Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top tier journalism. 4 other clubs are interested in Bailey Smith, therefore according to them he has a 20% chance to join each, which means he’s 80% gone.

Unfortunately for us, 17 others clubs are interested in JUH so he’s 94.5% gone.

The funniest part is he basically said Bevo made the right call based on Smiths form and that he needs to work harder on improving 😂

I'm not sure where the 80% figure came from. Possibly another case of AFL reporters discussing a matter and them creating a headline based on their own speculation. But clearly it's a point they're not dropping so the smoke is presumably coming from somewhere.

The smoke is coming from their own arses. Look at Martin, every year he's 'reportedly' been out the door to Gold Coast and every year he somehow turns up in a Richmond jumper.

Some of these journalist bottom feeders think that willing something to happen by regurgitating their own BS will make it happen.

Yeah but that's irrelevant when they just play both sides and are therefore entirely unaccountable. Like Ugle-Hagan, Bailey Smith had one foot in the door, lucky us!

No wonder the likes of Edmund and Ralph have less credibility that used car salesmen. Brain dead filth campaigners who both somehow think they have a personality and that people actually respect them.

My outsider read is there’s nothing to worry about with JUH, but I reckon Smith is already as good as gone. Obviously it could change, but the only way I see even a small chance of him staying is he becomes one of the 3 main CB mids and the team gets back into finals. Even then, I think it’s more likely he parlays that into a trade elsewhere.

I don’t think Tim goes, but mostly because I don’t think teams will be rushing to spend $1m a year on a ruckman.

Last edited:
We are all going to give ourselves a hernia if we react to every article about Marra/English/Baz like this. Like it or not the longer these players remain unsigned into 2024, the more media conjecture there will be about their future.
Oh I think Baz is gone. My ire is for the quality of AFL media, not the stories being focused on us/certain players.

Why do people follow footy media? It's the male equivalent of gossip magazines.
I live in qld, almost no AFL news makes it up here, its why I'm on big footy.
Genuine question Scrag... What is your recommendation for accurate AFL news that's not behind a pay wall?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The celebrity of Baz would have its own appeal to certain clubs. He may be overpaid on production but then again…what about merch, guernsey sales, social media engagement etc? There is extracurricular value in him.
There is, but there is a ceiling to that too if he isn't playing well/the team isn't winning. Good on him for maximising his off field earnings, a players career is short so you do what you gotta do, but the ship has sailed for him every being a true face of the league or someone who singularly drives memberships/merch sales etc...

Top tier journalism. 4 other clubs are interested in Bailey Smith, therefore according to them he has a 20% chance to join each, which means he’s 80% gone.

Unfortunately for us, 17 others clubs are interested in JUH so he’s 94.5% gone.
It’s called McClur-Enomics

I live in qld, almost no AFL news makes it up here, its why I'm on big footy.
Genuine question Scrag... What is your recommendation for accurate AFL news that's not behind a pay wall?
I just listen to a bunch of randoms on a footy forum 😆

There is, but there is a ceiling to that too if he isn't playing well/the team isn't winning. Good on him for maximising his off field earnings, a players career is short so you do what you gotta do, but the ship has sailed for him every being a true face of the league or someone who singularly drives memberships/merch sales etc...

I think there is hope for him yet, but it will be on the back of him taking the next step in terms of on-field performance. He’s miles off it at the moment, but the potential is there.

I think there is hope for him yet, but it will be on the back of him taking the next step in terms of on-field performance. He’s miles off it at the moment, but the potential is there.

No doubt he realises that and that the next step is for him to join Bont & Libba in the middle. The problem is the coaches either don’t think he deserves that role or are doing another Dunkley and trying to extract more out of him across multiple roles.

This expectation isn't fair on Baz in my opinion. Those games stand out for his goal kicking and that just isn't his game, we'd all live with a return to his 2022 form though before head butting Touhy/drug scandal.
Yeah I mean if we got 2021 finals series Baz consistently that’s basically the best player in the comp. I’d be more than happy with first half ‘22 Baz

With Port gaining Soldo and Sweet, there's a good chance that Lycett and Hayes will be delisted. I know Hayes is not ideal, but I think he'd be OK as the main ruckman in the 2s while being a break glass type if tnjury strikes the others. He is still quite young whereas Lycett looks cooked.

With Port gaining Soldo and Sweet, there's a good chance that Lycett and Hayes will be delisted. I know Hayes is not ideal, but I think he'd be OK as the main ruckman in the 2s while being a break glass type if tnjury strikes the others. He is still quite young whereas Lycett looks cooked.
Lycett is still weighing up if he wants to retire or play one more year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back