for Nick Watson?
Would have to be more than Watson I would hope. Possibly a player as well I think Hollands would be a good fit but Blues are all over him.

Just has to be something more than Watson or it is a massive over pay

Surely F1 is not involved in anyway, just *ing surely. Do whatever we have to do with this years picks I don’t care if we burn the whole draft on 4 & Croft & only be left with late picks but I’ll riot if we trade out next years to be honest. I mean it would somewhat make sense if we were trading up for the best mid in the draft, not a *ing 170cm FP 😂

Gonna need that top 5 pick to kickstart our rebuild under a new coach after we s**t the bed again & Bev gets sacked anyway, so just don’t *ing touch it
the player we get at pick 4 would want to be kelvin templeton for what it seems were giving up for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back